PDA

View Full Version : Save File location

InSaNiTy010
03-19-2011, 06:38 AM
okay so here is my problem:

I've got 2 home's, so 2 pc's as well.
I want to play ACB on both pc's with the same gamesession, so I dont have to play the game twice on different pc's.
With AC2 I was able to do this with my AC2 save file, located in the Ubisoft Game Launcher directory. But I can't find the save file location for ACB.. So my question now is: what is the ACB save file directory?

greetings InSaNiTy010

InSaNiTy010
03-19-2011, 06:38 AM
okay so here is my problem:

I've got 2 home's, so 2 pc's as well.
I want to play ACB on both pc's with the same gamesession, so I dont have to play the game twice on different pc's.
With AC2 I was able to do this with my AC2 save file, located in the Ubisoft Game Launcher directory. But I can't find the save file location for ACB.. So my question now is: what is the ACB save file directory?

greetings InSaNiTy010

Sadunak
03-19-2011, 10:03 AM
In ac2 you could keep the safe file synced online, but i dont know if Its the same with brotherhood, maybe Its under settings. If not, its probably in the game folder or in My Documents

ace3001
03-19-2011, 12:35 PM
From readme: 1.4. Saved games information

Saved games are located under the default folder:

In Win7 and Vista
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saved

In Win XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saved

Mr_Shade
03-19-2011, 12:42 PM
With the removal of the game's 'permanent internet connection required' requirement - I'm sorry to say, the cloud saving used in AC2 has also been lost.

If you wish to play on multiple PC's you will have to manually copy the data - from the location listed above [it's also in the games readme ]

InSaNiTy010
03-20-2011, 06:26 AM
Thank you all, this was really helpful!!

PrawnStar2010
03-24-2011, 01:28 AM
What I do to sync save games across computers is use symlink commands. I have a server that is on 24/7. I moved the save game to the server and the save game is accessible to all 3 of my pc's

Here is an example of the command that I run in cmd promt after MOVING the SAVES folder onto the server. Noticed how I said Moving and not copying because you cannot make a symlink of a folder that is already present on the machine.

mklink /D "C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\SAVES" "\\server\d$\Save Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\SAVES"

The save game file is saved on computername server in the D:\Save Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\SAVES. I can stop playing in the living room, then pick up where I left off in my bedroom. Works nice, I've been doing this with other games such as Dead Space 2, Fallout NV, etc.

PrawnStar2010
03-24-2011, 01:35 AM
I just realized, you said 2 homes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Haha sorry this will only work on the same network. Unless you do somekind of drop box syncing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JohnnyK77
03-24-2011, 03:04 AM
I use Teamdrive to sync my Minecraft saves across multiple machines, so something like this (or, as PrawnStar said, Dropbox) should work.
Just make sure to sync before and after playing to avoid the savegames getting out of sync.

Teamdrive keeps older versions, so this would allow you to roll back if needed.