04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
P4-2.8 HT
1g DDR400 PC3200
GForce FX5700 128m
SBLive! 5.1
DVD-CD-RW Combo
Plenty of HDD space.
SH3 Retail + US Patch 1.2

Greets guys. Hope someone can enlighten me on this one.

I've what seem to be a loading problem. I get the Ubisoft intro, then the actual game intro, then the SilentHunter III loading bar, which goes up halfway, then the game just shoots me down to Desktop. This started happening yesterday, and I have been playing the game since last Sunday, which means a good 4 days.

Any ideas what might cause this? Desperate to play it again :P

Thanks a bunch.

AnkleBitten-2k5
04-08-2005, 05:09 PM
I might as well add that I tried running a repair on the installation, hoping to fix it (didn't) and also uninstalled/re-installed (still no avail).

Lovo_Kasistan
04-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Have you also tried to remove your savegame folder?

AnkleBitten-2k5
04-08-2005, 05:26 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Nope. I want my save game! lol
I finally got a decent career going.
*looking at locating and renaming folder*

I would assume that I would find those in the Campaign folder, which is now empty. Giving it a try now.

AnkleBitten-2k5
04-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Nopes. Was worth a shot though I guess.

mickalos
04-08-2005, 07:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> SH3 Retail + US Patch 1.2 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You have the "US DVD Patch 1.2" and not the "US Download Patch"?

Or could you have some spyware causing wierd and wonderful happenings?

AnkleBitten-2k5
04-08-2005, 10:36 PM
I do have the US-DVD Patch 1.2, and I check my computer every second day for spyware, not being the only one that uses it. Last I checked (yesterday), was the same as 3 days ago, and no spyware that it could detect.

After messing around with it a lot more, a good hour or so, I came to the conclusion that I'd do a complete uninstall, including save games, and reinstall.

Fresh install, not patched, worked fine.
Patched install, worked fine.

I simply don't get this. But hey, it's working again. Thanks anyway guys.

U-49
04-08-2005, 10:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AnkleBitten-2k5:
I simply don't get this. But hey, it's working again. Thanks anyway guys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>In the end, that's all that matters. Grats! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif