PDA

View Full Version : Maps and modes.

gooch.
12-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows about any new modes that might come in patches or new maps for Terrorist hunt and Multiplayer? Or even a link to a site that has custom maps for the game.

gooch.
12-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows about any new modes that might come in patches or new maps for Terrorist hunt and Multiplayer? Or even a link to a site that has custom maps for the game.

A101Wayz
12-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I don't know of any extra maps or mods for the game as of yet. But, once the MapEditor/SDK is released, I'm quite sure the net will be flooded with maps and mods for the game. I know that I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the map editor....

Wayz Out.

SODsniper
12-26-2006, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A101Wayz:
I know that I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the map editor....

Wayz Out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patiently?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Yer a better one than I.. I am climbing the walls, hoping that the UED comes out soon! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----------------------
SODsniper www.specialopsdivision.com
Building A Better RavenShield Community......One Map At A Time....
http://www.punksbusted.com/psbsig/psbsig.php/sigsml2/3977.png
http://www.specialopsdivision.com/Sigs/s.gif (http://specialopsdivision.com/RVSadmin/)
**NOTE** Unless otherwise noted, any postings made should be considered as MY interpretation, opinion or "take" on issues being discussed.

st0lve
12-26-2006, 11:20 AM
As far as I know, no editors have been shipped with the game. So unless they release it, we won't be playing custom maps for a while.

xoops
12-27-2006, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A101Wayz:
But, once the MapEditor/SDK is released, I'm quite sure the net will be flooded with maps and mods for the game. I know that I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the map editor....
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry buddy!

There are at least two (2) good reasons for it to not happen:

1) Don't forget that this PC version exists only because there was a console version before and it was straightforward to port it from the Xbox 360. There won't be any significant time/money spend for the PC market anymore. PC customers will get something if and only if it applies to the much more lucrative console market before. Obviously, releases of editors and SDKs are not common place in the console market, so don't expect to get it for neglected UBI's PC market.

2) Regardless of reason number 1), the following reason number 2) is even more important for Ubi$uck$...

It's not anymore the interest of Ubi$uck$ to release any material that may contribute to extend the short life span of the game, out of UBI's own control and benefit. If you ever get new maps, it will be nothing but stock maps sold ($$$) by Ubi$uck$ in an expansion pack or some sort of R6 Vegas 2.

The era of map editors and SDKs is over! Ubi$uck$ wants you to be totally available to purchase ($$$) their next game as soon as possible.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SteveGT
12-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Don't forget that Vegas was done using the unreal3 engine. A single licence for unreal2 costs around $8000 (a little over ??4000 at present exchange rate). A version of unreal2 was release to public for map making but on the conditions it was not to be used for commertial purposes. We may see unreal3 released to public but I bet it won't be anytime soon. Perhaps we should nag the makers of unreal3 to release it. Who knows?

Pest_AWC
12-27-2006, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry buddy!

There are at least two (2) good reasons for it to not happen:

1) Don't forget that this PC version exists only because there was a console version before and it was straightforward to port it from the Xbox 360. There won't be any significant time/money spend for the PC market anymore. PC customers will get something if and only if it applies to the much more lucrative console market before. Obviously, releases of editors and SDKs are not common place in the console market, so don't expect to get it for neglected UBI's PC market.

2) Regardless of reason number 1), the following reason number 2) is even more important for Ubi$uck$...

It's not anymore the interest of Ubi$uck$ to release any material that may contribute to extend the short life span of the game, out of UBI's own control and benefit. If you ever get new maps, it will be nothing but stock maps sold ($$$) by Ubi$uck$ in an expansion pack or some sort of R6 Vegas 2.

The era of map editors and SDKs is over! Ubi$uck$ wants you to be totally available to purchase ($$$) their next game as soon as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to disagree, but

1) They released 2 patches in 2 weeks for the PC. We have no indication that they are not working on SADS for the PC. They have in game advertising and it is in their best interest for Vegas to be played on PC until the next R6 game.

2) Similar to points in part 1, it is in their best interest to have this game played to make money off in game ads. Releasing an editor may reduce some money from in game ads because of player made maps, but it will increase the longevity of the game until the next version or map pack and that has value. They released Iron Wrath for Ravenshield for free and didn't have to. They don't want people to leave the R6 series to play other companies games.

I don't mind bashing UBI for lack of communication, but there are some things they do right when it is in their best interests.

SODsniper
12-27-2006, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pest_AWC:
I don't mind bashing UBI for lack of communication, but there are some things they do right when it is in their best interests. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These days, lack of communication is about the ONLY thing that UBI is doing wrong..

Once the Forum stablizes, that also may change..

Here's hoping..<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----------------------
http://www.specialopsdivision.com/Sigs/s.gif (http://specialopsdivision.com/RVSadmin/)
**NOTE** Unless otherwise noted, any postings made should be considered as MY interpretation, opinion or "take" on issues being discussed.

Snake_1968
12-27-2006, 05:06 PM
I asked for this info before and I will ask for it again hear. Just where did all you people that think this game is going to have a Map editor get your info? I hear a lot of you saying just wait it will come if you know UBI you know it will not just come. I see some one brought up ads in game you think they are going to let you make your own maps that are not going to run ads. Right I can???t wait to see thins one. Still I want to see where UBI said they are going to give you a map editor. Until you can show me where they said they are going to do that it is not going to happen. So to all the people that say it is going to happen show me where UBI said this and I will go away until then I am going to say it is all just wish full thinking on your part.

Pest_AWC
12-27-2006, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So to all the people that say it is going to happen show me where UBI said this and I will go away until then I am going to say it is all just wish full thinking on your part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may not. But when other Unreal 3 based games are released with an editor it probably won't be difficult to make new Vegas maps or edit existing ones. People used the Unreal Editor that came with Ravenshield on many other unreal 2 based games because it was the easiest to use of all the Unreal 2 editors.

