PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Need Travel Insurance Advice....

drsmith
10-30-2005, 06:37 AM
I have a planned vacation trip to the Florida Keys and have bought airline tickets and have hotel reservations. My daughter's husband has terminal cancer and his condition took a turn for the worse just two days after I made these reservations.

Does anyone know where or how I can purchase travel insurance to cover these expenses should I have to cancel the trip? Any advice will be appreciated.

drsmith
10-30-2005, 06:37 AM
I have a planned vacation trip to the Florida Keys and have bought airline tickets and have hotel reservations. My daughter's husband has terminal cancer and his condition took a turn for the worse just two days after I made these reservations.

Does anyone know where or how I can purchase travel insurance to cover these expenses should I have to cancel the trip? Any advice will be appreciated.

Dunkelgrun
10-30-2005, 06:44 AM
Curious place to ask http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, but if US travel insurance is anything like the UK then you might find them asking some serious questions about your daughter's husband's current condition.
Hope that you get it sorted though.

Cheers!

FlatSpinMan
10-30-2005, 07:55 AM
Is it for just you or your son-in-law? If it's for you, it should be easy enough to get it from a travel agency I would have thought.
Best wishes to your family, by the way.

drsmith
10-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Sorry I was't clear. The insurance would be for me and my wife in case we need to cancel the flight and hotel reservations, so as not to lose that money that has been charged to my American Express card.

9th_Spitin
10-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Have you checked with your AMEX card? They may offer something like that for cardholders.

Zeus-cat
10-30-2005, 08:48 AM
You may have needed to buy it at the time you made reservations. Buying it after the fact would be suspicious.

You should call the hotel and airline and explain the situation. They may be nice and cancel the reservations or let you push out the dates into the future. The sooner you contact them the better I would think.

Zeus-cat

drsmith
10-30-2005, 09:43 AM
Thanks, Guys....I found the trip cancellation insurance I need through AAA.