PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane operational use

JtD
09-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Hi, can someone give me a good source, book or website, where I can find information about the operational use of the Hawker Hurricane? I'm not looking for narrative, but for facts, like which squadron used which model in which role when and where. And that mostly mid and late war, as the early war part is pretty clear.

And, as a bonus, I'd like to know that not only for the Western Allies, but also for the VVS.

JtD
09-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Hi, can someone give me a good source, book or website, where I can find information about the operational use of the Hawker Hurricane? I'm not looking for narrative, but for facts, like which squadron used which model in which role when and where. And that mostly mid and late war, as the early war part is pretty clear.

And, as a bonus, I'd like to know that not only for the Western Allies, but also for the VVS.

Friendly_flyer
09-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Hurricane Aces 1939-40 and Hurricane aces 1941-45 from Osprey gives rather good detail on the use of Hurricane as a fighter, but lacks deta on the use as an attack plane.

JtD
09-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Ok, that one would have been obvious. Thanks, I'll be getting my hand on this.

Anything else?

Wildnoob
09-04-2010, 08:30 AM
The IL2 view object section has great informations on the VVS use of the plane.

FlatSpinMan
09-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Squadron Signal's HawkerHurricane might help. Want some info from it? PM me if you do.

JtD
09-04-2010, 10:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wildnoob:
The IL2 view object section has great informations on the VVS use of the plane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and that's all I know about that. So I'm looking for another source to confirm the statements and additional, more detailed information.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlatSpinMan:
Squadron Signal's HawkerHurricane might help. Want some info from it? PM me if you do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess it's worth buying, but if I can't get it, I'll get back to your offer. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KRISTORF
09-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Try 'Hurricanes over Malta', Hurricanes over Tobruk' and 'Hurricanes over Singapore', all give Squadrons, pilots, aircraft serials, contacts, names of downed pilots (both sides), aircraft destroyed, airfields etc.

Very, very good info sources, along with the 'Spitfires over....', both written by Brian Cull

Amazon sell them, just google them.

WskyStr8
09-05-2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.k5083.mistral.co.uk/main2.htm Should give you most of what your looking for.

JtD
09-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks to all, I guess I have more than enough to read regarding service with the Western Allies.

Only thing that might be left is a good account for the use within the VVS.