PDA

View Full Version : anybody know if the upcoming trackir will be suported by pf?

raaaid
11-29-2004, 06:31 PM
this new trackir is no doubt the biggest revolution in flight sims ever

i really expect pf to support it, boy would that be great news

tenmmike
11-29-2004, 09:27 PM
charvel wrote this....As a member of NaturalPoint's beta team I'm proud to be able to announce the next generation in immersion for Pacific Fighters and many other flight sims and games and let me tell you it's unbelievable!

For current TrackIR3 users there will be made available new software designed from the ground up along with an accessory clip that will allow you to move your head in six degrees of motion!

Lost your opponent around the struts of your cockpit? Need to see over the nose of your plane for carrier takeoffs? want to get a closer look at your gauges? Well pretty soon you will be able to.

The accessory clip has three reflectors and the new software is able to distinguish the position of your head in 3D space for translation in games. I've tried it myself so far in FS2004 and it is the holy grail for us flight simmers! Pacific Fighters should be ready to test in the next week or so, and CFS3 is already working.

Want to see it in action? Check out this video... http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/products/video.html

VF51_Flatspin
11-29-2004, 10:58 PM
My GOD! That's fantastic! I fly full-switch most of the time, but the one thing that's always bugged me about it is that in RL, if something went behind the "A" pillar, I could just look around it...now we can!

Woohoo! Thanks!

Charlie_52ndVFW
11-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Please note that there has been no offical list for games that will be supported by TIR Vector.

I cannot confirm or deny that ANY game will have Vector support, including MS2004, until NaturalPoint releases that information to us (beta team) and then to the public.

Yes, I know the video shows it working in MS2004 and it does as of right now.... but there is nothing official yet and that could change if problems arise.

I am definitly not trying to ruin the mood or IN ANY WAY SAY THAT PF WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED! I am simply saying that you should all wait until the official list has been released by NaturalPoint before you jump to conclusions on ANY game.

Airmikey2
11-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Oleg will support it...He's cool like dat.

Airmikey

fuser59
11-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Wow, with this feature of moving the eyepoint with 6 axis of motion; left, right, up, down, backward, and forward, it wont be long now before we will have the ability to get out of our aircraft with a "pilot body" and walk around those interesting cities in IL2 land the same way that can be done "NOW" with Active Camera pro for FS2004! How cool would that be!