PDA

View Full Version : ACB Bonus Content For All?

lokie56
10-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Will people be able to purchase the 2 exclusive maps and other bonus characters later on?

And on a side note:will brotherhood have sneak peeks at AC3?

lokie56
10-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Will people be able to purchase the 2 exclusive maps and other bonus characters later on?

And on a side note:will brotherhood have sneak peeks at AC3?

magesupermaster
10-23-2010, 08:49 AM
We don't know, probably..

And what do you mean by 'sneak peeks at AC3'?

FrankieSatt
10-23-2010, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lokie56:

And on a side note:will brotherhood have sneak peeks at AC3? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure about it, but it would seem to me that selling the "Exclusives" after the game being out for a while kind of defeats the purpose of "Exclusive". What is the benefit of paying extra for "Exclusives" when they will just be sold later on?

As far as a sneak peak into AC3, I'm sure there will be some refrences to it. AC2 had a sneak peak into Brotherhood, which I won't comment on just in case someone doesn't want spoilers.

jlorence
10-23-2010, 10:37 AM
AC2 had those exclusive Templar Lair maps, and they were available as DLC a couple months later. I'm sure these will be too. It's just too good of a money making opportunity for Ubi to pass up.

lokie56
10-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Only reason I ask is because last time everyone knew the content was going to be released to everyone yet as of today we haven't heard a peep about it.

NewBlade200
10-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Well selling the exclusive content a few monthes after relese means that more people will buy it. That means they will get more money. Ubi wouldn't miss that opportunity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ubi_Max
10-23-2010, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Well selling the exclusive content a few monthes after relese means that more people will buy it. That means they will get more money. Ubi wouldn't miss that opportunity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not always as easy as that, I'm afraid. Remember, Ubisoft gets paid from Sony for offering the additonal content exclusively for PS3. Maybe (and most likely) Ubisoft will get more money this way than by offering the content for both PS3 and 360 ...

Personally, I don't like exclusive deals, especially permanent ones. Anyway, we'll see what kind of exclusive deal this one is ...

Best,

Max

DoomKnight10
10-23-2010, 07:11 PM
What I dont like about the 2 bonus characters, is that the officer isnt available in North America. Only Europe and Australia

jlorence
10-23-2010, 10:34 PM
The Officer is available as a preorder bonus at Best Buy.

DoomKnight10
10-23-2010, 11:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j_lorence:
The Officer is available as a preorder bonus at Best Buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Didnt see that. And anyways, the harlequin is the preorder bonus for gamestop, making the 2 characters mutualy exclusive.