PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 and Kinect

IgniterRC
06-12-2011, 10:24 PM
It was announced at the Ubi press conference that all future Tom Clancy games will have Kinect support so it's not far fetched that they will integrate Kinect support in FC3. If they do, what do you think they will do or what would you like to see if you use Kinect?

I don't have any ideas on SP or MP, but Kinect on the map editor might actually be useful. Being able to navigate through menus with voice commands would speed up the process. Want to place a tree on the map simply say Objects/trees/forest/tree name - set. Then use your hands to drag and drop to where you want to place the brush.
Some terrain work could be done by gestures. Use you finger to cut a river or draw a road. It would be interesting to see how detailed you could do terrain work with your hands vs a controller. And being able to give your hands a rest from using a controller would really be nice.
So what else could be done in the editor and would people be interested in using Kinect in the editor?

IgniterRC
06-12-2011, 10:24 PM
It was announced at the Ubi press conference that all future Tom Clancy games will have Kinect support so it's not far fetched that they will integrate Kinect support in FC3. If they do, what do you think they will do or what would you like to see if you use Kinect?

I don't have any ideas on SP or MP, but Kinect on the map editor might actually be useful. Being able to navigate through menus with voice commands would speed up the process. Want to place a tree on the map simply say Objects/trees/forest/tree name - set. Then use your hands to drag and drop to where you want to place the brush.
Some terrain work could be done by gestures. Use you finger to cut a river or draw a road. It would be interesting to see how detailed you could do terrain work with your hands vs a controller. And being able to give your hands a rest from using a controller would really be nice.
So what else could be done in the editor and would people be interested in using Kinect in the editor?

k4Anarky2011
06-13-2011, 01:59 AM
why would anyone do that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Ironic you should bring this up Igniter, Wootkins and I were just discussing this same subject the other day about using Kinect in the editor and how it might make map making less frustrating and faster. I think it would be one of the ONLY reasons that I would consider purchasing Kinect at this time.

I think it would make terrain editing better, almost like building a sand castle with your hands in a way. Also brush rotations might be easier and more precise if you could turn objects with hand motions instead of holding a thumbstick. And I would think voice commands would come in handy as well. We'll have to chat more about this online. I'll catch you this week sometime. LOL, I can only imagine what Anderson is gonna think of this subject! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

SICK

Fallen-Champ
06-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I have never seen Kinect working (except online video) and I only know one person at work who has it.

I am more of an old school gamer and don't even have any interest in 3D Gaming, Kinect to me is like in the film Lawnmower Man.

I can see how some would embrace it but I would rather go for mouse movement like PC over Kinect (maybe if it ever happened & I tried it then my attitude might change)