PDA

View Full Version : Day Of Remembrance

Breeze147
06-06-2006, 12:51 PM
June 6. Thanks to ALL of the vets of WWII.

Breeze147
06-06-2006, 12:51 PM
June 6. Thanks to ALL of the vets of WWII.

BrewsterPilot
06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Even me, the UberIgnoramus knows what happened this day 62 years ago.

D-Day.

Blood_Splat
06-06-2006, 01:01 PM
S! to our vets.

I still think the bloodiest part of WWII were the battles fought on the Eastern front.

x6BL_Brando
06-06-2006, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">still think the bloodiest part of WWII were the battles fought on the Eastern front. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In terms of numbers and sheer barbarity, yes I guess so... but I'll not forget my Dad saying about the two guys either side of him - his best mates - who were shot dead by machine-gun fire as the LC ramp went down on Sword beach http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Dead's dead - and geography & statistics don't make a lot of difference to them.

B.

BRASSTURTLE
06-06-2006, 03:45 PM
HATS OFF TO ALL WHO SERVED!! AND MANY, MANY THANKS!!

We had a small ceremony here today at the LST325.
They awarded some very overdue medals to one local.
Floyd Whicker, B Company, 2nd Ranger Btn was wounded on Omaha beach. Today he received his Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart and several other medals.

badaboom.1
06-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Everytime I see film clips,images of that day.....I can't even imagine the hell those brave men faced when they hit that beach.
Salute!!!

Bearcat99
06-06-2006, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blood_Splat:
S! to our vets.
I still think the bloodiest part of WWII were the battles fought on the Eastern front. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For once.. just once I would love to see a thread like this one opened up and posted in but with out the yabutts and butwhattabouts..... just one time on these boards.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Having just come from the WWII weekend I spoke to several WWII vets... in fact I spoke to one Marvin Perrett of the U.S. Coast Gaurd who drove a LST on June 6...

leitmotiv
06-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks to all the Yanks, Brits, Poles, French, and all the Allied Forces who landed in France that day to end a nightmare.

Zeus-cat
06-06-2006, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For once.. just once I would love to see a thread like this one opened up and posted in but with out the yabutts and butwhattabouts..... just one time on these boards.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree Bearcat. Even once would be nice.

S! to all of those vets who landed on D-Day.

VF-51-Dart
06-06-2006, 05:48 PM
S! to them all indeed. Agreed Bearcat.

Low_Flyer_MkVb
06-06-2006, 05:50 PM
~S!~

R_Target
06-06-2006, 06:22 PM
S! Indeed.

danjama
06-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Deepest respect is all i know how to have for them. RIP. The survivors have their gift, thankfully!

StG2_Schlachter
06-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Sincere gratitude and respect to those, who chose to take part in this endeavour to free the greater parts of Europe from Nazi opression and a sinister future.

My condolences to everyone who lost a familiy member in this conflict.

RIP and S!

wayno7777
06-06-2006, 07:59 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif~S~Many Thanks!

SkyChimp
06-06-2006, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrewsterPilot:
Even me, the UberIgnoramus knows what happened this day 62 years ago.

D-Day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Battle of Midway, 64 years ago.

knightflyte
06-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Son of a B!TCH! Thanks for the reminder. I can't believe I forgot today was the D Day anniversary. (Feel like serious ***hat now)

To the ever shrinking numbers of WW2 veterans that served in the freeing of man from tyrany and evil.... I thank you.

Your service and sacrifice has allowed me and countless millions to have hope for our own future, and our own dreams.

THANK YOU.

Mr. Cherbuy..... you are a hero in my book!!!!!