PDA

View Full Version : Multiple characters

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm a bit decieved by what the multiplayer idea behind the new game; I think they could have found a few much better concepts.
For instance, is thrid echelon going to always just have -one- agent? I think it would have been a lot more fun if they'd added one, or two, or even three new agents to the team, and you could either play single player with each of them, or play multiplayer with each of them on special multiplayer missions. This "Shadownet" (or whatever it's called, I'm not anal enough to look it up) idea just seems too abstract to me considering the nature of the game. I'd think it would be a lot more interesting to have different characters, who have different moves and tricks, and going through the game as each different character, and solving problems in different ways. It just seems like it would be so much more interesting to me...

If they really wanted to stick their neck out, they could make people like Lambert and Grim players, where one person is the field operative, one decides what they do, one gathers information, etc. and all the players have to cooperate in different ways. But then I suppose everyone would want to be Sam, and no one would want to be the person stuck with the office job. Still, that would be interesting to say the least.

anyways, that's just what I think. I'm really intregued by the idea of a multiplayer espionage game, but I think they could have pulled off the concept more successfully.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm a bit decieved by what the multiplayer idea behind the new game; I think they could have found a few much better concepts.
For instance, is thrid echelon going to always just have -one- agent? I think it would have been a lot more fun if they'd added one, or two, or even three new agents to the team, and you could either play single player with each of them, or play multiplayer with each of them on special multiplayer missions. This "Shadownet" (or whatever it's called, I'm not anal enough to look it up) idea just seems too abstract to me considering the nature of the game. I'd think it would be a lot more interesting to have different characters, who have different moves and tricks, and going through the game as each different character, and solving problems in different ways. It just seems like it would be so much more interesting to me...

If they really wanted to stick their neck out, they could make people like Lambert and Grim players, where one person is the field operative, one decides what they do, one gathers information, etc. and all the players have to cooperate in different ways. But then I suppose everyone would want to be Sam, and no one would want to be the person stuck with the office job. Still, that would be interesting to say the least.

anyways, that's just what I think. I'm really intregued by the idea of a multiplayer espionage game, but I think they could have pulled off the concept more successfully.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Shadow Net is a team that is used for missions that one person could not do him/herself.

<center>http://www.portents.com/marek/transformers/autobot.jpg

<center>NSAagent's Respect List

<center>Beer
<center>Liquor
<center>Wine

<center><marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="black" width=300> Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots? - dr. evil </marquee>

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 01:59 AM
so you think splintercell should go Medal Gear solid2 and add a new charater(like raiden in m,g,s,2) i dont like sam being replaced it sucks but if you add players to paly parts on the game thats cool