PDA

View Full Version : Pedals different behavior in similar missions

Flak_Rambler
12-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Have a CH program for my CH pedals and CH combat stick for quite sometime already and it works fine in IL2-FB (single player, quick missions, full missions and multiplayer), until I found that in one particular mission the pedals don't work.
Let me explain, there are two exact missions except for the time of day and weather, in the first mission, the pedals work fine, but when I move to the second, the pedals don't work, back to the first mission and the pedals work again, lol !
Tried with different airplanes and got the same, Any idea what could it be ??

Tully__
12-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Are you using different pilots for the two missions? Control assignments are pilot specific and you may not have the pedals correctly assigned for one of your pilots?

Flak_Rambler
01-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Checked out and its the same pilot in both missions. Ready to try another suggestion.

Tully__
01-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Are pedals not working in the second mission only on the runway or in flight as well.... if you have extreme weather (rain/snow/thunderstorms) you'll have an extreme crosswind while on the runway. This can make it appear that your pedals only work on one side as the wind is strong enough to require almost full pedal input and lots of throttle just to stay straight on the runway....

Flak_Rambler
01-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Well, I tried to take off using the Z & X keys and found they don't work either, so couldn't tested in the air. Also, the weather conditions are not bad or rough, its simple rain. Strange isn't?

Tully__
01-05-2005, 10:40 AM
To test in the air, turn off the "Takeoffs & Landings" difficulty setting, you'll spawn in flight.

Setting conditions to "Rain/Snow" is sufficiently bad weather to get the nasty crosswind. If you find rudder works ok in flight, it's simply the crosswind causing difficulty. It is possible (with some practice) to take off succesfully in these conditions but it does require nearly full rudder and a fair bit of throttle to combat the crosswind induced yaw.

Flak_Rambler
01-07-2005, 01:15 PM
You where right, the rudder pedals worked in the air, and as soon as I landed and lost speed, got into problems again. lol
Never expected it was so difficult to taxi under bad weather conditions, I have tried with full rudder and throttle with out success.
Thanks