PDA

View Full Version : Getting attacked

Volacious84
11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
From the videos I've noticed that Altair doesn't get attacked by more than one guy at the same time. He gets chased and surrounded but they only seem to attack him one at a time.

If that is the case, would you find it disappointing? I would.

Volacious84
11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
From the videos I've noticed that Altair doesn't get attacked by more than one guy at the same time. He gets chased and surrounded but they only seem to attack him one at a time.

If that is the case, would you find it disappointing? I would.

Tomero1992
11-10-2007, 04:43 PM
no its good for me because it would be a little messy so it is ok for me

Volacious84
11-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Makes the enemies a bit thick though, don't it?

MasterNeilson
11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Volacious84:

If that is the case, would you find it disappointing? I would. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you watched the 06 Demo show? Altair died in this vid, to prevent him from dying again, the difficulty was toned down to a beginner mode or something similar in most of the vids, meaning that things like guards attacking you at the same time would never happen, when the game finally gets released, there will be no modes of any sort because the AI will be so advanced, it can adapt to anything happening, expect the AI to attack you at the same time and to be more challenging and smarter.

P.S WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KlNDRED
11-10-2007, 04:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Volacious84:
Makes the enemies a bit thick though, don't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They attack more than one or from behind if you attack an enemy thats taunting you. or if you put your guard down. Now if you want them to constantly attack you many at the same time, chances are you would come back on this forum, make a thread and call it "This game is too hard and frustrating!"

MasterNeilson
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

BellumetPax
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I cant find the link but you can see in some videos people starting to attack all at once. Not sure where it is...DAMN! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

MrMoo333
11-10-2007, 04:52 PM
this has been posted befor, and they will come at you more then one at a ttime rarely, but in battle, would you slash a sword at Altair while your freind is right next to him fighting him? would you risk slashing his arm off in the process? or would you all lung at once giving him the perfect chance to just run past you?

eWaster
11-10-2007, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MasterNeilson:

If that is the case, would you find it disappointing? I would. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you watched the 06 Demo show? Altair died in this vid, to prevent him from dying again, the difficulty was toned down to a beginner mode or something similar in most of the vids, meaning that things like guards attacking you at the same time would never happen, when the game finally gets released, expect the AI to attack you at the same time and to be more challenging and smarter.

P.S WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That, you know absolutely nothing about... and dont count on neither a difficulty setting nor smarter AI though it have advanced from E3 06.

IHS_Spitfire
11-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Would make the game a bit complicated.

Volacious84
11-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Well, I hope you're right. I'm just pointing out what I've witnessed and what I would find concerning.

KlNDRED
11-10-2007, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrMoo333:
in battle, would you slash a sword at Altair while your freind is right next to him fighting him? would you risk slashing his arm off in the process? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well assuming that in the old ages guards werent ******ed and had studied sword fighting for a long time, I'm sure part of that training was fighting as a unit....or else they must've lost a **** load of wars lol

MasterNeilson
11-10-2007, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuMbAzZ-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MasterNeilson:

Have you watched the 06 Demo show? Altair died in this vid, to prevent him from dying again, the difficulty was toned down to a beginner mode or something similar in most of the vids, meaning that things like guards attacking you at the same time would never happen, when the game finally gets released, there will be no modes of any sort because the AI will be so advanced, it can adapt to anything happening, expect the AI to attack you at the same time and to be more challenging and smarter.

P.S WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That, you know absolutely nothing about... and dont count on neither a difficulty setting nor smarter AI though it have advanced from E3 06. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you were'nt so impatient and waited a while you would see that i was still editing it and was'nt finished with that post. I have explained about there being no difficulty and the advanced AI adapting in real time now that i have finished it, so your post was a complete waste of time.

I noticed you also said "dont count on neither a difficulty setting nor smarter AI"

WTF?! Don't count on smarter AI?! It appears you know absolutely nothing about AC's AI after all, again resulting in a completely wasted post.