Snake_1968
12-27-2006, 07:38 PM
You say that any Unreal 3 based game can use the same editor well I don???t see how that can be as from what little I know. They can not when Unreal 2004 came out you could not use that editor for RVS you need the editor that they cam out with for it to work. Now I don???t know if the RVS editor worked for other games it might have but I don???t know. You still have not proven to me that UBI is going to come out with the editor for this game again you are just guessing. I see no proof of that happing again I say you are just hopping it happens. I love you people you keep saying it like it is going to happen. This is a port don???t for get that. I think you think just because it use the same game engine as say another game it is just going to work you don???t know what was left out for the Xbox 360 version of this game and as it is a PORT of a Xbox 360 game I would not guess that some thing can be done just because they used the engine for this game. Just remember what was said one time do not assume you could make an A$$ out of you and the rest that think it is going to happen. Like I said in other post you should just be happy if they fix the game.

SODsniper
12-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I have used MANY different versions of the Unreal Editor in my quest to convert maps to RVS..

I even used UED .99 that came with the old FPS "DEEP SPACE NINE:FORSAKEN" to make my SOD-DEEP SPACE NINE RavenShield map..

So, I know that it is possible to utilize other UED versions to convert maps to different UT ENGINE supported games.

And yes... I know what happens when one makes an assumption...

It makes an asss out of you and 'umption.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-----------------------

A101Wayz
12-27-2006, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snake_1968:
You still have not proven to me that UBI is going to come out with the editor for this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who are you again? And why do we need to prove anything?

I never said that the map editor WILL come out. I said that when (and IF - for those in the cheap seats) it comes out, the OP will see the various R6 dedicated sites flooded with new maps.

I for one am hoping that UBI does release a map editor.

Wayz Out.

Snake_1968
12-28-2006, 01:12 PM
A101Wayz you asked who I am I am no one. But my question still stands. All so like I said there is another post on hear about other editors not working for this game and they are Unreal 3 games so why keep pushing that this is going to happen with out UBI giving it to you. I do not see this happing. But you people are just going on and on like it is right around the corner. Like I said you people should be happy just to see them fix the major problems with this game. UBI is not going to invest time or money to add things that are not in the game right now. I would stop giving out false hope that this game is going to be some thing it is not. I hate to bring up Lock Down but that game need some fixes and they never came. So I would stop hopping for more than what is in there now I just trying to be real about the whole thing and not see people get there hops up just to be let down.

I am just sick of all the people running around saying this and that about the game like it is fact when it is not. I think there are a lot of people that would like to see a lot of thing added to this game or taken out and that is just not going to happen. But look you want to think it is you want to have some unreal expectations about this game then go on and keep guessing or making things up like I said UBI never said they where going to give out a Map editor but you all think for some reason it is going to happen and if not for this game it is going to come out for another and work for this one. Well I wish you all luck and hope all your dreams come true.

KungFu_CIA
12-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Snake_1968

The reason Lockdown did not receive any further patches is because it was a financial failure across every single platform it was released on, console and PC.

It makes no business sense to support a game that didn't even sell a million copies to my knowledge and who was killed by critics and gamers alike to the point no one would play it even if it were patched.

RE: The Unreal Editor for Vegas...

I have not heard anything official, but I would be very surprised if UBISoft did not release one because Rainbow Six is still one of their flagship titles across all the major platforms. They know they screwed up with Lockdown and now have to rectify it purely for stockholder and investor confidence alone.

This will supposedly include better post-sales support like patches (we've seen two already within 12 days of the game being out) and community made assets like maps and other modifications, IMO.

Snake_1968
12-28-2006, 02:23 PM
KungFu_CIA I under stand what you are saying I just have a hard time with that and I hate to bring up other games but look at the SC for the PC I know in the past that game has had good sails and it had big problems and we where told that it would be fixed and that game all of them had problems some where fixed but in the last 2 games there where problems that where not fixed well I can???t talk about the very last game they still might work on it. I under stand that Lock Down did not sell well but for the people that did pay good money for it should have been fixed better than it was. I can not let UBI off just because the game did not sell well. If it was a car and it did not sell well and it had problems and was never fix right would that be ok and I hate to use that as an example but you can sub what ever you want it just would not fly. I will stat this up front I did not pay for RSV I got it as a present. I am glad I did get it as a present and did not spend good money on this game and like I said be for I have not gotten the last 2 games from UBI because of the problems they have had and I would not have gotten this game if it was not a present.

I have to say the game is fun it is not what I would call Rainbow Six and I would not say go out and buy it. I would like to say I do hope they fix the things with it that need to be fixed but I not getting my hopes up that is going to happen or that they are going to come out with a map editor. I would ask you thins if this game does not sell well for the PC are we going to see the same thing that happened with Lock Down are they going to drop this game to. I just have a hard time with UBI and the way they have done things not trying to flam or make a stink about it. I just think every one old and new should know the past and not try to get every ones hops up that things are just going to happen when we get no word for UBI and even if we do it is little to none. I saw what they said about this game. Every thing that was in Xbox 306 was in this game if you wanted to know what it was like. I know they changed some things but for the most part it is the same I just find it hard they are going to go out of there way to now cater to the PC gamers and just drop us a map editor. Like I said I am just trying to keep it level and not get every ones hopes up I would hate to see this all come back and bite people. I am sorry if I came off brash or up set people. I just have a wait and see as of now. I will try to not post any more and keep my thoughts to me. Like I have said I hope every thing all the people want happens and things work out for the people that really like this game as I know how it feels to want some thing to work and be right. Snake out.