PDA

View Full Version : TCPIP.SYS blue screen error

CowPan
04-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Every time I attempt to enter a game in multiplayer, I get a blue screen and it tells me something about tcpip.sys. I can't get the other info as it dumps the info too quickly for me to see.

How do I fix this?

CowPan
04-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Every time I attempt to enter a game in multiplayer, I get a blue screen and it tells me something about tcpip.sys. I can't get the other info as it dumps the info too quickly for me to see.

How do I fix this?

KingDaniel0
04-01-2011, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CowPan:

How do I fix this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all tell me, do you have CA Internet Security installed on your PC ? Looks like you are having some of bad signal conflict out here.

Do you have any files inside this folder i.e. C:\Windows\Minidump ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CowPan
04-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I do not have CA Internet Security installed, and yes, I do have folders in Windows/Minidump

KingDaniel0
04-02-2011, 03:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CowPan:
I do not have CA Internet Security installed, and yes, I do have folders in Windows/Minidump </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, then I'm not fully sure on how to solve this issue. Usually the 'KmxFilter.sys' file which comes with CA Internet Security used to create this problem.

This was the method and solution to overcome it, but, it may not be of much help to you, as you may not have these entries........

Go to Start----&gt;Search/run and type this i.e. devmgmt.msc and then press Enter. After Device Manager opens, go to View, and click on 'Show hidden devices'.

A Non-Plug, and Play Driver Icon will show up. Expand it and look for the following drivers:

KMXFW, KMXCFG and KMXCV

Now Right click on each of the above entries, and click on Properties. After that click on the Driver tab, and change the Startup type to Demand. Click on OK and reboot your PC.

http://i53.tinypic.com/33omrdv.gif

Have you checked the Windows/Minidump folders for any info and LOGS ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CowPan
04-02-2011, 07:18 AM
I have lots of DMP files in Windows/Minidump.
Is there a program I can use to view them?

KingDaniel0
04-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I have lots of DMP files in Windows/Minidump.
Is there a program I can use to view them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which OS are you using ? Have you fully updated it, including all the service packs ?

Can you play all other ONLINE/MP games on this computer, except AC:B ? You can view the Dump files by one sdk debugging tool, but it's kind of hard to figure out the cause. A much better option would be check the Windows 'Event Viewer'.

Btw, what other tools do you have on your System, e.g. NetLimiter, ZoneAlarm, Antivirus packages etc.(try removing them) ? Also give this a read, if needed:

http://www.home-network-help.com/netsh-winsock.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CowPan
04-03-2011, 04:46 AM
I am using Windows 7, but I don't think I have the most recent service pack. I can play all the other online games on my computer.
The other tools I have are Spyware Doctor and Mcafee Total Protection.

KingDaniel0
04-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I am using Windows 7, but I don't think I have the most recent service pack. I can play all the other online games on my computer.
The other tools I have are Spyware Doctor and Mcafee Total Protection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you can play all other MP/Online games on your PC, then I don't think there might be an issue with your OS, and/or any Network problem....

But doing a Windows Update is always nice, because different games require varying sets of Hardware/Software to work. Have you applied the Latest patch for Brotherhood ? (You can also add the game's exe i.e. ACBMP.exe to the exception/ignore list of your McAfee/SD program, if needed).

As a side note, try to Scan your Windows REGISTRY, for any invalid/missing entries, by using any Reg tool you may have. Also run a MEM/Memory test on your PC, and try reinstalling the full game, on some other Hard drive location if possible.

Cheers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------