I could'nt care less who was right and or was wrong anyway, i was posting how i think the AI will be like in the final build, and the only reason i used the 06 demo is because as far as i'm aware Altair dies when taking only a few hits, meaning on the other demos it's probably on some sort of God mode, or a toned down difficulty otherwise how else would he be able to take so many hits?

Also in one of the vids Jade Raymond mentioned that Altair can not take a lot of hits to the body, not even one if striked to the head, so it raises that question again....

How else would he be able to take so many hits?, the only real answer i can find to that question is that the demos must be on some sort of toned down difficulty or on a god mode to prevent Altair from dying, and if that was not the case, then the final build would'nt be so very challenging would it?, so i think i'm gonna go with the theory of it being on a easier difficulty or God mode, SINCE I LIKE THIS GAME SO MUCH.

MeAltairLol
11-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Haha, I love your signature, IHS_Spitfire!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Dunksta
11-10-2007, 05:29 PM
If you want to know what the ai is like i'd suggest to play the pop series, for they look very similar in style. Like when you hold the block button no one can hurt you at all only by certain guards such as archers or somewhat. If assassins creed turns out to be the same fighting system as prince of persia i wouldn't be unsatisfied.

P_Gryffin101
11-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Nice Master, you pwned that dumbazz, lmao.

sweetlou280
11-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I love rookie forumers who don't watch any gameplay or interviews before posting! The new videos on gamespot.com shows altair getting attacked by alot of guys.

MasterNeilson
11-10-2007, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P_Gryffin101:
Nice Master, you pwned that dumbazz, lmao. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I've added a little more to that post to back up my theory, take a look at the one i posted before this post and tell me what you think.

nakv
11-10-2007, 07:26 PM
I really hope they don't have a difficulty setting. It doesn't seem like a good fit for a game that includes combat, stealth, and platforming.

P.S WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember the X06 demo. it think they planned for him to die there. It looks fun either way though.

Strikefromabove
11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Even though it seems correct, dont you think it would be a tiny bit hard for altair to block 6 or 7 swords at the same time?

nakv
11-10-2007, 07:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sweetlou280:
I love rookie forumers who don't watch any gameplay or interviews before posting! The new videos on gamespot.com shows altair getting attacked by alot of guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It still looks like they take turns to me, but they're attacking more frequently so it's a LOT less noticeable. It looks like it works really well so I'm happy. I don't think Altair would be able to handle it if they were smart and stabbed him at the same time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

webswinger93
11-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Video (http://www.gamespot.com/video/930278/6182688/assassins-creed-game-guide-3)

Look at 1:22...
IMO the combat AI doesn't look so great.

JACKREAPER564
11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
dude they attack simultaneosly like some guard attacks altair then in 0.10 seconds another guard attacks altair

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gifTHE REAPER IS BACK http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

lukenichols
11-11-2007, 07:04 AM
its because if you kill a few of the guys they start getting scared of attacking you, remember its their life at stake if its meant to be realistic so if they know your tough they will limit how they attack

lostassassin123
11-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Am I dissapointed?A bit...
Yeah, it would be cool for them to strike you at once, but who knows, maybe it would kill the balance....
Have You played PoP?
It was annoying, when 3 monsters attack You at once and You die.....
So I need to play first, then judge...

yehonatan.roth
11-11-2007, 09:57 AM
they had did it the outher way... the game was to hard in the hard level's, Changed it, end of story...

Seems logical to me...

Kaxen6
11-11-2007, 10:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukenichols:
its because if you kill a few of the guys they start getting scared of attacking you, remember its their life at stake if its meant to be realistic so if they know your tough they will limit how they attack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. The guards need to worry about their own well-being in addition to trying to kill Altair.

But if they think they have the advantage, they'll attack a little more. Me being stupid enough to stand in the middle of a bunch of guards on my horse fighting relatively ineffectively = a lot of hits.

&gt;_&gt; I dunno if this is any assurance, but I think it is more fun to play than watch the fighting. It's really good.