PDA

View Full Version : Altair during cutscenes in AC.

giggleHyena
08-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone, when I am playing AC, I noticed that during the cutscenes, that when a character talks, that they move around, makes gestures with their arms/hands etc, except for Altair. During cutscenes he just..stands there. only thing that moves is his mouth when he is talking.

I don't think that Altair does nothing just because you can move him around during cutscenes, because Desmond does make gestures when talking.

This bothers me pretty much, I wonder if anyone else noticed this and I hope that this won't happen to Ezio in AC2. :/

Also, sorry if my grammar is bad, English isn't my main language.

giggleHyena
08-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone, when I am playing AC, I noticed that during the cutscenes, that when a character talks, that they move around, makes gestures with their arms/hands etc, except for Altair. During cutscenes he just..stands there. only thing that moves is his mouth when he is talking.

I don't think that Altair does nothing just because you can move him around during cutscenes, because Desmond does make gestures when talking.

This bothers me pretty much, I wonder if anyone else noticed this and I hope that this won't happen to Ezio in AC2. :/

Also, sorry if my grammar is bad, English isn't my main language.

bladencrowd
08-11-2009, 08:55 AM
This never really bothered me in AC1. Altair has a reserved personality, so I didn't expect to see his arms flaying or him pounding his fist. In AC2 i do expect to see an obvious sign of emotion through Ezio. He has a flamboyant personality which should be expressed through physical action.

giggleHyena
08-11-2009, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
This never really bothered me in AC1. Altair has a reserved personality, so I didn't expect to see his arms flaying or him pounding his fist. In AC2 i do expect to see an obvious sign of emotion through Ezio. He has a flamboyant personality which should be expressed through physical action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I was expecting that, but everyone unconsciously(?????) makes gestures when in a conversation, they aren't always big and very obvious, there are also smaller ones which most of the time aren't even noticed. Altair just stood, doing nothing at all, not even standing a little bit different or moving his head unless you turn him all around. :/

Slartibartfast7
08-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I think it might just be because you can move him around. If he made some sort of gesture near a wall his arm might go through it or something. I don't Kkow how easy it would be to fix that but I think that might be why

giggleHyena
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slartibartfast7:
I think it might just be because you can move him around. If he made some sort of gesture near a wall his arm might go through it or something. I don't Kkow how easy it would be to fix that but I think that might be why </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can move Desmond around in cutscenes too, but when he does make a gesture, you can't control him. Also, there is a limited amount of space you can walk around in during the scenes, so i think that that prevents that limbs can go through walls.

Zackebacke
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Never noticed it, but now that you say it, it's rather ugly.

SharkMRX
08-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Well maybe hes so emotionless and disciplined that he doesn't do gesture's. And maybe it is because they wanted to make altair fully controlable and he cant make gesture while walking

obliviondoll
08-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Not quite EVERYONE makes unconscious gestures.

Only almost.

Altair's one of the few that doesn't. Most common reason: low-grade Autism.

Therefore, Eagle Vision is actually a side-effect of autism?

Iskander_Estel
08-12-2009, 12:10 AM
in the new dev diary we can see Ezio talking whit people in cinematic cut scenes
so maybe this tima around we will see more cinemas and less "just speeking scenes"

Xanatos2007
08-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I smell another Kaxen comic...

If you look at the new dev diary the cutscenes are more lively and Ezio shows a lot more expression than Altair. Ubisoft was just experimenting with 'interacvive cutscenes' in AC1 and, like many other experiments and things they hoped to achieve in AC1, it didn't turn out so good.

Kaxen6
08-12-2009, 01:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I smell another Kaxen comic... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dammit Xanatos! *runs off to doodle*

obliviondoll
08-12-2009, 02:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I smell another Kaxen comic... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dammit Xanatos! *runs off to doodle* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*cheers*

Xanatos2007
08-12-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm just awesome like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mikeh1294
08-12-2009, 04:11 AM
In my game he does stuff. When he is talking to the bureau leaders, if I go to ear the table, Altair stands there bobbing up and down every 5 seconds...weird...

Xanatos2007
08-12-2009, 04:17 AM
That's when you stand RIGHT next to it, when you have one foot on the rug & one foot on the ground. There's a bit of elevation difference and he bobs as he shifts weight from one foot to the other. I usually stand a few inches back.

Ezio28101943
08-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Altair probably doesn't move like desmond (and hopefully ezio) does because he is trained to be still. And it would be a bit weird if he did what desmond does and scratches his butt while he's talking.

giggleHyena
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Not quite EVERYONE makes unconscious gestures.

Only almost.

Altair's one of the few that doesn't. Most common reason: low-grade Autism.

Therefore, Eagle Vision is actually a side-effect of autism? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why don't I have eagle vision?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well maybe hes so emotionless and disciplined that he doesn't do gesture's. And maybe it is because they wanted to make altair fully controlable and he cant make gesture while walking </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, he is trained to not show psysical gestures so that his targets/enemies won't know what he is planning to do or what he is thinking or something...From now on I will tell that myself during cutscenes. Should of have thought of that before.

EDIT: I haven't seen the new screenshots/vids yet, so i will take a look at them now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zackebacke
08-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Kinda scary... When we start discussing this, they release a video showing that Ezio will move. ^^

Edengoth
08-12-2009, 08:10 PM
The Dev Diary preceded the topic, I think.

obliviondoll
08-12-2009, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by giggleHyena:
Then why don't I have eagle vision?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was only a guess, and maybe it's a rare side-effect, not a part of the condition... Looking for an individual piece of hay from the stack now...

twangling
08-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Actually I think Altair's lack of gesticulation makes a lot of sense. He seems to be a loner, and (as is pointed out in one side-mission) doesn't even bother to memorize the name of a guy joining the Creed in the same term with him. Constrained postures add to this aloofness, which fits his distant character, whether it be innate or through training, or due to the ego hit at the beginning that turns him into more of an introvert.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Slartibartfast7:
I think it might just be because you can move him around. If he made some sort of gesture near a wall his arm might go through it or something. I don't Kkow how easy it would be to fix that but I think that might be why </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I tend to believe it has nothing to do with technical limits, because in the cutscene when he talks to Maria, for a while he has both hands free, and we all know if the devs wanted to they could've added any gesture to him then, for in the memory corridor players have no control over Altair whatsoever, but they simply let the moment be what we see. I think that explains something.

Moreover, no hand movement doesn't mean no movement at all. Fact is in most of the cases he shifts and looks around constantly as if to keep alert of the surroundings. I personally also take those body languages as an insinuation of "have you done talking? I'm done listening!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But hey now we've got a more chirpy Ezio, so be happy.

giggleHyena
08-13-2009, 06:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kinda scary... When we start discussing this, they release a video showing that Ezio will move. ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol xD

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
But hey now we've got a more chirpy Ezio, so be happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I saw and loved it when I saw him talking and smiling to the group of people behind him in the 2nd Dev diaryhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif