PDA

View Full Version : Maps

Kodiakk1962
09-20-2008, 07:37 AM
I want to get maps of Oahu and other areas in IL2, does anyone know how to get them out of the game. All the ones I find online are newer with road maps and such. Would like accurate copies of mission maps for reference during missions.

Kodiakk1962
09-20-2008, 07:37 AM
I want to get maps of Oahu and other areas in IL2, does anyone know how to get them out of the game. All the ones I find online are newer with road maps and such. Would like accurate copies of mission maps for reference during missions.

badatit
09-20-2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_maps.htm

LEXX_Luthor
09-20-2008, 02:18 PM
If you fly offline, you best make your own and print them out.

Most of the "maps" found online are flooded with large "easy to read" grid callout names for use during online play ... A5 or J7 or something.

You can turn OFF the rectangular grid lines in FMB, and hit PRINT SCREEN of the map and in some photopaint program make new images that can be printed out. I don't remember exactly the steps I did for this when I played the sim, but you may have to edit out the surrounding FMB user interface. In the photopaint program, just "select" the map area and copy that to a new image.

The result is a totally GRID FREE map that you place on your legg or desk next to computer. It really takes the immersion a level higher, having to look at the paper map instead of that on-screen thing.