PDA

View Full Version : Installed drivers for X-45 from website but game won't recognize the controller

sledgehammer2
01-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I think I have seen this mentioned before, but I am trying to get this X-45 up and programmed and not having much luck. I installed the latest SST drivers from their site and when I check it from Device Manager it says everything is ok, but when I start the sim the controllers are not responding. I won't even go into what a ***** this thing is ti program. Thanks for any help.

Blackdog5555
01-12-2005, 12:03 AM
This game doesnt work well with direct x buttons on the x45. I use a x45 sometimes. I use dhauzimmers driver because i find them more stable than SST in xp. U can find a lot of info if you google "dhauzimmer" there are AEP/PF profiles on site. I cant help u more because i havent used SST for a long time

sledgehammer2
01-12-2005, 03:47 AM
I would really rather stick with SST... I have read that Dhauzimmers drivers require alot of re-programming and reconfiguring. I would rather just stick with SST since that appears to be more common. I may be wrong on that, but if I could get some help on the SST stuff I would surely appreciate it.

Tully__
01-12-2005, 04:46 AM
The game defaults to Windows ID#1 controller for primary flight controls. If you have two controllers installed it's quite likely your X-45 is ID#2 (second on the list). Check the "Joysticks..." link under my signature picture for an article on installing and setting up controllers for the IL2 series of games. There's a section near the end of the article regarding dealing with more than one controller and a section about half way down that deals with assiging axis and button controls within the game.

sledgehammer2
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Tully, you are correct - the game is seeing the X-45 as ID2. I keep referring to your article but I can't seem to figure this out. I guess I am just too **** stupid. I went into the config file and tried to redo the numbers - for the ID2 they were all 100s. After I assigned the numbers you recommended nothing has changed. When I go into the Control setup screen in the game on the box that is supposed to show joystick movement all I see is a green box and it won't move. Can you please take another crack at helping me?

T_O_A_D
01-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Ok so you have a thick sckull a sledghammer can't fix. Well me too! hehehehe try this Link (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=2611006262&r=1191048262#1191048262) link and see if it helps your understanding.

sledgehammer2
01-12-2005, 07:30 PM
T O A D,

thanks for the reply but I am not sure this helps. I have already tried setting the numbers in the Conf. file like Tully said in his article. But when I look at the control setup screen in the game on the sreen with the sliders the green box will not move at all.

steve_v
01-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Forget the control screen as it relates to ID1 and is distracting you from what is important. Keep reading Tully's article until it sinks in. If you've made the changes to the conf suggested in the article, fly a QMB and see what happens. Also, I locked your thread in tech to prevent confusion caused by multiple posts.

sledgehammer2
01-12-2005, 08:03 PM
OK Steve V, after I made my last post I went ahead and tried a QMB. To my surprise everything appeared to work. You are correct in that I was getting distracted by the screen in the set up of the game. When I saw no movement from the green box I was assuming that the stick was dead. Even though it seems to work do I need to change something?

Heavy_Weather
01-13-2005, 06:41 AM
when you were installing the drivers, did you unplug the controllers before doing so?

steve_v
01-13-2005, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sledgehammer2:
Even though it seems to work do I need to change something? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I also have an x45 as ID2 with pedals as ID1. (Thank you M$.) Understanding which lines in the conf correspond to each axis is all you need to know to get the "stick feel" you like.

Lav69
01-13-2005, 03:34 PM
When in game and in input setup if you have 2 devices hooked up the clibration boxes wont move. When in the config your stick settings will be 1X1 and 1Y1. Change them to what you like then close config and hit yes when it asks you if you want to save changes.