PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft-Sony Assassins Creed Movie Deal

coolguyj84
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
http://collider.com/assassins-...ubisoft-sony/124515/ (http://collider.com/assassins-creed-movie-ubisoft-sony/124515/)

This is a pretty ballsy move by Ubisoft, and I've gotta say, giving creative control to the actual creators of the franchise is a smart move.
Who better to write, cast, and produce a movie than those who are responsible for its existence? Honestly, I like this idea behind making video game properties into movies. Let the people who know the franchise have control over it.

coolguyj84
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
http://collider.com/assassins-...ubisoft-sony/124515/ (http://collider.com/assassins-creed-movie-ubisoft-sony/124515/)

This is a pretty ballsy move by Ubisoft, and I've gotta say, giving creative control to the actual creators of the franchise is a smart move.
Who better to write, cast, and produce a movie than those who are responsible for its existence? Honestly, I like this idea behind making video game properties into movies. Let the people who know the franchise have control over it.

roostersrule2
11-03-2011, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coolguyj84:

Who better to write, cast, and produce a movie than those who are responsible for its existence? Honestly, I like this idea behind making video game properties into movies. Let the people who know the franchise have control over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I know it sounds like a good move but because of it Steven Speilberg turned down an offer to direct it.

Hello and welcome to The forums.

Sarari
11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
To be honest, I don't think that either Ubisoft or Sony have the ability to make incredible graphics for the old cities. When I say that, I'm talking about making Florence, or any other city look like how it was 600+ years ago with their skill in graphics. Sony maybe good, but not good enough to capture the beauty of the cities along time ago. And Ubisoft is more of a game graphic working company.

Overall, they should give the movie a shot, and If things don't workout, then oh well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif at least we still got the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

coolguyj84
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi roosterrule, thanks for the warm welcome.

But is Spielberg really the right director for the Assassins Creed films?
I know he's a great director and all but some of his movies these days have been kind of a hit and miss for me.

And his ideas for remake for Old Boy didn't sound good at all. I would have probably imagined that he would make a PG13 film like Bruckheimer did for Prince of Persia.

Sasari, what about Assassins Creed Lineage? I thought Ubisoft did a pretty good job there with the visual of Renaissance Italy.

C3G Jester
11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
You say in Ubisoft-Sony that Sony is part of the developers of the game. That is mistaken. Its all Ubisoft and guess what, Ubi dont make movies. Sony does. Ubi owns all and every single piece of rights to the Creed games and universe whilst Sony is the PS3 and Hollywood point. But if Ubi runs the movie as in make the settings (done through the game) and have the script then I will respect that. But Sony does not do anything with Creed except for allowing PS players play it. All in all, Sony and Microsoft have the EXACT same role in the creed universe. Sony isnt all that special

roostersrule2
11-03-2011, 08:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coolguyj84:

I know he's a great director and all but some of his movies these days have been kind of a hit and miss for me.

And his ideas for remake for Old Boy didn't sound good at all. I would have probably imagined that he would make a PG13 film like Bruckheimer did for Prince of Persia.

Sasari, what about Assassins Creed Lineage? I thought Ubisoft did a pretty good job there with the visual of Renaissance Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's not really how good he would make the film but the publicity assassins creed would get. Could you imagine all in movie magazines, TV and posters it would be Speilberg to make Assassins Creed movie which would increase game sales and box office sales.

Sarari
11-03-2011, 08:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sasari, what about Assassins Creed Lineage? I thought Ubisoft did a pretty good job there with the visual of Renaissance Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ubisoft did that???? Damn, I wonder how it'll look like with the work of Sony then. Also, I remember a part when the guy was climbing and the walls looked completely fake. Not to mention he was slow but that has nothing to do with the graphics.

coolguyj84
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:

Sasari, what about Assassins Creed Lineage? I thought Ubisoft did a pretty good job there with the visual of Renaissance Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's not really how good he would make the film but the publicity assassins creed would get. Could you imagine all in movie magazines, TV and posters it would be Speilberg to make Assassins Creed movie which would increase game sales and box office sales. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying it's okay to have a mediocre to bad (ok I guess with Spielberg it might not be bad, but I can still see it become mediocre) film as long as there is increase in publicity and increase in game sales and box office sales?

