PDA

View Full Version : DLC! 11/1/11

Kitlerc
11-01-2011, 06:02 AM
There are now three songs available for purchase via DLC!

These are the two songs from preorder:
Lynyrd Skynyrd Ė Free Bird
Radiohead Ė Bodysnatchers

As well as:
The Black Keys Ė Tighten Up

These songs are available individually for 240 MSP ($3)

http://yfrog.com/oc41pij

Kitlerc
11-01-2011, 06:02 AM
There are now three songs available for purchase via DLC!

These are the two songs from preorder:
Lynyrd Skynyrd Ė Free Bird
Radiohead Ė Bodysnatchers

As well as:
The Black Keys Ė Tighten Up

These songs are available individually for 240 MSP ($3)

http://yfrog.com/oc41pij

Kitlerc
11-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Frankly, I find $3 for a song way overpriced, considering for the same price in Rock Band you get to play keys, pro keys, vocals, harmonies, drums, pro drums, guitar, pro guitar, bass, and pro bass.

The only ways I'll currently buy more songs for Rocksmith are: If they release a song I REALLY like, If they put songs on sale, or when I actually get through the songs that are already on the disc. Frankly, I still have a lot to do on the disc before I feel DLC to be necessary, but that doesn't mean Ubisoft shouldn't get it ready!

oldgeezer99
11-01-2011, 06:38 AM
I think $2 per song is ok, if they're really good, but $3 each is a bit steep, especially since many of us will want to buy 50-100 songs. In this economy, ubi, please reconsider pricing... or at least, offer discounted bundle packages.

Pancho X1
11-01-2011, 06:58 AM
I don't think that 3 bucks is too much. But nothing that I don't already have or want in this first wave. So I'll be waiting for the next one. 3 songs a week or every two weeks would be ok.

JinjaBeard
11-01-2011, 07:02 AM
i don't mind paying $3 for a song i reeally like.. $2 would be nicer, though, or some sort of volume pack of good songs. Maybe if we could mix and match and get a couple bucks off..that'd be nice.

I'm glad to see Tighten Up is on the list..love that song!

Goooner1
11-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Same as Rockband then.

Pro guitar songs in RB are 160 MS Points for the song and 80 for the pro upgrade.

I assume these are available now on the PS3 and not just the 360?

I'll buy pretty much any DLC they care to put out, just to encourage them to keep putting out.

mdburch
11-01-2011, 07:39 AM
I agree with buying it just to show support. If response is good, more DLC and support for the game. They've built a solid foundation. Let's give them financial support and encouragement to build on it!

oldgeezer99
11-01-2011, 07:50 AM
they have to weigh licensing costs vs DLC revenue (short and long term), would be good for them if they could get data from harmonix/etc for sales numbers for DLC from GH/RB tracks, to see which ones are worth licensing first.

I don't mind spending $3 (or even $5) for top tracks, like recent Madonna/Kylie/Beyonce/P!nk ones, or top classics like Pink Floyd "Money"... they may want to consider different pricing for different DLC tracks, based on how famous (hence more expensive to license) they are, compared to lesser-known name tracks.

stee36
11-01-2011, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goooner1:
Same as Rockband then.

Pro guitar songs in RB are 160 MS Points for the song and 80 for the pro upgrade.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sort of. If you are purely a pro guitarist, it's basically the same cost as Rock Band.

But, that 160 MS point song baseline song likely also supports basic guitar / basic bass / drums / pro drums / vocals / harmonies / keys / pro keys. Lots of perceived value and replayability.

I would have preferred a price point of $2 or less. Someone above suggested variable pricing based on the song's popularity - that's also a good idea.

nevermore8
11-01-2011, 08:53 AM
$3 is a little steep for a song. Granted they have a lot more levels of difficulty to transcribe. I just really really hope that all of these song have the bass in them already and when bass support comes out it is just a one time fee to unlock it.

Pancho X1
11-01-2011, 08:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nevermore8:
$3 is a little steep for a song. Granted they have a lot more levels of difficulty to transcribe. I just really really hope that all of these song have the bass in them already and when bass support comes out it is just a one time fee to unlock it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed.

Pancho X1
11-01-2011, 09:05 AM
after giving tighten up a listen on you tube, I just may download that after all.....

rhinokio
11-01-2011, 09:27 AM
3 bucks is plenty fine, way i see if i dont like a song enough to pay 3 bucks for it.. i probably dont like it enough to bother learning to play it.

none of these are songs i'm humped for but i'll prob get them anyway to increase my library and support the game, as long as they keep making money they may keep releasing dlc.

and about bass.. all i've ever heard was ubi saying they may decide to do bass in a dlc.. but it seems everyone on this forum consideres it a sure thing that they are doing it. is there any official confirmation on bass coming?

nevermore8
11-01-2011, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rhinokio:
3 bucks is plenty fine, way i see if i dont like a song enough to pay 3 bucks for it.. i probably dont like it enough to bother learning to play it.

none of these are songs i'm humped for but i'll prob get them anyway to increase my library and support the game, as long as they keep making money they may keep releasing dlc.

and about bass.. all i've ever heard was ubi saying they may decide to do bass in a dlc.. but it seems everyone on this forum consideres it a sure thing that they are doing it. is there any official confirmation on bass coming? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Will there be bass in the game?
Bass will not be included on the disk since our primary focus is on guitar. However, we realize that there is a high demand for bass guitar, and we are working to release this as downloadable content soon after launch."

From the Rocksmith FAQ. It is also in the "Welcome to Rocksmith" thread of this forum.

Funk-n-Stein
11-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Already have the 2 pre-order songs. Will definitely be getting the black keys. Great song!

