PDA

View Full Version : Vista and IL2

VMF-Blaze_UG
08-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I've had Vista instaled in my new system now for about four months... I haven't actually been playing that many Flight sims recently because of two reasons... (1) There has been very few new releases with the excetion of '46 and FSX...
(2) I've been flying all available flight sims and I'm just board with them... So I haven't actually flown the F/A/P set up in a while so I began to install it into my new system running in SLI...

Things went well and I had no problems until I installed the patch for Pacfic Fighters... This is where everything went down hill.. For some reason PF wouldn't open after I installed the patch... So I had to unistall everything and start over again..
Well now I'm really stuck, I can only install FB.. When I try to install ACE I get an error message that says FB wasn't found ...
I've tried uninstaleing eveything includeing the File and rebooting and installing over again, this didn't work.. I even went into the registry and deleted the software from there and tried to reinstall, and this didn't work.. I read that there need's to be a new string entered in the registry with a value of Language and an english modifier...
If this isn't present setup considered the copy to be pirated..
Since this is Vista the registery is set up slightly different and I'm not sure how add this value..
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how was this resolved..

~S~

Blaze

VMF-Blaze_UG
08-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I've had Vista instaled in my new system now for about four months... I haven't actually been playing that many Flight sims recently because of two reasons... (1) There has been very few new releases with the excetion of '46 and FSX...
(2) I've been flying all available flight sims and I'm just board with them... So I haven't actually flown the F/A/P set up in a while so I began to install it into my new system running in SLI...

Things went well and I had no problems until I installed the patch for Pacfic Fighters... This is where everything went down hill.. For some reason PF wouldn't open after I installed the patch... So I had to unistall everything and start over again..
Well now I'm really stuck, I can only install FB.. When I try to install ACE I get an error message that says FB wasn't found ...
I've tried uninstaleing eveything includeing the File and rebooting and installing over again, this didn't work.. I even went into the registry and deleted the software from there and tried to reinstall, and this didn't work.. I read that there need's to be a new string entered in the registry with a value of Language and an english modifier...
If this isn't present setup considered the copy to be pirated..
Since this is Vista the registery is set up slightly different and I'm not sure how add this value..
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how was this resolved..

~S~

Blaze

Urufu_Shinjiro
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Why are you installing FB\AEP\PF if you have '46?

VMF-Blaze_UG
08-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I didn't mean to mislead you.. I don't have '46...

Urufu_Shinjiro
08-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Ah, well in that case you may want to post this question in the community help forum, there are many smart m8's there that can help solve your problem. I've seen this come up before, just don't remember the answer.

Also, '46 is pretty cheap now, you may want to go ahead and get it so you can have all the goodies and fly online as well (most have switched and it's hard to find a server that's not running 4.08).

Skycat_2
08-27-2007, 10:39 PM
I can confirm that 1946 works with Vista. Just don't let the game install to the 'Program Files' folder like it wants to by default. See my 'Updating 1946' thread linked in my sig.

As for your current discs, first make sure that your registry is cleared of FB, AEP and PF before attempting to reinstall. Then try installing the game outside of Vista's 'Program Files' folder.

Skycat_2
08-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Ahhh, I just read the second part of your initial post where you said you cleared your registry. Sorry, I don't know anything about string values.