PDA

View Full Version : help with hidden pistol sword combo

radical870
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Ok, I was using the feature where I hold square and I get to use the pistol while my sword is equipped. Loved it. But now, ezio just throws dirt when I hold attack. The throw knife feature with the dagger equipped still works but not with the pistol. I'm sick of throwing dirt. Can anyone help?

radical870
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Ok, I was using the feature where I hold square and I get to use the pistol while my sword is equipped. Loved it. But now, ezio just throws dirt when I hold attack. The throw knife feature with the dagger equipped still works but not with the pistol. I'm sick of throwing dirt. Can anyone help?

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Buy more ammo

radical870
01-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Probably should have mentioned I do have ammo. Any other suggestions?

E-Zekiel
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Maybe try swapping your sword? Were you disarmed at some point? Could be a bug related to that.

radical870
01-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Tried changing weapons, nothing. After a couple memory completions it returned to normal so I assume it was some kind of glitch. Seems like I'm one of the few. Thanks

GunsahBlazin
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, I play on the 360, so I don't know exactly what button you'd push, but if you hold open the inventory wheel, point it at the sword and select it, you can enable/disable the gun. Same with the throwing knives on your dagger.

GunnarGunderson
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
you need to have a good kill chain going before you can do it, not sure of the exact number or if that's your problem

Ultimate_Night
01-20-2011, 12:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
you need to have a good kill chain going before you can do it, not sure of the exact number or if that's your problem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A chain kill is not required. All you have to do is have ammo and hold down Square (PS3)

GunnarGunderson
01-20-2011, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
you need to have a good kill chain going before you can do it, not sure of the exact number or if that's your problem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A chain kill is not required. All you have to do is have ammo and hold down Square (PS3) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> He means when Ezio stabs and shoots another guy at the same time

MaskedReaper
01-20-2011, 06:47 PM
I know what he's means as to shoot someone while holding your sword.(Probably not heavy sword though haven't tried with this yet).
Lock on and face the guard and hold square button(PS3).

During execution streaks it works better to just hold the square button(PS3) and he will randomly shoot someone at a 'distance' if it's close range it would just be melee attack with sword.
But sometimes he stabs and shoots them in the back of the head and there falling to there knees.

I did the same with the short blades with throwing knives as you can throw knives during and execution streak if there at some guards that are distance from you and behind you.
Ezio slashes the guard and then holds him and then turns to throw a knife at a guard. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Practice in VT mode can help too.

bokeef04
01-20-2011, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
A chain kill is not required. All you have to do is have ammo and hold down Square (PS3) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> He means when Ezio stabs and shoots another guy at the same time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually what he meant wasn't the chain kill, it was firing the gun while the sword is equipped to kill a target long range e.g at a mounted guard or sentry without having to switch to the gun then back to the sword