PDA

View Full Version : So. Will it play on a notebook/laptop/portable?

St.Pauls
03-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Look, I know that somebody has to have asked this already, but I searched this forum under "portable", "notebook" and "laptop" and didn't find any hits, so I'll ask it (again?). The System Requirements posted in "store.ubi.com" lists the supported ATI and Nvidia cards and then casually adds: "Laptop models of these cards not supported." Well, some monster laptops have desktop CPUs, but I don't know of any laptop of any size with a desktop video card. So, does the language mean what it pretty much says, that the game will not run on any laptop/notebook/portable?

I've got a Toshiba Satellite that otherwise meets the minimum requirements, with a 64Mb Nvidia4 Go 460 video chipset. My question, to be honest, may be academic, because my notebook also has a DVD/RW drive and I'm getting more and more disinclined to let the Starforce be with me.

stevenwhiting
03-15-2005, 09:45 AM
It might run but I'm not sure 'cause I think that Graphics card my be pants. You play any other recent games on it?

The search engine here is seriously pants.

St.Pauls
03-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Lots of fairly recent simulation and strategy games play OK on my Toshiba Satellite - not brilliantly, but OK - including Ubi's own IL-2 Sturmovik and its follow-ups.

pants: Noun/Adj. Nonsense, rubbish, bad. From the standard British English of pants, meaning underwear; also a variation on 'knickers'. E.g."The first half was pants but I stayed until the end and it was actually a great film." [1990s]

erikkai66
03-15-2005, 01:00 PM
It may work better with 1GB of memory.