PDA

View Full Version : Those who wants more wrecks, do you play on NASA computers?

CaptainBeefhead
05-23-2005, 10:48 AM
This is One issue that have negative influence on the framerate.
When ships are sunk and have reached the bottom,
they´re still there for many hours may be days. Those ships who breaks apart: one half disappear? after some time, but the second half is still modelled.
When sunk some 15-20 ships, it´s nearly killing my computer I know its most because of "only" 512 Mb of RAM but anyway, there should be a set in the menu for how long time (or how many "old") wrecks is being medelled instead of, Implement more "old" wrecks that some ppl want to have.

CaptainBeefhead
05-23-2005, 10:48 AM
This is One issue that have negative influence on the framerate.
When ships are sunk and have reached the bottom,
they´re still there for many hours may be days. Those ships who breaks apart: one half disappear? after some time, but the second half is still modelled.
When sunk some 15-20 ships, it´s nearly killing my computer I know its most because of "only" 512 Mb of RAM but anyway, there should be a set in the menu for how long time (or how many "old") wrecks is being medelled instead of, Implement more "old" wrecks that some ppl want to have.

OgreB
05-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Some captains were lucky to get that many ships during the whole war..

I consider myself lucky ( playing for realism here) to get 2 or 3 a patrol...

CaptainBeefhead
05-23-2005, 11:00 AM
In this "game" it depends how long you stay out.
Many things are not implemented like food supply. And what about to go submerged all the time and use the disel only to recharge the batteries? How long/far can you stay out then, someone tried this?

CaptainBeefhead
05-23-2005, 11:12 AM
It doesn´t matter if it was me or someone else who sunk them before me. If (hope not) additional wrecks will be implemented. It would be like fifty to hundreds of them and I want see those who are trying to play this game then.

cueceleches
05-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I really can´t see the point of wrecks. Once they get to the bottom, and the event camera shows it, I don´t even bother thinking on them, so what for wrecks?

CaptainBeefhead
05-23-2005, 11:34 AM
I agree.
Very hard to find them with 100% realism.