I have to respectfully disagree. Game sales for Assassins Creed will be fine regardless of who is involved in the production (as long as it's not someone like Uwe Boll http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif).
Also I'd rather see a good to excellent film which makes the fans and movie goers both happy rather than having a dud film which makes ton of money just because of its publicity of who is involved in the production (movies such as Clash of Titans remake that already has the 3rd movie planned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ...I totally don't want that for AC).

Jexx21
11-03-2011, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commanderjst:
You say in Ubisoft-Sony that Sony is part of the developers of the game. That is mistaken. Its all Ubisoft and guess what, Ubi dont make movies. Sony does. Ubi owns all and every single piece of rights to the Creed games and universe whilst Sony is the PS3 and Hollywood point. But if Ubi runs the movie as in make the settings (done through the game) and have the script then I will respect that. But Sony does not do anything with Creed except for allowing PS players play it. All in all, Sony and Microsoft have the EXACT same role in the creed universe. Sony isnt all that special </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He never said that Sony was a developer &gt;.&gt;

Anyway, I'm all for this. I see the movie being more modern-day than not though.

roostersrule2
11-04-2011, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:

Sasari, what about Assassins Creed Lineage? I thought Ubisoft did a pretty good job there with the visual of Renaissance Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's not really how good he would make the film but the publicity assassins creed would get. Could you imagine all in movie magazines, TV and posters it would be Speilberg to make Assassins Creed movie which would increase game sales and box office sales. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying it's okay to have a mediocre to bad (ok I guess with Spielberg it might not be bad, but I can still see it become mediocre) film as long as there is increase in publicity and increase in game sales and box office sales?

I have to respectfully disagree. Game sales for Assassins Creed will be fine regardless of who is involved in the production (as long as it's not someone like Uwe Boll http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif).
Also I'd rather see a good to excellent film which makes the fans and movie goers both happy rather than having a dud film which makes ton of money just because of its publicity of who is involved in the production (movies such as Clash of Titans remake that already has the 3rd movie planned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ...I totally don't want that for AC). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Who said it would be mediocre that's just your opinion. Tell me would you rather a no name director or Steven Speilberg?

kosmoscreed
11-04-2011, 04:35 AM
Nice work Ubisoft. The hollywood people can say whatever they want but Ubisoft it's not gonna let this people that don't give a damn to ruin AC like they did with Resident Evil and other videogame films for the sake of money or "creativity".

If they can find a director that truly loves AC and is capable or working with the AC team at Ubisoft in harmony, the movie could be amazing.

I rather have nothing than a movie ruined by hollywood that don't represent the AC franchise.

There is another option, give creative freedom and see what happen, but that's a big risk.

travilanche
11-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Spielberg hasn't made a watchable movie since Munich. That was 9 years ago. He's had a solid decade of pure ****e.

And I'm very much hoping that they don't try to take one of these videogames and lift the story from them and make it a movie. It should follow one of the characters, but from a different period in their lives from the games. I personally would like to see a movie about Altair before he was demoted in the beginning of the first game.

And this was a good move for Ubisoft to make. Videogames that have been made into movies have all been ****e because the film makers haven't understood the games.

And Spielberg doesn't even understand his own creations anymore. Exhibit A: Indiana Jones 4.

coolguyj84
11-04-2011, 04:47 AM

Also I'd rather see a good to excellent film which makes the fans and movie goers both happy rather than having a dud film which makes ton of money just because of its publicity of who is involved in the production (movies such as Clash of Titans remake that already has the 3rd movie planned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ...I totally don't want that for AC). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Who said it would be mediocre that's just your opinion. Tell me would you rather a no name director or Steven Speilberg? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I am saying is that Spielberg has made questionable choices when directing some of his films which resulted in very mediocre results (he is superb director in some films, but in some others......is very disappointing).

And I never said I wanted a no-name director. But I definitely do not want people like Steven Spielberg or Jerry Bruckheimer for an Assassins Creed movie.
Also you're making it sound as if publicity, game sales and box office is the most important thing for an AC film - but what I want first and foremost is a movie faithful to the games that keeps the fans happy, and I think Ubisoft is going about this in the right direction.

Also if you disagree with my opinion, that's fine. We can agree to disagree, so you don't need to get so worked up about it.

coolguyj84
11-04-2011, 04:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by travilanche:
Spielberg hasn't made a watchable movie since Munich. That was 9 years ago. He's had a solid decade of pure ****e.

And I'm very much hoping that they don't try to take one of these videogames and lift the story from them and make it a movie. It should follow one of the characters, but from a different period in their lives from the games. I personally would like to see a movie about Altair before he was demoted in the beginning of the first game.

