PDA

View Full Version : Addiction

WildApes
05-05-2006, 09:57 PM
So I've already bought 2 joysticks in the span of less than two weeks and I'm thinking of trying a third (the Saitek Evo Force has numerous faults)

And now I have purchased IL-2 FB for the second time because I made the mistake of purchasing from Direct2Drive. Never again will I purchase a game off Direct2Drive. You are really better off pirating games rather than purchasing from them. Not being able to use any patches but the ones D2D provides and not being able to use expansion packs its just useless. Fortunatly I was able to get them to credit back my $19 after numerous threats but I will use viral marketing tacticts to **** them every chance I get from now on.

Anyways, I bought FB for the second time as well as ACE and PF and will most likely pick up PE when I get a chance. I had just about given up on PC gaming before I discovered IL-2 and I do happen to own a very high end PC and all the latest games (Oblivion, Longest Journey, etc) and IL-2 is much entertaining to me than any of them.

WildApes
05-05-2006, 09:57 PM
So I've already bought 2 joysticks in the span of less than two weeks and I'm thinking of trying a third (the Saitek Evo Force has numerous faults)

And now I have purchased IL-2 FB for the second time because I made the mistake of purchasing from Direct2Drive. Never again will I purchase a game off Direct2Drive. You are really better off pirating games rather than purchasing from them. Not being able to use any patches but the ones D2D provides and not being able to use expansion packs its just useless. Fortunatly I was able to get them to credit back my $19 after numerous threats but I will use viral marketing tacticts to **** them every chance I get from now on.

Anyways, I bought FB for the second time as well as ACE and PF and will most likely pick up PE when I get a chance. I had just about given up on PC gaming before I discovered IL-2 and I do happen to own a very high end PC and all the latest games (Oblivion, Longest Journey, etc) and IL-2 is much entertaining to me than any of them.

Tooz_69GIAP
05-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the fold!! You shan't regret it (well, your wallet might! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif )

papotex
05-05-2006, 10:11 PM
what kind of system you got?

WildApes
05-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Sytem:

Opteron 170 @ 2750 mhz each core
2gb Gskil PC4000 HZ @ 250mhz
DFI Lan Party Expert
2 7800GTX 512's in SLI @ 598/1.73 each
WD 60 x 120 ATA 250 gig SATA (I need to add more)
Epsilon 700W PSU
SilverStone TJ07
Dell 2405FPW
Panasonic XR-55 Receiver
Axiom M3Ti bookshelf speakers

rnzoli
05-06-2006, 12:21 AM
For those hooked, Il-2 seems to provide serious entertainment (almost to addiction level) for 1-2 years minimum, but it's not uncommon to hear about veterans playing it regularly for 4 years. I guess addiction-level is reached when you no longer count and sum how much you spent on this hobby, but the opposite - you try to hide it from your wife, your parents and your non-Il2 friends http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif