PDA

View Full Version : Beaufighter Navigator/Gunner?

TROOPER117
11-06-2004, 05:02 AM
I might be wrong, but doesn't the Mk21 (built under licence in Australia) have an MG fitted in the navigators position?? All the info I can find on this variant suggests it was either a .303 or Vickers k mounted at this position. (I'm not talking about the MkI that was trialed with a Boulton Paul four gun turret just aft of the cockpit). If I'm correct, will this omission be put into the game in a later patch??
Sorry for being such a spotter! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Aaron_GT
11-06-2004, 08:26 AM
From picures I have seen some did carry the rear gun (introduced on the Mk. X in UK production, but AFAIK the 21 is essentially a VIC, but with revised armament). What we are definitely missing is the autopilot for the Mk. 21.

TROOPER117
11-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Would be nice though if we could get an mg installed as the navigator just looks at the approaching enemy aircraft with a bemused look. maybe a harder stare might frighten them off!! Something for inclusion in a future patch hopefully.

TROOPER117
11-06-2004, 10:30 AM
I guess we could sit and really delve deeper and deeper to try and get more and more realism. But I have to say that that this game has fired me up and I do love playing it! I really look forward to any news and flyable aircraft that always seem to be arriving. Well done the team I say!!