And this was a good move for Ubisoft to make. Videogames that have been made into movies have all been ****e because the film makers haven't understood the games.

And Spielberg doesn't even understand his own creations anymore. Exhibit A: Indiana Jones 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't have said it better myself http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

roostersrule2
11-04-2011, 05:00 AM

And his ideas for remake for Old Boy didn't sound good at all. I would have probably
imagined that he would make a PG13 film like Bruckheimer did for Prince of Persia.

Sasari, what about Assassins Creed Lineage? I thought Ubisoft did a pretty good job there with the visual of Renaissance Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's not really how good he would make the film but the
publicity assassins creed would get. Could you imagine all in movie magazines, TV and posters it would be Speilberg to make Assassins Creed movie which would increase game sales and box office sales. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying it's okay to have a mediocre to bad (ok I guess with Spielberg it might not be
bad, but I can still see it become mediocre) film as long as there is increase in publicity and increase in game sales and box office sales?

Also I'd rather see a good to excellent film which makes the fans and movie goers both happy rather than having a dud film which makes ton of money just because of its publicity of who is involved in the production (movies such as Clash of Titans remake that already has the 3rd movie
planned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ...I totally don't want that for AC). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Who said it would be mediocre that's just your opinion. Tell me would you rather a no name director or Steven Speilberg? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I am saying is that Spielberg has made questionable choices when directing some of his films which resulted in very mediocre results (he is superb director in some films, but in some others......is very disappointing).

And I never said I wanted a no-name director. But I definitely do not want people like Steven Spielberg or Jerry Bruckheimer for an Assassins Creed movie.
Also you're making it sound as if publicity, game sales and box office is the most important thing for an AC film - but what I want first and foremost is a movie faithful to the games that keeps the fans happy, and I think Ubisoft is going about this in the right direction.

Also if you disagree with my opinion, that's fine. We can agree to disagree, so you don't need to get so worked up about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Im not getting worked up I'm stating my opinion your stating yours. Anyway it wont have Speilberg so this argument is pointless. But I would love for AC to be made by a big director as it will most likely be brilliant and will increase sales. But I don't care anymore you might be right as Speilberg has lost his touch but I don't know many film directors and there would probably someone more suitable for AC and maybe he mightn't the right one for AC.

TorQue1988
11-04-2011, 05:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
To be honest, I don't think that either Ubisoft or Sony have the ability to make incredible graphics for the old cities. When I say that, I'm talking about making Florence, or any other city look like how it was 600+ years ago with their skill in graphics. Sony maybe good, but not good enough to capture the beauty of the cities along time ago. And Ubisoft is more of a game graphic working company.

Overall, they should give the movie a shot, and If things don't workout, then oh well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif at least we still got the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Watch the movie Casanova(2005), Venice looks stunning ,and even the TV series The Borgias has great special effects, so i believe it can be done.
Also the perfect director for Assassin's Creed movie would be Christopher Nolan.

travilanche
11-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Sometimes a lesser known director can really knock your socks off and deliver a masterpiece. Look at Neil Blomkamp for example. He had practically no directing experience and he gave us District 9.

Personally my choice for director of this movie would be Christopher Nolan, but he couldn't get along with Ubisoft and their demands for this film. He would make a brilliant one though. He can do no wrong in my eyes.

ShaneO7K
11-04-2011, 07:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by travilanche:
Sometimes a lesser known director can really knock your socks off and deliver a masterpiece. Look at Neil Blomkamp for example. He had practically no directing experience and he gave us District 9.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neil has made alot of Shorts and District 9 was an adapation of one of them so he definitely had experience but not to the scale of a full blown movie. Which is why he had Peter Jackson helping him. He would've made a great job with Halo if he had a bigger budget.

Back on topic, I'm sure Assassin's Creed will make for a great movie with Ubisoft there beside the director to correct any problems they have with it. And people have to let go of the usual stereotype that video-games to movies have, give it a chance or at least wait to we hear what the story is.

burtie80
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
I hope Spielberg has nothing to do with it otherwise at the end we will have a spaceship land with little beings coming out!

SteelCity999
11-04-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't think Ubisoft did such a bad job with Lineage - that was all in house - so I don't see why them keeping so much control is a bad thing. The CGI was great in recreating Florence and the casting was actually pretty good. if they get a good enough story and use similar production values, it should be at least mildly successful. Not to mention they have stated all along that they want everything to make sense and connect from game to game to book to film so I agree you can't give away control and let Hollywood make stuff up that doesn't fit into the AC universe.

