PDA

View Full Version : Is it true

WildeSau
10-25-2004, 12:44 PM
That there is only the Beaufighter to fly torpedo attacks at the moment?

A Pacific fighter game should have more torpedo carrying planes to fly - what do you think?

Hope we will get one for the Japanese side (Kate perhaps) and one for the US side as well.

WildeSau
10-25-2004, 12:44 PM

A Pacific fighter game should have more torpedo carrying planes to fly - what do you think?

Hope we will get one for the Japanese side (Kate perhaps) and one for the US side as well.

fire-fox1
10-25-2004, 01:16 PM
now there are currently three topedo attake flyerbulls Bauefighter, A-20 and the B-25 unforchenatly there are now japanese ones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

VW-IceFire
10-25-2004, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WildeSau:

Hope we will get one for the Japanese side (Kate perhaps) and one for the US side as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Avenger may make the first patch or if not...maybe the second. Depends if its finished or not. The Kate suffers from lack of information...that may have been solved but will take a while no doubt.

A.K.Davis
10-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Is Betty not flyable in release? If so, it will be in first patch and can carry torpedoes.

As far as this whole torpedo-bombers vs. medium bombers thing goes, a poll was done at the start of the project and people favored the inclusion of medium bombers first and dive-bombers second over carrier torp-bombers. Why? Well, in my case, variety of missions.

Given limited time and resources, decision was made to focus modelling efforts on medium bombers and dive-bombers.

Gawwad
10-25-2004, 01:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fire-fox1:
now there are currently three topedo attake flyerbulls Bauefighter, A-20 and the B-25 unforchenatly there are now japanese ones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might be wrong, but I think that B25 can't carry torpedos...

Stiglr
10-25-2004, 02:08 PM
If torpedos aren't modelled right (and at last check they weren't even close to being modelled right for their rather restrictive alt/speed drop parameters), WHY EVEN BOTHER?

Until the dev team gets serious about torpedos, instead of treating them like some kind of iron bomb, they OUGHT to be AI only.

BlakJakOfSpades
10-25-2004, 05:10 PM
holy cr@p stiglr, give it up, they have an altitude limit, no speed limit yet, give it time

WildeSau
10-26-2004, 06:45 AM
Thanks - didn't notice that the B-25 and the A-20 are both capable of carrying torpedos.

But there is still a Japanese torpedo plane missing - hope they will make the Betty flying with the torpedo option - but would prefer to get another one - a single prop plane - as well. Lets wait and see.

Michael the WildeSau

WOLFMondo
10-26-2004, 06:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
Until the dev team gets serious about torpedos, instead of treating them like some kind of iron bomb, they OUGHT to be AI only. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I agree with your stand point on torpedo's needing to be modelled more realistically I'd rather have them available as they are rather than not at all.

Zentaurus
10-26-2004, 10:01 AM
A Pacific Fighter game without carrier based torpedo planes is completely ****. How do want to play any historic battles, the mixture of torpedo and dive bombing attack by carrier based forces alone was decisive on many Pacific Battles.
I hope they will deliver those very quickly, actually its an offence to the customer to have to download several 100MB more in order to have the essential planes after buying the full version because "they didnt have more space on the two cdS!!" Holy s*** ! What do they think !? Are there no DVDs available or games with 3CDs ? Actually what it looks like to me: They have again put out a beta version and make a big beta test with us...well, i have to bear with it, but i dont like it.
Apart of that i think PF is a welcome upgrade and as i know 1:C they will gradually deliver some more needed pieces and patches...

II/JG54_Zent

xTHRUDx
10-26-2004, 10:07 AM
the b-25s i have can't carry torps but the a-20 and beau can. the funny thing is, you can drop them from WAAAAY outa flak range and if they are on target, they'll go forever until they hit the ship. i'd expect in real life they'd lose there propulsion after going that far.

GT182
10-26-2004, 10:16 AM
True xTHRUDx, torpedos only carried just so much propellant. When that ran out they were "dead in the water".

Tater-SW-
10-26-2004, 10:17 AM
The US Mark 13 had a range of 6,300 yards at 33.5 knots.

The IJN Type 91 (various models) had a range of 2,200 yards at 41-43 knots. Late war versions were shorter range with more warhead (~1,600 yards).

The key missiong factor is probably MINIMUM range due to the torp sinking into the water, then having to come up to a depth where it can hit a ship. This seems modeled in AEP, splash, then wake after a bit. Perhaps this distance could be increased with a miss until a wake is seen?

tater

p1ngu666
10-26-2004, 10:20 AM
barracuda pilots dropped from about a mile from target