04-11-2009, 10:03 AM
i cna't drop em how do you do it

doogerie
04-11-2009, 10:03 AM
i cna't drop em how do you do it

DuckyFluff
04-11-2009, 10:11 AM
If you are running a modded game you need to "open bomb bay doors"

The default key is "Power 10%" i.e. keyboard key 2.

I think. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

na85
04-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Power 10% is unbound by default.

You need to set a key to it to open the bomb bay doors.

Personally I think that that mod is rather silly.

DKoor
04-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Or perhaps you just have unlimited ammo?

For instance in such case, you will never be able to drop the Ju-87 fuselage main bomb. You will be able to drop little bombs that are mounted under wings but not the large one under fuselage.

danjama
04-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Make sure weapon 4 is mapped to a key.

doogerie
04-12-2009, 01:34 AM
it says on the tutorila that bombing is automatic

Sana_HvJ
04-12-2009, 03:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doogerie:
it says on the tutorila that bombing is automatic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only if you're using an automatic bomb sight like on the He-111 or B-25. the bombsight on the TB-7 and Pe-2 for example do NOT automatically release their bombs and the dive bombing asstistant device on the Ju-87 doesn't release the bombs AFAIK.

for anything else you will have to press the trigger manually. as said above make sure you have Weapon4 key bound and if you're using a mod also check if you need to set a key for manual bomb door opening.
the latter is only needed for aircraft with a internal bomb bay. most fighter-bomber only carry their bombs on external bomb racks.

the automatic bomb sights do not open the bomb doors, you'll still have to do that manually.

joeap
04-12-2009, 04:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sana_HvJ:

only if you're using an automatic bomb sight like on the He-111 or B-25. the bombsight on the TB-7 and Pe-2 for example do NOT automatically release their bombs and the dive bombing asstistant device on the Ju-87 doesn't release the bombs AFAIK.

for anything else you will have to press the trigger manually. as said above make sure you have Weapon4 key bound and if you're using a mod also check if you need to set a key for manual bomb door opening.
the latter is only needed for aircraft with a internal bomb bay. most fighter-bomber only carry their bombs on external bomb racks.

the automatic bomb sights do not open the bomb doors, you'll still have to do that manually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be precise in the stock game the automatic bombsights DO open the bomb-bay doors. Also, the early Stukas (Ju-87B) do release the bombs at the set height automatically as well.

Sana_HvJ
04-12-2009, 04:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:
Also, the early Stukas (Ju-87B) do release the bombs at the set height automatically as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it does? i thought it only sounded a warning once you reach the set alt.
well to be honest i don't fly the stuka a lot, the diving device messes with "my" idea of dive bombing an always screws up bigtime so i stick with other aircraft.

doogerie
04-12-2009, 07:17 AM
it's sorted my hevys now drop there bombs on the targit

wheelsup_cavu
04-12-2009, 07:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sana_HvJ:

the automatic bomb sights do not open the bomb doors, you'll still have to do that manually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be precise in the stock game the automatic bombsights DO open the bomb-bay doors. <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Also, the early Stukas (Ju-87B) do release the bombs at the set height automatically as well.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not knowing about that feature, for a long time I couldn't figure out why the bombs kept being dropped before I wanted.

Wheelsup

DKoor
04-13-2009, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wheelsup_cavu:
why the bombs kept being dropped before I wanted.

Wheelsup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bombs are being released automatically when you dive to certain alt (I think around 800m) with engaged airbrake (siren).