Serrachio
11-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I'd like a Victorian assassin, or something around that time in England.

That's just me, but I would love it if we had a character that assassinates Jack the Ripper or causes his arrest.

It would be dark, and imagine a person looking over London from above the Westminster Cathedral at night, with their robes fluttering in the breeze as they cling to the pinnacle.

But that's just one possibility, and I'm sure other people have different ideas for it.

LightRey
11-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Jack the Ripper was neither killed (as far as is known) nor was he arrested.

lukaszep
11-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Wow. That must be a movie industry first, but very smart move made by Ubisoft there. Sony has taken risks in the past, mainly because they can afford too, so it's not like they are doing because there's no other choice. But maybe it's just, who better to create a blockbuster movie franchise than the creators of the blockbuster game franchise? Sort of thinking.
It seems like Ubisoft is basically renting Sony Pictures to make this movie, but fingers crossed it's good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Serrachio
11-04-2011, 11:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Jack the Ripper was neither killed (as far as is known) nor was he arrested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aww. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

lukaszep
11-04-2011, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Overall, they should give the movie a shot, and If things don't workout, then oh well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif at least we still got the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Watch the movie Casanova(2005), Venice looks stunning ,and even the TV series The Borgias has great special effects, so i believe it can be done.
Also the perfect director for Assassin's Creed movie would be Christopher Nolan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then everyone would just compare it to Inception because of the similar concepts :/

InfectedNation
11-04-2011, 01:03 PM
I am actually so relieved about Ubisoft maintaining such control, and I really hope that Corey May has at least some role in writing the script.

coolguyj84
11-05-2011, 03:16 AM
This news actually makes me wish that they would make a 2 hr (or more) cg movie with Assasins Creed like Square Enix did with Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (theatrical cut: 1hr 30mins, Director's cut: 2hrs).

While I am excited with the live-action film coming up, if I had to pick between live-action and cg film, I'd pick cg film any day.

Going back to live-action part of topic, I totally applaud Ubisoft's efforts, and hope that it succeeds if only to shatter a small piece of the ego-shield that protects the hegemony of the Hollywood machine.

coolguyj84
11-05-2011, 04:31 AM
By the way, what do you guys think of with Zack Snyder as the director for Assassins Creed live-action film?

He has already done 2 pretty faithful comic book adaptations (300, Watchmen), so with the script provided by Ubisoft's writers (preferably where Corey May is involved as a co-writer or a consultant) and cast apprval from Ubisoft, I could see it being a feasible option.

Only downside for me is that sometimes his slo-mo shots in action/fight scenes can be downright annoying - and I hope he takes it down a notch if he does manage to get it.

People that I don't want anywhere near Assassins Creed : Jerry Bruckheimer, Steven Spielberg, Paul W.S. Anderson, Uwe Boll (Duh!)

ShaneO7K
11-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Would be interesting to see Ridley Scott direct an AC movie, but it would be unlikely.
He can produce believable action scenes which would fit ACs fighting style perfectly, just look at Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator and Robin Hood. And the story to each of these are great, if AC was done in a similar fashion it wouldn't go to far wrong.

But I still would maybe prefer CGI.

De Filosoof
11-05-2011, 02:38 PM
They should go to the Wachowski brothers, the makers from The Matrix and V for vendetta.
Especially when you look at the story of Assassins creed with the elite/illuminati stuff in ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif can't see many other producers put that kinda stuff in their movies...and they did a ninja movie called "ninja assassins" with some nice effects in it. What do you guys think?

De Filosoof
11-05-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRn8kM4-ds

Just look at the trailer...
Speaks for itself.

LightRey
11-05-2011, 02:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:

Speaks for itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My favorite film.

lukaszep
11-05-2011, 03:18 PM
By the way, what do you guys think of with Zack Snyder as the director for Assassins Creed live-action film?

He has already done 2 pretty faithful comic book adaptations (300, Watchmen), so with the script provided by Ubisoft's writers (preferably where Corey May is involved as a co-writer or a consultant) and cast apprval from Ubisoft, I could see it being a feasible option.

Only downside for me is that sometimes his slo-mo shots in action/fight scenes can be downright annoying - and I hope he takes it down a notch if he does manage to get it.

