PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment

Mueller24
11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
I was just disappointed that there is no crossbow. i was looking forward to it. Its in trailers and even in the into video. I was wondering if i missed something or is there a way to get one, or if anyone shares the same disappointment i have. Its a great game i was just looking foward to killing with a crossbow

Mueller24
11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
I was just disappointed that there is no crossbow. i was looking forward to it. Its in trailers and even in the into video. I was wondering if i missed something or is there a way to get one, or if anyone shares the same disappointment i have. Its a great game i was just looking foward to killing with a crossbow

avsrule247
11-23-2007, 07:43 PM
And if you had the crossbow then you would complain about how long it takes to reload. You people are never happy.

Toyotama
11-23-2007, 07:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mueller24:
I was just disappointed that there is no crossbow. i was looking forward to it. Its in trailers and even in the into video. I was wondering if i missed something or is there a way to get one, or if anyone shares the same disappointment i have. Its a great game i was just looking foward to killing with a crossbow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THERE IS NO CROSSBOW! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif
You only have four weapons on you: hidden blade, throwing daggers, short sword, and longsword.

This thread will definitely be locked.

Mueller24
11-23-2007, 07:54 PM
yes i dont care about reload time thats not a problem but dont promote something in videos if its not going to be in the game. might as well have him jumping out of a helicopter

avsrule247
11-23-2007, 07:56 PM
You do realize that the video they showed the crossbow in was like from the time of E3 06? A lot has changed since then.

sabres3819
11-23-2007, 07:56 PM
How is that spam the guy just wants to know why there isnt a crossbow - he may not have been so eager like toihers and read up on every section of news about the game

There was no crossbow because they decided it would be too slow and generally useless - either they have you fire one shot and stand there for a minute reloading it (Which usually took two people anyway) or they reloaded it fast and you sacrificed historical accuracy - something they are proud of

Plus daggers are much more assassiny

Mueller24
11-23-2007, 08:00 PM
you have a point there about the daggers. They really fill the void. My main question, i really didnt stress it i guess, was is there a way to get it through completing some of the mini quest. like killing all the templars. which is a rhetoricall question at this point

avsrule247
11-23-2007, 08:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sabres3819:
How is that spam the guy just wants to know why there isnt a crossbow - he may not have been so eager like toihers and read up on every section of news about the game
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is spam because it was been posted/ranted about/asked a thousand times. He could have search to find an answer or a thread to rant in.

sabres3819
11-23-2007, 08:03 PM
He joined yesterday - he may not have searched for another thread new people on forums generally make mistakes and presume that no-one has posted about it before let him have his two cents worth

avsrule247
11-23-2007, 08:07 PM
It doesn't matter when someone joined. Just because someone joined yesterday doesn't mean they can't use the find function.

Mueller24
11-23-2007, 08:07 PM
lol to tell you the truth i jioned about 10 minutes ago. sorry i didnt read other posts i was just curios and i really didnt want to take the time to be honest but call me lazy. its happened all to often i do look for a post and dont find it. So dont jump all over my case. if you are that upset heres an idea dont read it

avsrule247
11-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Mueller24 it is not your fault, we are arguing over something else now...

Mueller24
11-23-2007, 08:08 PM
lol! im sorry about all of this

avsrule247
11-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Don't be sorry. You don't know us. We don't know you. You have nothing to be sorry for. So you posted something stupid on the internet? Everyone does but who cares? No one knows you, so don't be sorry.

Mueller24
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avsrule247:
Don't be sorry. You don't know us. We don't know you. You have nothing to be sorry for. So you posted something stupid on the internet? Everyone does but who cares? No one knows you, so don't be sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol how many times does that happen. Somebody post something stupid on the internet.

sabres3819
11-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Don't worry about it - i just didnt think you deserved the responses you got

my point is that whilst they can use the search function they may not think to use it because they are new

I am not complaining about the content of the posts simply the way they were worded

Toyotama
11-23-2007, 08:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avsrule247:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sabres3819:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is spam because it was been posted/ranted about/asked a thousand times. He could have search to find an answer or a thread to rant in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mueller24:
lol to tell you the truth i jioned about 10 minutes ago. sorry i didnt read other posts i was just curios and i really didnt want to take the time to be honest but call me lazy. its happened all to often i do look for a post and dont find it. So dont jump all over my case. if you are that upset heres an idea dont read it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you read the rules first before starting this thread?

Mueller24
11-23-2007, 08:21 PM
no i only had a question

IS THERE ANY WAY TO OBTAIN THEM THROUGH A MINI GAME OF SOME SORT

just a question didnt want this huge thing about rules regulations me being new and its the internet i dont care atm i was just wondering jeez

Toyotama
11-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I would say the answer to the question is no (feel free to prove me wrong), and I brought the part about the rules in because you obviously didn't search the forums for other similar threads (getting flamed) which clearly state that there never will be a crossbow.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

sabres3819
11-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Why are you trying to be a moderator and up keep the rules - they are there for a reason

But lets don't get over our heads here you should let people off if they have only been here for ten minutes and not tell them off as though they are at school and have done something naughty

Especially dont belittle them - what does that achieve just inform them of their mistake and if i happens again then go off on one

Toyotama
11-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Why are you trying to be a moderator and up keep the rules - they are there for a reason

But lets don't get over our heads here you should let people off if they have only been here for ten minutes and not tell them off as though they are at school and have done something naughty

Especially dont belittle them - what does that achieve just inform them of their mistake and if i happens again then go off on one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.1: I am not trying to be a mod, I just thought that we got over the crossbow issue a long time ago.
No.2: I did not pay attention to the time of his account's creation.
No.3: When did I belittle him? I just got angry is all. And did I not inform him of his mistake?

Excuse my stupidity, but my brain has dried up.

unnamedninja
11-23-2007, 09:54 PM
You do realize that the video they showed the crossbow in was like from the time of E3 06? A lot has changed since then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that video was like the second one out ever, so a huge amount has changed since then. The only problem is that they used it for the tv ads just before the game came out :P