PDA

View Full Version : Finding Downloads

jeffmorgan_947
12-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Hi All. I know i'm not the brightest when it comes to inserting downloads[ missions] into the game[46 or FB]I have managed to work out inserting skins now, but missions is another matter. I follow the the prompts, eg 41-42 channel spitfire. missions/campaign/GB, I have placed this in the GB folder[i can see it there] the missions are based on 303 polish sqd flying spits,I open up the game ,but cannot find it in either RAF pilot career or single missions???? . This all very frustating when all these great addons are available and they cant be found. Help. Cheers. JM.
Mission4today.com 1941/42 Spitfire over Channel
submitted by....Joppe

jeffmorgan_947
12-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Hi All. I know i'm not the brightest when it comes to inserting downloads[ missions] into the game[46 or FB]I have managed to work out inserting skins now, but missions is another matter. I follow the the prompts, eg 41-42 channel spitfire. missions/campaign/GB, I have placed this in the GB folder[i can see it there] the missions are based on 303 polish sqd flying spits,I open up the game ,but cannot find it in either RAF pilot career or single missions???? . This all very frustating when all these great addons are available and they cant be found. Help. Cheers. JM.
Mission4today.com 1941/42 Spitfire over Channel
submitted by....Joppe

il2battle
12-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Hey.

This is my way to do it. It may not the easies way, but it works everytime.

1-First unzip the zip in default folder.
2-Now open the folder you get from the zip and read the readme file, which tell you where to put your campaign, which country.
3-Go through the folders as long as you find the folder, which had .mis and .properties files in it. This is the folder you looking for.
4-Go one step back and click and copy or cut the folder (which had these .mis & .properties files).
5-Now go to your OWN IL2 folder and go through the folders "missions/campaign/*countrys*". Now mostly readme file has told you, which country you should select. Open that country folder and paste the folder you have copy/cut in there. Now you find this campaign under this country in game.
6-That's it.

Next copy/cut skins and everything else you want/need to install to their folders.

I test this with the campaign you have and it was under the RAF, but it name was "Channel 41/42 Spitfire", not 41_42_Channel_Spitfire, what is the name of the folder you should had under your GB folder.

One more time, simple way with this campaign...
Copy the folder named as "41_42_Channel_Spitfire" under the GB folder in your IL2 game.
Start the game and start new pilot career. Select RAF and find the campaign named as "Channel 41/42 Spitfire". This was second in my RAF career list. Well I only have 47 + now this under the RAF, so it wasn't hard to find.

Maybe you looking for different kind of name of the campaign.

Anyway hope this helps.

jeffmorgan_947
12-25-2009, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the help..........JM.

jeffmorgan_947
12-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Again thanks IL2battle,carried out you instructions and "Channel Spitfire is now loaded, I found that i did not need to cut and paste [Vista]i just found the folder which contained Mis and properties files and back one step to GB file,selected and extracted to GB in IL2/FB.
I shall do the same with regards the skins. Cheers