People that I don't want anywhere near Assassins Creed : Jerry Bruckheimer, Steven Spielberg, Paul W.S. Anderson, Uwe Boll (Duh!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please.Not.Zack.Snyder. No way would he be able to pull off Assassins Creed. It would be all action and no story/character.
Assassins Creed needs a director like Lynne Ramsay. She's fairly unrecognized, but just did a film called "We Need To Talk about Kevin" which i saw yesterday and..it was probably the best film i've ever seen. The AC movie has to have a focus on character, otherwise no one will care, it will just be another Transformers or Battle: LA (Not saying those films aren't good for what they are, neither of them make me care about the characters much).
But, at the end of the day, if the actor sucks, it doesn't matter how good the director is.

De Filosoof
11-05-2011, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:

My favorite film. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also one of my favorite movies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
11-05-2011, 04:30 PM

My favorite film. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also one of my favorite movies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm watching it right now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

coolguyj84
11-06-2011, 02:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:

People that I don't want anywhere near Assassins Creed : Jerry Bruckheimer, Steven Spielberg, Paul W.S. Anderson, Uwe Boll (Duh!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please.Not.Zack.Snyder. No way would he be able to pull off Assassins Creed. It would be all action and no story/character.
Assassins Creed needs a director like Lynne Ramsay. She's fairly unrecognized, but just did a film called "We Need To Talk about Kevin" which i saw yesterday and..it was probably the best film i've ever seen. The AC movie has to have a focus on character, otherwise no one will care, it will just be another Transformers or Battle: LA (Not saying those films aren't good for what they are, neither of them make me care about the characters much).
But, at the end of the day, if the actor sucks, it doesn't matter how good the director is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I wouldn't say it's really Snyder's fault in where it's all action. (I'm just stating this in terms of 300 and Watchmen where they are adaptation films). 300 was yeah, really paper-thin on plot but that was how the plot and characters themselves were shown in the graphic novel. Also, I definitely wouldn't say Watchmen had no story/plot, and Snyder has filmed both of those films with nearly every detail faithful to the source material (except the bit about the Alien in Watchmen's ending).

Besides, if all goes according to how Ubisoft wants it, wouldn't Ubisoft be supervising the whole plot/character process through their script (which they want control over) anyway?

And the new superman movie "Man of Steel" which Snyder is currently filming has David S Goyer and Christopher Nolan as Story writers. So I'm pretty sure Goyer and Nolan would have focused on story/characters in their script. I imagine the same for Ubisoft's Assassins Creed.

Regarding Lynne Ramsay, I don't know her and haven't seen any of her works (and she could have excellent talent as a director), but I think the safe approach is working with a director who tries to be faithful to the works as possible and that's why I picked Snyder as an option (but who knows who Ubisoft will pick).

And if they are going with Desmond's story, they have to cast Kristen Bell as Lucy.

iN3krO
11-06-2011, 03:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Would be interesting to see Ridley Scott direct an AC movie, but it would be unlikely.
He can produce believable action scenes which would fit ACs fighting style perfectly, just look at Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator and Robin Hood. And the story to each of these are great, if AC was done in a similar fashion it wouldn't go to far wrong.

But I still would maybe prefer CGI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believable combats? Like ezio in acB fighting 4 papal guards in 4 seconds? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ShaneO7K
11-06-2011, 05:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

But I still would maybe prefer CGI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believable combats? Like ezio in acB fighting 4 papal guards in 4 seconds? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That in itself is not something which is impossible. And it wouldn't be the smartest thing of you to think the combat between the transition from game to film would be identical. It all depends on how they want the movie to come across, if it was done in maybe a V for Vendetta style of combat scenes like people have suggested then there would be plenty of examples of the assassin killing people and short amount of time. While if the combat was done like in one of the movies I said it would be a more believable thing (if that's what they are going for). But even then like what I said at the start killing the Papal guards in a short amount of time isn't impossible.

LightRey
11-06-2011, 05:20 AM
That in itself is not something which is impossible. And it wouldn't be the smartest thing of you to think the combat between the transition from game to film would be identical. It all depends on how they want the movie to come across, if it was done in maybe a V for Vendetta style of combat scenes like people have suggested then there would be plenty of examples of the assassin killing people and short amount of time. While if the combat was done like in one of the movies I said it would be a more believable thing (if that's what they are going for). But even then like what I said at the start killing the Papal guards in a short amount of time isn't impossible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Especially for someone that's specifically trained to kill people and is exceptionally good at it compared to others who have received similar training.