PDA

View Full Version : F4U-1 and Corsair MkI

MAILMAN------
03-19-2005, 07:44 AM
I don't know why the F4U-1 (bird cage canopy) was not included in the US stable of planes in its own skins folder especially since this is Pacific Fighters. They were at Guadalcanal in February 1943 and were the first Corsairs in combat as land based fighter with USMC.

Instead it has been placed exclusively into the Corsair MkI skins folder with skins for Australlia, Britain and New Zealand.

I downloaded a correct skin made by Zargo for the F4U-1 (same guy who made the Corsair MkI skins included in the retail version) which has the correct back ground color and white star size for the county insignia for this plane. The problem is that if I select USMC as the air force a funky US insignia is placed on top of the correct insignia (duplicate insignias) on the aircraft skin.

Other than selecting no markings, any way to get around the bad insignia being placed on the aircraft?

MAILMAN------
03-19-2005, 07:44 AM
I don't know why the F4U-1 (bird cage canopy) was not included in the US stable of planes in its own skins folder especially since this is Pacific Fighters. They were at Guadalcanal in February 1943 and were the first Corsairs in combat as land based fighter with USMC.

Instead it has been placed exclusively into the Corsair MkI skins folder with skins for Australlia, Britain and New Zealand.

I downloaded a correct skin made by Zargo for the F4U-1 (same guy who made the Corsair MkI skins included in the retail version) which has the correct back ground color and white star size for the county insignia for this plane. The problem is that if I select USMC as the air force a funky US insignia is placed on top of the correct insignia (duplicate insignias) on the aircraft skin.

Other than selecting no markings, any way to get around the bad insignia being placed on the aircraft?