PDA

View Full Version : Improve

n1zmo94
11-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Well its been awhile since I post here, but that's because I've been busy trying to improve my skills in this simulator.
But it seems that I can't improve anymore, so far I can recover from stalls (well depends on the airplane) I can take off easily, I have a hard time with the navigation since I don't understand sqaut about it so landing is a problem there(but that's another story), when I play online its very easy to loose sight of enemy planes in dogfights since I dont have trackir and only have a extreme 3d joystick, sure I down a plane here and there (lucky I guess), but not after they down me like 20 times, I'm good when evading 1 plane but when they bring their wingman im dead meat.

Do you guys think that getting the track ir, rudder pedals, and the saitek x50 or the previous one will improve a little more my skills? the wifey wants to get me the whole set for christmas...

Thax

Andy2

n1zmo94
11-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Well its been awhile since I post here, but that's because I've been busy trying to improve my skills in this simulator.
But it seems that I can't improve anymore, so far I can recover from stalls (well depends on the airplane) I can take off easily, I have a hard time with the navigation since I don't understand sqaut about it so landing is a problem there(but that's another story), when I play online its very easy to loose sight of enemy planes in dogfights since I dont have trackir and only have a extreme 3d joystick, sure I down a plane here and there (lucky I guess), but not after they down me like 20 times, I'm good when evading 1 plane but when they bring their wingman im dead meat.

Do you guys think that getting the track ir, rudder pedals, and the saitek x50 or the previous one will improve a little more my skills? the wifey wants to get me the whole set for christmas...

Thax

Andy2

Woke_Up_Dead
11-26-2009, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by n1zmo94:

Thax

Andy2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can't hurt, but I don't think you can buy improvement. It simply sounds like you're in a rut. Take a break from the game for a few days, and when you come back try something new: new settings, new plane, new tactics.

ROXunreal
11-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't rank rudder pedals nor a "better" joystick nowhere near Track IR on the priority list, but if you can get all of them, good for you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I may buy an older model of TrackIR myself so I can play closed pit decently, I tried making "the alternative head tracking device that can't be mentioned on this forum" but that didn't work out so well. I mean, I probably could make a new and better one, but I'm a lazy bastard.

Choctaw111
11-26-2009, 06:53 PM
The more you see threads in this forum about controllers and the TrackIR, the more you will realize how much greater the sim is with a TrackIR.
It turns it into something that you have to experience to believe, really.
Good controllers are nice, but the TrackIR is just beyond words, it really is that good.

jamesblonde1979
11-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I'd consider joining an online squadron and getting some training with them first.

n1zmo94
11-26-2009, 09:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd consider joining an online squadron and getting some training with them first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I do that I think I'll just waste their time trying to teach me, I need to learn a lot of this simulator first before consider that.

About the rest..
Well yeha Track IR is on the top of my list because I always loose sight of enemy planes on single or online battles, and having a separate throttle control from the joystick could be more comftarble, well atleast for me... the rudder pedals I believe would be better to press the pedals rather that twisting the joystick, besides that will add realism.

n1zmo94
11-26-2009, 09:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by n1zmo94:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd consider joining an online squadron and getting some training with them first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I do that I think I'll just waste their time trying to teach me, I need to learn a lot of this simulator first before consider that.

About the rest..
Well yeha Track IR is on the top of my list because I always loose sight of enemy planes on single or online battles, and having a separate throttle control from the joystick could be more comftarble, well atleast for me... the rudder pedals I believe would be better to press the pedals rather than twisting the joystick, besides that will add realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zeus-cat
11-26-2009, 09:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd consider joining an online squadron and getting some training with them first.

If I do that I think I'll just waste their time trying to teach me, I need to learn a lot of this simulator first before consider that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joining a squad really is the best way to learn. Many squads will take complete noobs and teach you the basics. Look for a group that is easy going.

The squad I am in doesn't get upset when someone crashes on takeoff. And those of us that have been playing for 5 years or more still do that once in a while. When it happens someone just calls out "eat your young!" and then we all have 30 seconds to shoot down as many of our own guys as we can. The highest negative score wins.