PDA

View Full Version : Multiple AI skill settings in multi crewed AC...

Bearcat99
05-17-2007, 08:11 AM
How doable is this Oleg? Even if there were only two settings... Pilot & Gunner. Of course ideally would be to have the ability to set the skill level for each gunner... but if that isnt doable then at least two settings... one for the pilot one for the gunner(s), that way you could have say a veteran pilot with a mix of gunners... if it was settable on all the gunners... Ace pilot Ace gunners spells dead pilot.

If and thats a big if I imagine you were able to work it so that we could have each gunner skill set... then another great feature would be a random setting.. where the skills of each gunner is randomly set by the sim for each AC...

It would also be great if you could set the skill levels even on a flyable multi crewed AC.. like say if you were the pilot of a B-25... and you jumped in the gunners seat... the pilot skill would revert to whatever it was set in the mission... and of course the gunner would be you so... and if you switched positions then the previous gunner position would be set to whatever the setting was... and so on.. Am I making sense?

Bearcat99
05-17-2007, 08:11 AM
How doable is this Oleg? Even if there were only two settings... Pilot & Gunner. Of course ideally would be to have the ability to set the skill level for each gunner... but if that isnt doable then at least two settings... one for the pilot one for the gunner(s), that way you could have say a veteran pilot with a mix of gunners... if it was settable on all the gunners... Ace pilot Ace gunners spells dead pilot.

If and thats a big if I imagine you were able to work it so that we could have each gunner skill set... then another great feature would be a random setting.. where the skills of each gunner is randomly set by the sim for each AC...

It would also be great if you could set the skill levels even on a flyable multi crewed AC.. like say if you were the pilot of a B-25... and you jumped in the gunners seat... the pilot skill would revert to whatever it was set in the mission... and of course the gunner would be you so... and if you switched positions then the previous gunner position would be set to whatever the setting was... and so on.. Am I making sense?

Dtools4fools
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Aviaforum: AI in BOB: seeing behind, accuracy of gunnery, etc€¦.

O.M.: AI significantly changed and will use a lot more resources than it does now. Visibility from AI perspective is honest even now, it just aces look behind them a lot more often then rookies. Clouds are not see thru for AI and virtual pilots. Accuracy of shooting will depend on g-forces. During active maneuvering accuracy will be reduced and under effect of great forces will not be possible at all. Besides, in BOB crew members will have different skills, meaning pilot could be an ace, but gunners rookies and so on. Difference will be drastic, for rookies we model panic, that is when they shoot all over the place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So looks like this will be take care of in BoB.

- different skil for pilot nad gunners
- g-forces and manouver affecting gunners shooting
- rookies shooting all over the plae

Hurray!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Rjel
05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm hoping SOW will take advantage of multi core processors. I don't know a thing about
programing, but I would think we would see a dramatic improvement if the AI could use the majority of the CPU for it's instructions without having to share.

Bearcat99
05-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah someone else brought that to my attention.. I had forgotten about it... Its funny with the cloud issue though.,. because even now I can loose AI in the clouds.. you just have to make a drastic change of direction, make sure that your break will give you enough of an extension... preferably 180 out from the bandit.. with enough speed to make it count.... and make sure the cloud is thick enough... The AI can't hide from you in a wispy cloud... especially when they keep flying straight .... so...

Roblex
05-26-2007, 04:08 AM
When they say that individual gunners have different skill levels is that just a random setting each flight?

What I would love to see is gunners that start as rookies but improve with combat experience. All experience is lost again if they die but is saved if they bail in friendly territory.