PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby

Mr_Blastman
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Anyone having problems connecting to Hyperlobby?

I was having problems a few days ago and then yesterday I could connect.

Try again today and I can not connect again, can't even ping hyperfighter.sk

I'm on Comcast and a number of guys over on Simhq that were using Comcast were having the same problems the past few weeks. Any ideas here?

Mr_Blastman
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Anyone having problems connecting to Hyperlobby?

I was having problems a few days ago and then yesterday I could connect.

Try again today and I can not connect again, can't even ping hyperfighter.sk

I'm on Comcast and a number of guys over on Simhq that were using Comcast were having the same problems the past few weeks. Any ideas here?

Mr_Blastman
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Anyone at all?

BrewsterPilot
08-08-2007, 08:51 PM
All fine here. Try a reinstall?

Mr_Blastman
08-08-2007, 09:04 PM
The thing is, I can't traceroute to it or ping it. It isn't software related on my end at all...

fabianfred
08-09-2007, 05:12 AM
I haven't been able to connect all day today http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

MEGILE
08-09-2007, 05:20 AM
It Werks for me

Mr_Blastman
08-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Still can't connect today either http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Targ
08-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I just saw that thread at SimHQ,
that really stinks and I wish the best for those having issues.

Flying_Mex
08-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey there,

I am a comcast user as well and have been experimenting this problem.
Basically, I was inactive for a couple of months, then came back and flew with my squad. A week later, I tried to fly again and I began to get the error message...cannot ping hyperlobby site or even go to it.

I read the same thread over at sim HQ and assumed that it is basically on comcast's part...as the one main ingredient in all this is that the people who are having problems all have comcast. I did not change anything.

Funny day is that yesterday, as it became a custome to check before flying, i started up hyperlobby and it went through just fine. Flew with my squad and called it a night at around 1am central.
Today, I tried to get ont o fly with my squad again, and lo and behold the problem is back. Again nothing on my pc has changed during these days, so even if it is not comcast's problem, I believe it is something out of my reach.

Basically, the only advice to give ya is just to ask your squadmates for their IP's whenever they are hosting so you can join their games. If you like to join DF servers, well most I believe have their IP's listed on their respective websites. If you like to do coops well good luck, best you can do is ask the host for his and hope he gives it to ya.

It sucks...but at least for me its not too big an inconvinience as my squad is ok with givng me their IP for our coops and the main server I fly (zekes vs wildcats) has their IP listed on their website.

Good luck!

Xiolablu3
08-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Is this to do with traffic management on some ISPs?

I had a problem when our ISP brought in traffic management too, IL2 wasnt listed as a game and the traffic was not being prioritised like gaming traffic should be, the IL2 game traffic and hyperlobby traffic was being lumped in with bitorrent and other stuff which made pings horrendous.

The way around it is to either email your ISP and tell them the progrmas you are having problems with, or do a Wireshark (google it) traffic capture for them and send them the resulting file. They should then be able to correctly prioritise HL and IL2 traffic over the ISPs network.

Flying_Mex
08-10-2007, 09:18 PM
I have not called comcast (the ISP) myself, but from what I understand from those that posted on SimHQ the ISP first denied blocking access or having any problems. Then, when they were presented with a traceroute, some of them were told that they were aware of the problem but were told to not say anything since they could not do anything about it.

MrMojok
08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Sometimes the problem is actually 'upstream' on the route from the ISP, and there really isn't anything they can do about it.

It's not at all unusual for an ISP to suddenly lose the ability to route to a site for various reasons, unfortunately. It probably won't happen with a big site like cnn.com, but a less-used site like hyperlobby, sure. I used to work on a desk where travel agents had to be able to access a group of industry websites to do business and this happened often. Especially to Comcast.

sreagan
08-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Comcast recently bought out my ISP Time Warner. At that same time I began having the problem stated above... at least the inability to connect to either the website or to hyperlobby for gaming. The error message I got and continue to get is "Error Socket 10060 the attempt to connect timed out" then it goes on to say... "Connecting the Hyperlobby server failed. Please check your firewall configuration. Hyperlobby program (hlpro.exe) must have enabled access to the Internet!" I get this everytime I try to connect to Hyperlobby. I've checked my firewall and hlpro.exe does have access allowed. I did not change anything on my computer immediately prior to or while this was happening. I contacted Comcast and their response was... first an admission that they do block some ports but that they could reach the the hyperlobby site from there computers and so it wasn't their problem. I've tried reloading Hyperlobby with no luck... unlike some... my connection problem has not be intermittent... it's been continuous since the time that comcast took ownership for the ISP. I'm convinced that it's something they are doing or blocking. I live and connect from Houston, Texas
Bonz.

MrMojok
08-10-2007, 11:40 PM
In many cases the ISP will tell you that.

I'm not saying this because I have a problem with ISPs or the people that answer their phones.

I'm saying this because the job I described above, I had for seven years and it was seven nonstop years of talking to customers who would say "my isp is XXXXX and I can't get to site 151.xxx.xxx.xx. I called them and they told me there was no problem."

Then I would conference on the customer with their ISP and we would do pings, traceroutes, try in the browser by name, try in the browser by IP, etc. Eventually the ISP person would admit something was wrong and then usually put us on hold for ten minutes to get their second-level support.

At any rate, we used to see this kind of problem where out of the blue, and all at the same time, six or eight or ten thousand people using ISP XXXXX in the location of Eastern Canada or wherever lose the ability to find site 151.xx.xxx.xx.

The ISP would still say there was no problem initially.

Another thing that would happen sometimes was that a given ISP would start blocking UDP port 500 which would result in a different group of people using a specific hardware setup application not being able to connect to the host they were trying to conect to. They used a special router that used UDP500 to make a VPN connection to said host.

In those cases it was always difficult to explain to a given ISP that someone must have closed off the port. Even when all of Eastern Canada lost the VPN tunnel at the same time.

The point of my long-winded post is, something sounds wrong at the moment with Comcast, at least in certain locations, and you may have to ask for a supervisor or someone the next time you call.

polak5
08-11-2007, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sreagan:
Comcast recently bought out my ISP Time Warner. At that same time I began having the problem stated above... at least the inability to connect to either the website or to hyperlobby for gaming. The error message I got and continue to get is "Error Socket 10060 the attempt to connect timed out" then it goes on to say... "Connecting the Hyperlobby server failed. Please check your firewall configuration. Hyperlobby program (hlpro.exe) must have enabled access to the Internet!" I get this everytime I try to connect to Hyperlobby. I've checked my firewall and hlpro.exe does have access allowed. I did not change anything on my computer immediately prior to or while this was happening. I contacted Comcast and their response was... first an admission that they do block some ports but that they could reach the the hyperlobby site from there computers and so it wasn't their problem. I've tried reloading Hyperlobby with no luck... unlike some... my connection problem has not be intermittent... it's been continuous since the time that comcast took ownership for the ISP. I'm convinced that it's something they are doing or blocking. I live and connect from Houston, Texas
Bonz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same problem here, Sreagan im also in your area Houston... well Baytown just east of you and I am having the same exact problem. I think we got the shaft from Comcast on the recent switch or something, still cant figure this out.
A few months ago I loged on to HL and played. The next day I went on a one month trip to Mexico and when I got back and tried to log on it did not work. Nobody was on my pc during my absence so I know it is not caused by a problem on my end. Still after all this time I cannot get on HL, starting to get rather http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif .

I read on another post that someone was having the same problem and other comcast users down his block where having the same problem... maybe peeps from Baytown to Houston are screwed..? who knows.

MrMojok
08-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Hyperlobby uses UDP port 21000. Maybe Comcast has closed that port at the ISP level in your area?

Or, maybe Comcast there simply cannot find the hyperlobby website anymore. I don't know Hyperlobby's correct IP and I can't trace to it from the network I'm currently in. I will try when I get home in the morning though.

MrMojok
08-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Hyperfighter.sk is 213.215.67.3. That's the ip of the website. Can you pull that up? By name or IP?

I am not sure what the actual address is that you connect to when you start Hyperlobby, but I'd guess it's close to that.

exitiummachina
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Neither Hyperfighter.sk or hyperlobby come up, and it's not Comcast that's blocking it otherwise there would be a lot more complaints about it (and I have family that uses Comcast with no problems with hyperlobby). More than likely the router that was down that caused this in the first place a couple of weeks ago was not properly fixed/replaced and went down again, with that in mind it took it 4-5 days for it to come up again...give it 4-5 days, your ISP cannot help you here.

Ferdinand_L
08-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Well, all of a sudden, can't get into HL or the HL website from my home although can get to the site from work. Using Verizon in the Tampa, Florida area.

After looking around, it seems that the problem is on the HL server side and has been going on for months with no resolution: http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2370

If Hyperlobby is indeed on its way out, I hope Oleg and Co. realize that a (large?) part of their future SOW sales may go with it. Maybe UBI or Maddox games will spring for a lobby site that actually works and is easy to use.

Ferd

VFA-195 Snacky
08-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Well they do have Ubi.com for online multiplayer, but whether it supports Ded servers I dont know.

I have had to switch to xfire because of this issue. Appearently Jiri has not been heard from in quite some time and the fear is that he dropped all support for HL and has moved on. Since nobody has been able to contact him it's impossible to confirm any of those rumors, but it doesn't look good.

Another_Noob
08-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Comcast customer here as well. haven't been able to connect to HL or the website in a few weeks now.