PDA

View Full Version : IL2 FB Please help

marduk911
09-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Please help I had an issue where after I installed the game IL2 Forgotten Battles Gold Pack it could not read the disk I fixed that by replacing the rts.dll
Now the problem is that I can€t get the Curser to function at all so I can€t select any options
I tried the alt tab with no luck
Is there a conf.ini fix or some other fix that might work

PS I have tryed uninstalling the game many times

marduk911
09-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Please help I had an issue where after I installed the game IL2 Forgotten Battles Gold Pack it could not read the disk I fixed that by replacing the rts.dll
Now the problem is that I can€t get the Curser to function at all so I can€t select any options
I tried the alt tab with no luck
Is there a conf.ini fix or some other fix that might work

PS I have tryed uninstalling the game many times

Ritter_Cuda
09-07-2005, 08:20 AM
the curser locks up if you press any key while FB is booting up I have found that you hit the windows key. then move the mouse on a difernt page then hit the IL2 on the task bar and your will have il2 with a useable curser
Cuda(the other fish)

FoolTrottel
09-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Try and replace that RTS.dll once more, using the one on the FB CD #2.

I've seen the effect you mention after I put a wrong (Newer?) Rts.dll onto an older version of the game. Mouse just wouldn't move. Copying the file from the correct CD fixed it.

Good Luck!

Dew-Claw
09-07-2005, 12:10 PM
I get it all the time.
sometimes it takes the window key, others I have to use task manager (ctrl+alt+del) to switch tasks and get the curser back.

fluke39
09-07-2005, 01:41 PM
i get this problem but only when i am doing somthing else at the time (ie clicking on another window as FB opens up) i find that i have to either use the windows key or task manager to get back to desktop then select FB and it works again - however sometimes i may have to do this twice to get it to work properly

Kuna15
09-07-2005, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fluke39:
i get this problem but only when i am doing somthing else at the time (ie clicking on another window as FB opens up) i find that i have to either use the windows key or task manager to get back to desktop then select FB and it works again - however sometimes i may have to do this twice to get it to work properly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO correct. Sometimes if I click on FB icon to launch the game and then I click on something else my cursor is always locked in game...
The best way to unlock it is either ALT+TAB (especially if we have some other window on already to switch to, for example notepad document) or press windows key so FB window will minimize.

Either click on FB in taskbar or use ALT+TAB again, FB window will maximize again and cursor will be usable and the problem is solved.