PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer to AC II [Possible Spoilers]

Captain_Bird
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi all,

I bought AC II a while ago, I played it a few times and played around five missions. I then gave up as the story seemed a bit dry and repetative.

Can anyone tell me the best way to understand/get into this game? taking into account I know nothing about it!

Thanks.

Captain_Bird
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi all,

I bought AC II a while ago, I played it a few times and played around five missions. I then gave up as the story seemed a bit dry and repetative.

Can anyone tell me the best way to understand/get into this game? taking into account I know nothing about it!

Thanks.

RipYourSpineOut
11-22-2010, 03:37 PM
These five missions, I take it as you're still Ezio as a nobleman, and you're doing chores for your family?

Play a bit more, something interesting is about to happen...

magesupermaster
11-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Like RYSO said, give it another go. You'll be surprised!

And not all games have to start with a big bang.

Captain_Bird
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys, I see how much people are loving this game and I wondered why I was missing the point. I know nothing of the storyline so it should be quite good to get into it naturally.

Thanks again guys.

magesupermaster
11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
No problem!
Need any help? - Just ask! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Captain_Bird
11-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Ok so the place I left the game at all those months ago was just before the mission where the father is in prison and you go to his secret case. I now can see where this is starting to go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

DJKRONOS1982
11-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Have you played the first one yet? AC2 is suitable as a starting point, but you should try reading the AC1 story on the Assassin's Creed wiki page to get a grasp of what's going on. It really is an awesome story.

jlorence
11-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Those boring missions you're referring to serve only as a tutorial to get you used to the controls and mission structure of the game. It gets much better after you become an assassin, which will happen soon if you keep playing.

Captain_Bird
11-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Well it certainly got interesting quick. I'm now living with Mario and have just been informed I can invest in the city, bringing in wealth. A few questions if I may...

How does that benefit me? does the profit go into my own pocket or is it just to see the city flourish?

Secondly, where does Leonardo Da Vinci live? is it Florence?

I'm trying to get my head around all this codex business and the letter Mario handed to me. It doesn't help I know practically no one's names.

Finally, How do I unlock that armour in Mario's villa? is that a long quest?

Thanks guys.

DarkicoN14
11-22-2010, 08:26 PM
The money goes into your pocket you just have to go to your villa and pick it up

DA Vinci lives in Florence although a little through the game he moves

you unlock Altair's Armour by doing these tombs that show up as an assassin symbol on your map.

Mysterio43
11-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Why would you only recommend this person read about AC1? I would say play AC1, then AC2 ect. Thats like wanting to read the harry potter books and starting on book 2. Start from the very beginning and everything else will become much easier to understand and more interesting.