PDA

View Full Version : All the new DGen and DCG stuff made me try offline campaigns again...

ICDP
02-19-2006, 03:45 AM
...and after four days of trying I have finally given up on having any decent offline gameplay in this sim.

It is far too easy to get 5+ kills per mission.

Going against bombers with even one small calibre mg is suicide due to unbelievably accurate gunners. One hit right between the eyes from 500m http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The friendly AI are awfull and will shoot and ram into you you when you are on the tail of an enemy. You end up ignoring their existence as they are such a liability.

You will inevitably end up with 10-20 enemy AI chasing you all the way home, even the damaged ones.

The enemy AI ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU ARE even at night or in thick clouds.

The comms are worthless as the friendly AI will ignore your requests to attack/defend/help or whatever.

The comms are inadequate, there is no way to warn friendly AI that they have an enemy on their six!

The mission/briefing interface is the worst ever seen in any sim.

No amount of DCG, DGen or other updates/3rd party utilities will change the fact that offline sucks in PF.

In the end I just deleted the entire DGen folder and all associated files. If anyone is of the opinion that offline in this sim is good I would imagine they have never played another sim!

End of rant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seriously though, what does everyone think of the offline mode in PF?

ICDP
02-19-2006, 03:45 AM
...and after four days of trying I have finally given up on having any decent offline gameplay in this sim.

It is far too easy to get 5+ kills per mission.

Going against bombers with even one small calibre mg is suicide due to unbelievably accurate gunners. One hit right between the eyes from 500m http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The friendly AI are awfull and will shoot and ram into you you when you are on the tail of an enemy. You end up ignoring their existence as they are such a liability.

You will inevitably end up with 10-20 enemy AI chasing you all the way home, even the damaged ones.

The enemy AI ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU ARE even at night or in thick clouds.

The comms are worthless as the friendly AI will ignore your requests to attack/defend/help or whatever.

The comms are inadequate, there is no way to warn friendly AI that they have an enemy on their six!

The mission/briefing interface is the worst ever seen in any sim.

No amount of DCG, DGen or other updates/3rd party utilities will change the fact that offline sucks in PF.

In the end I just deleted the entire DGen folder and all associated files. If anyone is of the opinion that offline in this sim is good I would imagine they have never played another sim!

End of rant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seriously though, what does everyone think of the offline mode in PF?

XyZspineZyX
02-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Its all I play, I havn`t got broadband. However once you learn how to alter the dgen settings in the confi file or how to alter DCG you are looking at an awesome off line experience. If the A/I are to easy to shoot down then alter dgen in confi file to make it harder.

You can download a program called IL2 stab so you can make these adjustments without going into your confi file.

Overall the offline experience has kept me wrapped up in the combined install ever since or purchaced the sim.

Love it

jasonbirder
02-19-2006, 08:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In the end I just deleted the entire DGen folder and all associated files. If anyone is of the opinion that offline in this sim is good I would imagine they have never played another sim! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i'm aware of faults in the game...but what other World War 2 Flight sims are there to play...Suggestions?

Its not just offline play that suffers because of these difficulties...its online...
I used to play Falcon 4 online a hell of alot and all the missions we flew apart from a few squadron vs squadron nights were co-ops...your squadron against the AI not something i ever hear alot of in FB/AEP/PF...Maybe this has what has fostered the hypercompetitive dogfight style of online play in FB/AEP/PF - if instead of what we have at the moment, we had people hosting there own missions...a group of people/squadron vs AI with proper flight times...less action...more realistic mission objectives...squadrons making 1 or 2 kills between them in a mission, better briefings, proper mission planning, different tasks allocated to different planes in the squadron, realistic comms etc etc...we'd have a whole different ball game...

UCLANUPE
02-19-2006, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jasonbirder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In the end I just deleted the entire DGen folder and all associated files. If anyone is of the opinion that offline in this sim is good I would imagine they have never played another sim! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i'm aware of faults in the game...but what other World War 2 Flight sims are there to play...Suggestions?

Its not just offline play that suffers because of these difficulties...its online...
I used to play Falcon 4 online a hell of alot and all the missions we flew apart from a few squadron vs squadron nights were co-ops...your squadron against the AI not something i ever hear alot of in FB/AEP/PF...Maybe this has what has fostered the hypercompetitive dogfight style of online play in FB/AEP/PF - if instead of what we have at the moment, we had people hosting there own missions...a group of people/squadron vs AI with proper flight times...less action...more realistic mission objectives...squadrons making 1 or 2 kills between them in a mission, better briefings, proper mission planning, different tasks allocated to different planes in the squadron, realistic comms etc etc...we'd have a whole different ball game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, come to Hyperlobby. The 99th and a few others fly mission based coops nightly. All are welcome. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif