PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Goal of Abstergo/Templars Theory

Met4lM4ster
12-14-2011, 09:40 PM
The following probably isn't the best theory in the world, but it's just something I thought up. Feel free to discuss and provide your thoughts.
-----------------------------------------------

As we all know by now, the Earth is soon to be destroyed once again by a solar flare, most likely on December 21, 2012.

I believe that Abstergo knows about the imminent solar flare and have known about it for quite some time, whether it be from the PoE or by scientific study of the sun, and have kept it concealed from the public. Seeing as how Abstergo controls possibly all of the major corporations in the world and the U.S. government and has attempted to somewhat "brainwash" the public through the media and entertainment, they are preparing for their ultimate goal which will take place after the solar flare burns the world clean.

I theorize that Abstergo has built several facilities deep inside the Earth's crust to shield themselves from the destruction. They will most likely inform the public through the government and will try to save as many as they can, falling in line with their ultimate purpose. They will also probably try to preserve as much knowledge and technology underground with them as they can to aid in their goal.

The Earth will probably take a very long time to recover from the cataclysm, but the Templars will live on with the PoE they still possess. The Assassin Order may very well be wiped out due to the solar flare. Until the Earth has recovered enough to support life once again, Abstergo will continue to control the population they saved through their PoE. When the Earth has finally recovered, they will launch their satellite broadcasting a global signal from the PoE they have collected, thus enslaving the human race on a global scale. The Templars will then be able to accomplish their ultimate goal: the shape the world in their own image. With the Earth being a clean slate and the Assassin Order extinct, the entire human race will be enslaved to reconstruct the world anew as the Templars see fit.

Long story short: the Templars know about the flare and know that it can't be stopped. So, they will use it as a means to reshape the world in their own image.

Discuss.

LightRey
12-15-2011, 05:31 AM
Hmmm. I guess it is possible, though there's little evidence that actually supports this theory. I would like to point out something, which does pertain to your theory. In one of the classified files that is released in the ACR MP, it is explained that the Templar satellite is built to resist even the strongest solar flares. Now, that is not at all unusual, since all satellites are vulnerable to solar flares because they're not protected by the earth's magnetic field or its atmosphere, but it is interesting that it is brought up, as it would mean that whether or not the Templars know about the solar flare, if they launched the satellite before the event, it'd likely still be operational after it.

dxsxhxcx
12-15-2011, 05:48 AM
[SPOILERS]

after watching the multiplayer videos where Vidic says that they want to wake up the sixth sense in everyone (he may be lying to elude the Abstergo agent but who knows, this is just a theory anyway) I remembered the regret tone on Juno' voice during her speech while she was saying that they shouldn't have locked away our sixth sense...

but if what Vidic said is true, that awake the sixth sense in humans are their purpose, what if whatever Desmond will find in the grand temple will be something that somehow will activate/give more strenght to the satellite, stop the solar flare and also awake the sixth sense in humans?!

even with them only appearing for Desmond and the ancestors (it makes sense since he and Eve are supposedly the only people who can open the temple or activate what is there), TWCB seems to be neutral in this Assasins x Templars war, what if they are planning to use both to achieve their goal to save mankind?! Desmond (and whoever Eve may be) as the key to activate whatever may be in the grand temple and the Abstergo satellite as the mean to an end...

YuurHeen
12-15-2011, 08:06 AM
hmm i believe the templers were planning the satilite launch on the same day as the flare. on it is a poe with a amplifier.

Foppezao
12-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Met4lM4ster:
The following probably isn't the best theory in the world, but it's just something I thought up. Feel free to discuss and provide your thoughts.

As we all know by now, the Earth is soon to be destroyed once again by a solar flare, most likely on December 21, 2012.

I believe that Abstergo knows about the imminent solar flare and have known about it for quite some time, whether it be from the PoE or by scientific study of the sun, and have kept it concealed from the public. Seeing as how Abstergo controls possibly all of the major corporations in the world and the U.S. government and has attempted to somewhat "brainwash" the public through the media and entertainment, they are preparing for their ultimate goal which will take place after the solar flare burns the world clean.

I theorize that Abstergo has built several facilities deep inside the Earth's crust to shield themselves from the destruction. They will most likely inform the public through the government and will try to save as many as they can, falling in line with their ultimate purpose. They will also probably try to preserve as much knowledge and technology underground with them as they can to aid in their goal.

The Earth will probably take a very long time to recover from the cataclysm, but the Templars will live on with the PoE they still possess. The Assassin Order may very well be wiped out due to the solar flare. Until the Earth has recovered enough to support life once again, Abstergo will continue to control the population they saved through their PoE. When the Earth has finally recovered, they will launch their satellite broadcasting a global signal from the PoE they have collected, thus enslaving the human race on a global scale. The Templars will then be able to accomplish their ultimate goal: the shape the world in their own image. With the Earth being a clean slate and the Assassin Order extinct, the entire human race will be enslaved to reconstruct the world anew as the Templars see fit.

Long story short: the Templars know about the flare and know that it can't be stopped. So, they will use it as a means to reshape the world in their own image.

Discuss.

I think you put the tail on the monkey.
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if they add something about the Georgia guidestones[American Stonehenge] in the next AC, like a templair tomb?.Since i think the next AC is in the US...One of the inscriptions is this.

"Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

burtie80
12-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I have been wondering about this myself. If the templars are launching a satellite with a poe as an amplifier so they can control the world and there is another solar flare due that may wipe most of mankind out that doesn't really leave a lot for them to control. unless that is part of the plan? Once the world has been cleansed the templars will have control of what is left so that they can build a society of people that they seem fit to inhabit this planet. If that is the case what can Desmond and the assassins do to stop it? They can't exactly protect the world by stopping the flare but they can stop the templars so that those that do survive have the free will to rebuild society and not be controlled. Either way society as we know it is screwed and most of the human race will be wiped out.

Inorganic9_2
12-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Don't forget that Abstergo means "I cleanse"

misterB2001
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Abstergo are also pretty keen to get a PoE up in the satellite by that date, like they know it HAS to be up there by then.

burtie80
12-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I didn't know what Abstergo meant! lolz!
I hang my head in shame... and there I was calling myself a fan lol!

Agentbarto
12-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Hmmm. I guess it is possible, though there's little evidence that actually supports this theory. I would like to point out something, which does pertain to your theory. In one of the classified files that is released in the ACR MP, it is explained that the Templar satellite is built to resist even the strongest solar flares. Now, that is not at all unusual, since all satellites are vulnerable to solar flares because they're not protected by the earth's magnetic field or its atmosphere, but it is interesting that it is brought up, as it would mean that whether or not the Templars know about the solar flare, if they launched the satellite before the event, it'd likely still be operational after it.

We must also keep in mind that because the Assassin's network functions on technology is it very vulnerable to being shutdown during and after the event, as we've no indication that they too have precautions in place. That being said This may be a way for the Templars to finally win the war if his hypothesis about technologically outlasting the Assassins is correct.

LightRey
12-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

We must also keep in mind that because the Assassin's network functions on technology is it very vulnerable to being shutdown during and after the event, as we've no indication that they too have precautions in place. That being said This may be a way for the Templars to finally win the war if his hypothesis about technologically outlasting the Assassins is correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good point. The thing is though that I don't see any reason for the Templars to have a plan like this when they already have a quite well working plan of just hunting down the few Assassins that remain.

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

We must also keep in mind that because the Assassin's network functions on technology is it very vulnerable to being shutdown during and after the event, as we've no indication that they too have precautions in place. That being said This may be a way for the Templars to finally win the war if his hypothesis about technologically outlasting the Assassins is correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, from what I've seen, the Templars rely more on technology while Assassins go towards skill int he field. As shown with the new way they train recruits through the animus while assassins have only done so with Desmond. but that's only from what I've seen.

While most of the assassins have already been purged because of Daniel, it does seem a bit like overkill to use the flare against them. They don't seem that desperate in our time. They're actually on the rise.

That and the event looked more like the sun fell on the world over just messing with our equipment. Might end up killing all of us

Michelasso
12-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Met4lM4ster:

Discuss.

Add just a couple of arcs and you've got "2012 (the movie)"!! But yeah, that would fit. It was (is) more or less the (real) plan in case of nuclear holocaust anyway. I just not see the need for the PoE. The Templars just need to build the right shelters and keep control of the technology.

Still, that is not going to happen since Desmond will save the world! Unless (sure!) Ubisoft will let the cataclysm happen, the world and humanity nearly end, with the Templars in the shelters and the Assassins in the vault, and the answers to everything will be.. To Be Continued (again). After all in AC there is no need for a real world as it is now since we play mostly in the past.

Agentbarto
12-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:

Good point. The thing is though that I don't see any reason for the Templars to have a plan like this when they already have a quite well working plan of just hunting down the few Assassins that remain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they want to make certain of their status. I see no reason why you can't make preparations and still proactively do something to ensure your goal.