PDA

View Full Version : Possible Story Line for the new game(s)

LanceSavage
04-12-2007, 11:03 AM
I haven't seen this idea crop up yet after doing a search, so here's my thoughts on this.

Spoiler Alert***
At the end of RS-Vegas, we find out that one of the Rainbow Six members is a counter agent, with full knowledge of the going's on of Rainbow Six. Could it be conceivable that with his knowledge of Rainbow Six's operations and personel, he could run amuck with terrorist activities that could start WW3?

Or maybe this Rainbow Six member was turned by an unmentioned group (Red Horse perhaps?), who could have also infiltrated and turned people in both the Ghost and Splinter Cell organizations. With all of these turned assests (and the potential information these people know), you could really wreak havoc in the world.

The game(s) would revolve around tracking down these turned assests before they can use their knowledge to turn the world into the future being depicted in the news reports.

Just my two cents.

LanceSavage
04-12-2007, 11:03 AM
I haven't seen this idea crop up yet after doing a search, so here's my thoughts on this.

Spoiler Alert***
At the end of RS-Vegas, we find out that one of the Rainbow Six members is a counter agent, with full knowledge of the going's on of Rainbow Six. Could it be conceivable that with his knowledge of Rainbow Six's operations and personel, he could run amuck with terrorist activities that could start WW3?

Or maybe this Rainbow Six member was turned by an unmentioned group (Red Horse perhaps?), who could have also infiltrated and turned people in both the Ghost and Splinter Cell organizations. With all of these turned assests (and the potential information these people know), you could really wreak havoc in the world.

The game(s) would revolve around tracking down these turned assests before they can use their knowledge to turn the world into the future being depicted in the news reports.

Just my two cents.

FoxHoleDelta
04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Come to think of it, that could also fit in well with the idea that the guy on the main page is a captured asset by the bad guys, or recaptured by the good guys.

Good thinking.

Imaginary.Phat
04-14-2007, 01:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LanceSavage:

Spoiler Alert***

Just my two cents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see a Splinter Cell getting captured and getting anything out of them. I see those guys as the type who would rather die than be captured, and they're so secret that if someone could actually go in that deep and turn one of them, the US has already lost.

I totally agree though that this could be some effect of what happened at the end of RE6

VvardenOkRaden
04-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Some of the ideas (mulitple hidden baddies from within GRAW, SC, and R6) sound so far off it is kinda sad.
Here is the basic idea of what I believe Ubisoft is cooking up. I won't go into alot of detail because that narrows down a storyline that could be very expansive.
There is a connection between the three games, I will admit, and believe that that is the truth.
Simply, I believe three games are going to come out: Rainbow 6 4, GR 4, SC 5! They will come out in a very thin margin, very close to each other. One will add to a plot from the other, adding up to the final game's release which will end the converging storyline with the three Tom Clancy games. Let's assume that Splinter Cell is that last game, because of its weak sales and weak pitch in SC DA.
The Rainbow 6 baddie was selling information to Mexican rebels in order to creat a diversion for the JBA or a higher terrorist organization. The information, Information Warfare, which was pioneered in SC games, was going to be used as a tactic to bring the US into war with a different country, let's say Russia/China. Mexico was a means of keeping the politicians minds off of the JBA, and their interest in weapons of mass destruction. It makes perfect sense, and I shouldn't elaborate since the plot I would/could create could get too exclusive.
So in the next R6 game you find yourself tracking Gabriel down and finding out information was sent to Mexico (hint: the first level of R6V was in MEXICO!) The rest of the game plays toward that converging we are talking about.
Meanwhile, in Ghost Recon, more information is indicating that the Mexican rebels were being funded or used in part my an American orgainization, the JBA or higher cell. Ghost Recon's new storyline has you hunting down more information about the connection to that organization.
And finally, Splinter Cell. In Splinter Cell, you find yourself pursuing a plot to find out how deep this thing goes. Sam (on the run, or with the agency) collects intel that leads the NSA to believe that the JBA or higher agency was trying to get Russia/China or others into war with the US. And now, Sam has to stop a complete no-holes barred attack on the US by covert means. This 'attack' doesn't have to be physical, it could be information warfare related. Sam gets to interact with the Ghosts and Rainbow crew over radio, even! That would be a sweet add-on to the franchise.
Going back to my last comment, if Sam crossed paths with the Ghosts of Rainbow agents INSIDE of 1 or 2 levels, that would totally rock! Come on, admit it!

"Who are you?"
"We are coming to get you out of here."
"You didn't answer my question..."
"We are Ghosts, sir, we don't even exist."
"Hmph, sounds like you are in the same line of work as I am..."

&lt;Sam enters room taken over my R6 agents&gt;
"Where are the hostages? I need to speak with *****."
"We have them over there. I wouldn't travel any higher, the bastards rigged some traps. My men are pioneering another way of getting up to the top."
"Don't worry, I will be gone before you know it."
"Huh, you are one of those people..."

Look at the possibilities!

Anyways, I think this site is a converging of the three games into a realistic strong tie between them all! Good Job Ubisoft, you guys rock!

-Terry-

VvardenOkRaden
04-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Also REV 64 is a hint at Revelations 6:4 listed below!!! Read for major hints at general theory of next line up of Tom Clancy Games!

PNT: 6:4 And there went out another horse [that was] red. There appears in the field of view a second horse, no longer white, but as red as blood. The horse is the symbol of war, but the changed color indicates that the conditions of war are entirely changed. It is no longer triumphant war in the dominions of their enemies, while within all is peace, but the land is drenched in blood.And [power] was given to him. Upon the horse sat one with a great sword in his hand, to whom power was given to take peace from the earth, and to make men that they should kill one another.To take peace from the earth. The earth contemplated by John was the Roman earth, or empire. From it peace shall be taken away. Nor is it to be destroyed by foreign invaders.That they should kill one another. In as plain language as symbolism can disclose, it is indicated that the next great feature of history is that the land shall be torn by civil war. During the period of the first seal the fertile provinces of the Roman Empire never saw the face of a hostile soldier, unless borne as a captive from the distant frontiers, where the Roman generals waged triumphant wars in the countries of their enemies. All was peace within. But now a period of internal war is indicated.WES: 6:4 There went forth another horse that was red - A colour suitable to bloodshed. And to him that sat thereon it was given to take peace from the earth - Vespasian, in the year 75, had dedicated a temple to Peace; but after a time we hear little more of peace. All is full of war and bloodshed, chiefly in the western world, where the main business of men seemed to be, to kill one another. To this horseman there was given a great sword; and he had much to do with it; for as soon as Trajan ascended the throne, peace was taken from the earth. Decebalus, king of Dacia, which lies westward from Patmos, put the Romans to no small trouble. The war lasted five years, and consumed abundance of men on both sides; yet was only a prelude to much other bloodshed, which followed for a long season. All this was signified by the great sword, which strikes those who are near, as the bow does those who are at a distance.MHC: 6:1-8 Christ, the Lamb, opens the first seal: observe what appeared. A rider on a white horse. By the going forth of this white horse, a time of peace, or the early progress of the Christian religion, seems to be intended; its going forth in purity, at the time when its heavenly Founder sent his apostles to teach all nations, adding, Lo! I am with you alway, even to the end of the world. The Divine religion goes out crowned, having the Divine favour resting upon it, armed spiritually against its foes, and destined to be victorious in the end. On opening the second seal, a red horse appeared; this signifies desolating judgments. The sword of war and persecution is a dreadful judgment; it takes away peace from the earth, one of the greatest blessings; and men who should love one another, and help one another, are set upon killing one another. Such scenes also followed the pure age of early Christianity, when, neglectful of charity and the bond of peace, the Christian leaders, divided among themselves, appealed to the sword, and entangled themselves in guilt. On opening the third seal, a black horse appeared; a colour denoting mourning and woe, darkness and ignorance. He that sat on it had a yoke in his hand. Attempts were made to put a yoke of superstitious observances on the disciples. As the stream of Christianity flowed further from its pure fountain, it became more and more corrupt. During the progress of this black horse, the necessaries of life should be at excessive prices, and the more costly things should not be hurt. According to prophetic language, these articles signified that food of religious knowledge, by which the souls of men are sustained unto everlasting life; such we are invited to buy, Isa 55:1. But when the dark clouds of ignorance and superstition, denoted by the black horse, spread over the Christian world, the knowledge and practice of true religion became scarce. When a people loathe their spiritual food, God may justly deprive them of their daily bread. The famine of bread is a terrible judgment; but the famine of the word is more so. Upon opening the fourth seal, another horse appeared, of a pale colour. The rider was Death, the king of terrors. The attendants, or followers of this king of terrors, hell, a state of eternal misery to all who die in their sins; and in times of general destruction, multitudes go down unprepared into the pit. The period of the fourth seal is one of great slaughter and devastation, destroying whatever may tend to make life happy, making ravages on the spiritual lives of men. Thus the mystery of iniquity was completed, and its power extended both over the lives and consciences of men. The exact times of these four seals cannot be ascertained, for the changes were gradual. God gave them power, that is, those instruments of his anger, or those judgments: all public calamities are at his command; they only go forth when God sends them, and no further than he permits.

Ibanez_821
04-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Dude, that biblic quote was way too long, I don't really think anyone's going to read it. Besides Rev 6:4 is only a couple of lines:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next, I think the plot you're describing is just as vague as anyone's guess! Also, how is what you're saying in any way revolutionary? Because that's what this game's supposed to be, according to the message on the EGM website. Just another neww installation of all 3 franchises wouldn't be in any way revolutionary...

VvardenOkRaden
04-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Sorry about the long quote.

But the reason why the idea is REVELUTIONARY is because it would combine ALL THREE series into each game. It hasn't been done before. It would be cool if Sam actually got to meet with members or R6 and GR, and vise versa, that's what makes it so unique.

After further investigations however, I doubt they are going to do something or anything like this, instead, I believe that they will start a new series promoting something entirely new. I know, DUH, but I don't think it will have to do with squad based or solo missions.

I would be cool, you got to admit!

VvardenOkRaden
04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
misspell, revolutionary

VvardenOkRaden
04-18-2007, 08:30 PM
What about Ubisoft taking on EA Games' BATTLEFIELD Series? I think this is the most merited idea. Ultimately, it would be a game as strict on real-life as any Tom Clancy game, and set on huge battlegrounds. You can be GR-type men, Splinter Cells, and anti-terrorist agents? I don't know, just a thought, but it would be cool.

LanceSavage
04-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Another Theory:

What if a super power (China, Russia, etc.) or even a lesser Power (North Korea, Iran) were to make a deal with a terrorist group to supply them with technologically advanced weapons (ie. nukes or emp bombs, etc.). The goal would be to indirectly attack the US and her allies, using a terrorist group proxy (since an outright attack on the US would lead to WW3). The goal of these attacks is to disrupt the Western influence in the world and to cause havoc and cause in Western societies and their economies.

The goal of the game would be to use the resources of Rainbow Six, Ghost's and Splinter Cells to find out who supplied the terrorists with these advanced weapons, so that a direct military attack can be levelled against the originator of the supplies; to seek revenge for the distruction caused to these Western countries.

hangtime8705
04-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the terrorist thing makes sense, only so far in blowing up the Pentagon, Langley, and NSA. But as far as that, terrorist attacks won't have the US Army on the run. Sure, they piss them off with a couple of bombings here and there. But I think the US will be squaring off against an actual national army, as opposed to terrorists who cannot actually bring the US to its knees.

LanceSavage
04-20-2007, 05:52 AM
What if this foreign national power uses a terrorist organization as their first strike launch against the US? It would prevent the US from immediately launching an attack at the aggresor nation because they don't know who it is. Also, by the time the US is able to respond to a multiple and coordinated terrorist attack, the aggressor nations armed forces could easily slip in behind that first strike due to all the confusion that would result from the multiple/coordianted terrorist attacks.

hangtime8705
04-21-2007, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LanceSavage:
What if this foreign national power uses a terrorist organization as their first strike launch against the US? It would prevent the US from immediately launching an attack at the aggresor nation because they don't know who it is. Also, by the time the US is able to respond to a multiple and coordinated terrorist attack, the aggressor nations armed forces could easily slip in behind that first strike due to all the confusion that would result from the multiple/coordianted terrorist attacks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I agree man. Good way to catch the US off guard. Plus US intelligence is wiped out so we would never know they were coming to invade us.

Jack-Myers
04-24-2007, 12:13 PM
This is RTS game, but I have a feeling we will have FPS mode in it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. It would be great to choose between men on the battlefield and lets say take a grunt and attack to enemies with teammates, special forces guy (Ghost Recon?) and take out enemies with silenced guns or capture a guy or something like that. Spy (SC agents) take a silenced pistol and assasinate a guy or steal information from enemy base. RainBow team http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif to take out multiple plane hijackers?
I hope this has FPS mode, so you can turn from RTS to FPS anytime otherwise I dont see a good reason to use Ghosts or spies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AngryRaptor
04-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Posted Sun April 08 2007 20:35 Hide Post
With respect to the genre, my guess is that it will be a RTS/FPS hybrid. I recently read an article in a PC magazine(UK gaming magazine I think) about an upcoming game (non-Clancy universe, but war type game) that was a hybrid RTS/shooter in which you could seemlessly go from one to the other. Could control unit as a tactical commander but if you wanted to could shift gears on the fly and take FPS control of the specified unit(s) and have more control over outcome. My bet is that the new Clancy title will be something along this line. The game mentioned sounded impressive and fun if it could be pulled off

I posted this idea earlier (See page 12 of ideas thread) and everybody scoffed at me but I still think a hybrid RTS/FPS game would be the bomb. Brings back memories of first TC game -Rainbow Six and how there was more of a tactical planning phase. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about the possibility of tactical RTS/FPS hybrid.

letourneaujusti
04-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure where you guess keep getting <STRIKE>terrorist attacks</STRIKE>. Actually I understand what you guess mean but there is clearly something going on between the Russian's and the NATO states or hell in 2028 it could be EURO states. If anyone reads Clancy, he loves to have the Bear vs. Eagle ALL the time. All I have to say is that this is going to be one hell of a game.

LoneWolf612
04-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Has anyone thought to include the storylines of past Tom Clancy games?

In OGR we had the conflict in Georgia, and same with the original Splinter Cell.

Could these older storylines also play a part?

LoneWolf612
04-25-2007, 08:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by letourneaujusti:
I'm not sure where you guess keep getting <STRIKE>terrorist attacks</STRIKE>. Actually I understand what you guess mean but there is clearly something going on between the Russian's and the NATO states or hell in 2028 it could be EURO states. If anyone reads Clancy, he loves to have the Bear vs. Eagle ALL the time. All I have to say is that this is going to be one hell of a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually in The Bear and The Dragon it puts the US/Russia against the Chinese.

But yes, his works are commonly founded on a conflict with Russia going to war with the United States.

CrazySunDog
04-25-2007, 09:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pcsanch:
Posted Sun April 08 2007 20:35 Hide Post
With respect to the genre, my guess is that it will be a RTS/FPS hybrid. I recently read an article in a PC magazine(UK gaming magazine I think) about an upcoming game (non-Clancy universe, but war type game) that was a hybrid RTS/shooter in which you could seemlessly go from one to the other. Could control unit as a tactical commander but if you wanted to could shift gears on the fly and take FPS control of the specified unit(s) and have more control over outcome. My bet is that the new Clancy title will be something along this line. The game mentioned sounded impressive and fun if it could be pulled off

I posted this idea earlier (See page 12 of ideas thread) and everybody scoffed at me but I still think a hybrid RTS/FPS game would be the bomb. Brings back memories of first TC game -Rainbow Six and how there was more of a tactical planning phase. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about the possibility of tactical RTS/FPS hybrid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I had the same idea, a hybrid rts/fps/sim game where I could command units, jump into the skin of a Ghost or the seat of a Helicopter, or even fighter jet. (I didn't post for fear of flaming.)

Imagine a mission broken into several parts, and executed with several differing scenarios available. For example, I think this POW on the site is more than just a way to tell the story, I think he will play a mission objective in the game. (oh, btw i think the new video on the site is of his platoons capture in france) But, lets say to get his platoon back, you must take out Sam sites with a stealth aircraft, infiltrate a Splinter Cell to sort out their location, then insert a Rainbow or Ghost team to snatch them back. Or, maybe using a Ghost team to take out the sam site, then inserting a Rainbow team by heli to snatch them back.

Either way, its exciting to see something new and different on the horizon, maybe something that takes more brains and teamwork than most FPS titles hitting the shelves lately. I look forward to a little information being released every so often, and hopefully some good community participation.

rawkst4r
05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
This could be like the whole Starcraft projects. This could be what Starcraft would be, but on a larger scale. IE: Three organizations Ghosts, Rainbows, Splinter Cell, facing off because of some terrorist. And the predecessors (SChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifA , GRAW 2, R6:V), would be what starcraft ghost would've been.