PDA

View Full Version : Still possible to be invincible with AEP V2.04?

SlickStick
12-20-2004, 10:02 AM
This is for those who know and remember this issue with AEP.

I've seen two players since the patching was fixed that have invincible planes. One in a Ki-84, the other in a Zero. Every damage graphic showing, no death, no "killed by" messages and no credit.

I had sent tracks originally of this issue and it was supposedly corrected, as it involved the leaked V2.04 patch. I guess an old patch is still out there that allows this??

VW-IceFire
12-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Oleg said that 2.04 fixed the problems with the earlier patches and the leaked version.

So yes, I think the matter was resolved...additional programming was done to prevent future occurances.

Have you seen it again?

SlickStick
12-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Yes, I thought it was fixed as well, but saw it just last week. No Zero in this game can take a whole ammo load. Heck, .303s and .50s set them ablaze usually. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

The Ki-84 can take more ammo, but twice I followed the guy, emptying entire Spit MkIXe ammo loads into it. At least 20 direct Hispano hits to wings and the only thing that happens is every aspect of the damage model shows, but the hits never register on the server.

If he crashes, it's like he was never hit. I know it has to do with patching V2.04 without V2.01 or similar, I can't quite recall, but as you said, I thought this issue was fixed, too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Zen--
12-20-2004, 02:21 PM
This seems to happen if 2.02 is left out when patching (installing 2.01 then 2.04, like I did by mistake once) and the problem is with the Spitfire, not the Ki or the A6m.

For the person who didn't install 2.02, they get a 3d0 mesh error when trying to select the spitfire in the arming screen. Sometimes this seems to crash the game but other times it means that the player can select any other plane...but the spitfire doesn't exist for him and he can't see it, shoot it or be hurt by it.

Sounds like what you might have experienced there Slick...the person you were shooting at was missing 2.02 probably and since you were flying a spit, he probably wasn't even aware you were there.

SlickStick
12-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Ah, now things are becoming a little clearer. There is/was a V2.02 patch for AEP?!?

Or was that the one that was leaked and prompted the V2.04 release? It's all a bit convoluted at this time, but I do recall it was certainly due to skipping one patch. I thought it was if you installed V2.04 without V2.01?!?

Anyhoo, I thought it was supposed to be fixed with V2.04...not sure what's exactly happening now then.

Maybe one (or more) who is wise in these matters of the past (and now present again) can keep shedding some light on this.

If it is still an issue, 1C should at least release an AEP patch V2.04 that is all-inclusive and blocks this issue, possibly V2.05.

SlickStick
12-21-2004, 05:18 AM
I'm guessing with all of the PF hoopla, this issue doesn't have much chance of being resolved.

Still, I thought it was fixed in AEP. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif