PDA

View Full Version : OT: Visiting UK/France ... places to see ?

Esquire_1
08-02-2006, 03:11 AM
Hi all,

Long time lurker but infrequent poster. I've been playing IL2 offline since 2002ish and have the upgrades to PF ... but havent had a game in ONE YEAR (gritting teeth)!!!! due to study and family commitments.

BUT ... I've finally finished my study and am visiting the UK and France from mid August till mid September. Gunna be hanging around Kent/Sussex then off to Normandy and Paris.

So, has anybody got any special places that you know of that I should visit ? ... especially round Normandy and Paris .. (I've been to the UK before)...any suggestions would be much appreciated.

(please don't mention the 60th Anniversary of the Spitfire at Duxford on the 3rd ... (sniff) ... wedding in Paris then (not mine!))

Cheers

Esq.

Esquire_1
08-02-2006, 03:11 AM
Hi all,

Long time lurker but infrequent poster. I've been playing IL2 offline since 2002ish and have the upgrades to PF ... but havent had a game in ONE YEAR (gritting teeth)!!!! due to study and family commitments.

BUT ... I've finally finished my study and am visiting the UK and France from mid August till mid September. Gunna be hanging around Kent/Sussex then off to Normandy and Paris.

So, has anybody got any special places that you know of that I should visit ? ... especially round Normandy and Paris .. (I've been to the UK before)...any suggestions would be much appreciated.

(please don't mention the 60th Anniversary of the Spitfire at Duxford on the 3rd ... (sniff) ... wedding in Paris then (not mine!))

Cheers

Esq.

Lowenherz
08-02-2006, 03:40 AM
*cough*

Hendon (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691074864)

North London, and it's free entry!

WOLFMondo
08-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Harveys brewery in Lewes, East Sussex.

PBNA-Boosher
08-02-2006, 06:24 AM
howabout all them old airbases? the Air museums? Tower of London?