PDA

View Full Version : My negative ramblings on SHIII

alarmer
03-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Dont torch me just yet I think these are valid.

1) No lock on free camera, following target or your own boat is sometimes real pain without lock camera option.

2) There should be player default for TDC torpedo settings. I find the defaults rather bad (slow speed and magnetic impact)

3) I was going to hate monger the Save system but the 1.1 patch corrected the most annoying part of it (not being able to quit without loads of saves)

4) The crew system. Ok I love it in battle but there really should be automatic option availeble for crew management. Traveling from base to objective zone and constantly having to put your men to sleep and mess with them is just annoying. Or have I missed something cruzial, with time compression 1000x my men tire really fast and need constant management (atleast in IIA boat which has small crew).

5) Is more of a question. Have I again missed something but when doing salvo shoots you always get three way spread into TDC screen even if your firing two torpedo salve. This makes it rather confusing, obviously one torpedo goes into middle but on which does the other one go.

Other than these issues I cant really express with words how much Iam enjoying this game. Feel free to correct me in these issues if you see fit.

KiwiVenge
03-17-2005, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alarmer:
Dont torch me just yet I think these are valid.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to feel you will be torched, nothing wrong with letting us know whatcha think http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mon Pavion
03-17-2005, 05:32 PM
I agree about the crew micro-managment. It does become a pain.

stevenwhiting
03-17-2005, 05:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alarmer:

4) The crew system. Ok I love it in battle but there really should be automatic option availeble for crew management. Traveling from base to objective zone and constantly having to put your men to sleep and mess with them is just annoying. Or have I missed something cruzial, with time compression 1000x my men tire really fast and need constant management (atleast in IIA boat which has small crew).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure? With time compression on the crew aren't suppose to tire, its mentioned in the readme file.

CapitaineNicool
03-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Yup that's false because:
"5.1 Crew Behavior/Time Compression
Silent Hunter 3 allows high time compression for long distance navigation.
To avoid unwanted gameplay issues, the crew endurance and morale evolution is frozen when time compression values are higher than x32."

JP351
03-17-2005, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CapitaineNicool:
Yup that's false because:
"5.1 Crew Behavior/Time Compression
Silent Hunter 3 allows high time compression for long distance navigation.
To avoid unwanted gameplay issues, the crew endurance and morale evolution is frozen when time compression values are higher than x32." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which bugs the hell out of me! First thing I did before I even left port was organize my crew into their shifts. Once I got out and TCed to 12hr later, I went back to switch them out and... surprise! No one was tired.

It needs to change. Crew members should get tired as time passes, even under TC. BUT We should also be able to save our own crew assignments... at the very least as some type of pull down menu... 3 buttons

(menu with shift names) {LOAD} {SAVE}

So you organize your crew type in "Day Surface Cruise" and hit save. Then you can do "Night Surface Cruise/Attack/whatever" and save. Pull down the menu and switch out your profiles!

:/

Frederf220
03-17-2005, 11:24 PM
The first thing when I saw the crew buttons is that they would be editable presets. There really should be a box for Automanage crew. I'm sure a real sub captain didn't have to baby sit their crew like this.

alarmer
03-18-2005, 01:11 AM
So the crew doesnt tire in when TC is greater than 32x.

I must test this out, my problem is that they are totally tired all the time. This must be since Iam playing 1939 campaing with small boat with crew of 4 officers 9 petty and 14 crew.

Somekinda shift system could be nice, like change all men under this section after 8 hours or something like that. Just a idea.

Thanks for the TC tip, maybe Iam running too much on 32x. Anybody got idea how exactly the torpedo spreading works with 2 torpedoes?

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 01:16 AM
when using 32x they will get tired quick as h ell.. use 64, works perfectly.. the game will slow down anyway if something interesting is going on..

alarmer
03-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Yes now that I recall, I think I know my flaw.

On map mode I usually run on 1024x TC setting, then I often pop into seeing crew management screen and some other screens where the TC drops to 32x. No wonder the crew tires constantly.

Thanks for the tips, wasnt there some TC options in some config file too? Cant seem to find the TC options in config files, could somebody point it out?

Found the main.cfg but there is quite limited time compression settings. Quess it isnt possible to set max TC for every screen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif