PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler

Brettzies
06-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Not that the story was really all the compelling, though I did like the whole Vegas as a distraction and Mexico level...but...to end with:

"To be Continued"

Are you kidding me? For a game that has diverted so far from the traditional RainbowSix-godfather of tact shooters-and touts itself as a Hollywood movie, day in the life of a super soldier, story driven, one long mission, that ending is just absurd. Like we don't know there's going to be another one.

This game is more like Die Hard meets S.W.A.T. and none of those movies ended with "to be continued."

Sorry, just thought the ending was more ridiculous then the whole "3 vs 500? 1000?"

Brettzies
06-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Not that the story was really all the compelling, though I did like the whole Vegas as a distraction and Mexico level...but...to end with:

"To be Continued"

Are you kidding me? For a game that has diverted so far from the traditional RainbowSix-godfather of tact shooters-and touts itself as a Hollywood movie, day in the life of a super soldier, story driven, one long mission, that ending is just absurd. Like we don't know there's going to be another one.

This game is more like Die Hard meets S.W.A.T. and none of those movies ended with "to be continued."

Sorry, just thought the ending was more ridiculous then the whole "3 vs 500? 1000?"

sl0ppy_sec0nds
06-12-2007, 01:09 AM
My thoughts exactly.

philkilla661983
06-12-2007, 01:20 AM
The ending was quite an insult.

Somewhere along the lines of the rest of the game.

RLCSeMPeRFi
06-12-2007, 12:23 PM
LOL that was a typographical error. It should read "To be continued...on xbox 360"

ArcticCoolerMan
06-12-2007, 01:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brettzies:

Sorry, just thought the ending was more ridiculous then the whole "3 vs 500? 1000?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Upon reading that I screamed "THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!!!!"

Syrfer
06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLCSeMPeRFi:
LOL that was a typographical error. It should read "To be continued...on xbox 360" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha! Good one SeMP. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Snipe4Me
06-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, I am sure there will be a continuation, the way UBI is pumping out titles... who here really think there won't be a sequel?

My only concern is if this is going to be, yet, another bad console port or if they are going to at least optimize it this time around!

Brettzies
06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArcticCoolerMan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brettzies:

Sorry, just thought the ending was more ridiculous then the whole "3 vs 500? 1000?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Upon reading that I screamed "THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!!!!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL. I thought the same thing when I wrote it, but, the 300 lost, and nonbody stands in the way of...the 3!

reggo
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
For a game that has diverted so far from the traditional RainbowSix-godfather of tact shooters-and touts itself as a Hollywood movie, day in the life of a super soldier, story driven, one long mission, that ending is just absurd. Like we don't know there's going to be another one.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game's scenario has been written in one night on the desk of a bar. R6 has become a MP game and the SP story mode is the least of the worries of those UBI producers. This is even more true considering that this game is a console game for the mass market. And that this game has been straight-ported to the PC is just an easy way to make more cash.

They made a cliffhanger in the hope that console players will ask for a sequel, so they could sell an ''expansion pack'' for the price of a new game. Much like GRAW2 on both PC and console. If the revenues from the game doesn't justify a continuation to R6V' garbage story, well, they just won't do it. And they will sleep well at night. And if they do make a sequel for the consoles, that doesn't mean this new c_r_a_p will be ported to the PC, especially if they think that PC players can't be screwed twice in a row. But they can port it as well since many PC players can indeed be screwed more that 10 times in a row (Lockdown, SCDA, SH-IV, R6V, etc)... Anyway, whatever happens, UBI producers will sleep well at night no matter how their games can be lame, buggy or unplayable. As long as the buck comes in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snipe4Me:
Well, I am sure there will be a continuation, the way UBI is pumping out titles... who here really think there won't be a sequel?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The really appropriate question is ''Who cares''?

Emenance
06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They made a cliffhanger in the hope that console players will ask for a sequel, so they could sell an ''expansion pack'' for the price of a new game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if the console boys get a sequel does that mean they get a pc game and a free keyboard with the new game?

A.J.Sawyer
06-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Ubi, before the days of Lockdown = My one and only love.

Ubi, Now = A bit of turd stuck in my shoe.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Sort it out.