PDA

View Full Version : A new way to go bridge busting.

Freiwillige
12-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Torpedo it! I was doing a quick mission builder with the Fw-190 A5U-14 torpedo plane from AAA. But I forgott to switch the map from smolensk. So to my suprise when the mission loaded there was no ocean, No enemy vessals nothing but solid land and a few rivers. So I thought what the heck, Ill just torpedo a bridge while im here. Great fun dropping torps down the skinny lil' river and watching bridges go boom!

Freiwillige
12-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Torpedo it! I was doing a quick mission builder with the Fw-190 A5U-14 torpedo plane from AAA. But I forgott to switch the map from smolensk. So to my suprise when the mission loaded there was no ocean, No enemy vessals nothing but solid land and a few rivers. So I thought what the heck, Ill just torpedo a bridge while im here. Great fun dropping torps down the skinny lil' river and watching bridges go boom!

na85
12-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Do you have to hit the supports? That's an awfully small target http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Freiwillige
12-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Well I only tried it on the wooden bridge's that have a ton of supports so you cant miss. Ill have to test on other bridges.

Choctaw111
12-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Don't get caught saying where you got that torpedo plane from. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-19-2008, 09:24 AM
He can say where he got it, as long as there is no link or URL.

Aaron_GT
12-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Online before now I've loaded up with a torpedo to hit the enemy ships in a DF server to find out they've all been sunk and used the torpedo as a standard bomb. The torpedo works perfectly well as an iron bomb provided you remember that even if you have bomb detonation delay set it does not apply to a torpedo and you fly at a suitable altitude for dropping a 2000lb bomb with no delay.

Divine-Wind
12-19-2008, 11:34 AM
I wonder, would a torpedo function as a conventional bomb in real life? I don't know the ins and outs of it, but for some reason I just can't think of it that way, lol

general_kalle
12-19-2008, 12:10 PM
if you could somehow make sure that the tip of the torpedo would hit the dry land target you could maybe make it go off...but i think you have to really put it on the tip, say divebomb with it.
most torpedo's were Impakt and/or Magnetic.

i wonder if torpedo's really had 1000kg's of explosive in them...

Duckmeister
12-19-2008, 05:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
He can say where he got it, as long as there is no link or URL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, you can't just go and google AAA?

Aaron_GT
12-19-2008, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i wonder if torpedo's really had 1000kg's of explosive in them... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1000kg bombs don't either. The blast (to a first approximation) seems to be about the same as a 1000kg bomb.

JSG72
12-19-2008, 07:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i wonder if torpedo's really had 1000kg's of explosive in them... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1000kg bombs don't either. The blast (to a first approximation) seems to be about the same as a 1000kg bomb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sooo.. Golly jeepers? What is. going on?

Why didn't the opposing forces use torpedoes to attack bridges?

Jeez Oh! Remagen. Might have been a different scenario?