I personally was expecting the DLC to be $3. For me that's still a great price considering the value I will get out of it. That's what I'm used to paying for RB3 tracks with pro guitar and I don't see the lack of the other instruments as a detractor since the guitar play (in my opinion) is so much better in Rocksmith.

MASTERHOLMES
11-01-2011, 09:55 AM
I will be getting the freebird song but as i dont' know the other guys I will pass until something like stevie ray vaughn pride and joy, or bb.
sure pride and joy was on rockband 3 but that shouldnt' stop it as we all want to paly it for real.

JamesAtkinson
11-01-2011, 10:13 AM
I agree that $3 is a bit steep but I've payed that for Rock Band Pro songs and while these ones don't include all the 'extra' stuff that's in a RB track I'm only normally interested in the guitar part anyway so it's a wash for me.

I'll get Tighten Up, it's a great song, I don't really care about the other 2.

r1chard34
11-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Three dollars is about what I expected.

Considering the amount of time it will ultimately take me to to master a song at my skill level,(hours? days?), and compare that to what you spend for 90 minutes in a theater to watch a movie, three dollars is a pretty good entertainment value.

I also expect there will often be more than one part; single note, chord, and combo, AND there will be an Authentic Tone.

That makes it fairly comparable to what's being charged for a Rockband Pro song.

GimbalLock
11-01-2011, 11:26 AM
$3.00 is higher than i was expecting. I will still but the ones i really really want and nothing else. If it was $2.00 a song i would be more loose with my Spending, and taking chances on songs i don't know about. Its going to be sad for me i'm sure i'm going to mis some great songs because i don't take the chance on them. Just like the the game Disk, there are songs on their that i would have never bought but surprisingly i really like them now.

JinjaBeard
11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GimbalLock:
$3.00 is higher than i was expecting. I will still but the ones i really really want and nothing else. If it was $2.00 a song i would be more loose with my Spending, and taking chances on songs i don't know about. Its going to be sad for me i'm sure i'm going to mis some great songs because i don't take the chance on them. Just like the the game Disk, there are songs on their that i would have never bought but surprisingly i really like them now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

youtube is your friend there, as far as listening to songs you've never heard of before. But I think what you're saying is you didn't "get into" a song until you were forced to play it, and now you enjoy it? I've found that with some songs..sometimes you need to learn to play them to appreciate them! chalk up another cool thing about rocksmith and other rhythm games!

nevermore8
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r1chard34:

Considering the amount of time it will ultimately take me to to master a song at my skill level,(hours? days?), and compare that to what you spend for 90 minutes in a theater to watch a movie, three dollars is a pretty good entertainment value.

I also expect there will often be more than one part; single note, chord, and combo, AND there will be an Authentic Tone.

That makes it fairly comparable to what's being charged for a Rockband Pro song. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to burst your bubble but I can tell you from having preorder bonus song Free Bird that there is no Authentic Tone that you get from it but I guess it is possible that with paid DLC you get the tone. On the preorder bonus, its not there.

r1chard34
11-01-2011, 12:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nevermore8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r1chard34:

That makes it fairly comparable to what's being charged for a Rockband Pro song. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to burst your bubble but I can tell you from having preorder bonus song Free Bird that there is no Authentic Tone that you get from it but I guess it is possible that with paid DLC you get the tone. On the preorder bonus, its not there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes there is. check again.

nevermore8
11-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but I can tell you from having preorder bonus song Free Bird that there is no Authentic Tone that you get from it but I guess it is possible that with paid DLC you get the tone. On the preorder bonus, its not there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes there is. check again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm at work. I've have to check it out when I get home. This is one instance when I'm certainly hope that I'm wrong though.

Do you get it when you break a score of 70,000? I thought that I did that but I don't remember getting a tone. I'll have to take a look.

AlexLifeson
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Yes a pretty cool song and a hilarious video

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PanchoX1:
after giving tighten up a listen on you tube, I just may download that after all..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

r1chard34
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Yes, yes there is. check again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm at work. I've have to check it out when I get home. This is one instance when I'm certainly hope that I'm wrong though.

Do you get it when you break a score of 70,000? I thought that I did that but I don't remember getting a tone. I'll have to take a look. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My tones were on the Amp without even needing to be unlocked. In fact there were two for each song. The parts each had their own tone. At first I was wondering where all these tones came from.

Bird in Hand, Baritone in Flight. Greenland and Yorkville are the Tones

On another topic:

After hearing about the DLC I opened up the game to download Tighten Up and got the "There are no items currently available. Please check back later for new content." message.

Whats up with that.

I'm on the PS3. I've also got the Tom Petty Good Enough freeze going on. I'm starting to feel like a redheaded stepchild over at Ubsoft.

KilJhard
11-01-2011, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">r1chard34 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richard, I'm the same. I have a PS3 and I'm getting the exact same message. I'm guessing that this was only released for the 360. So typical.

r1chard34
11-01-2011, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KilJhard:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">r1chard34 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richard, I'm the same. I have a PS3 and I'm getting the exact same message. I'm guessing that this was only released for the 360. So typical. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm told on the RB3 forum that PS3 has a update schedule that updates later in the day.

amilan76
11-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm disappointed that they chose 3 dollars as the price point. I would be more willing to spend 2 dollars on a song. At 3 Iíll pick and choose what I want as I need new songs. At 2 I would buy everything. I would love to support Ubisoft & Rocksmith but I just canít justify the price and I don't want to encourage it.

I donít think the comparisions to rock band dlc are just either. Sure, the upgrade to pro price is equivalent but you get guitar and bass tracks as well as the other playable modes.

RedHotFuzz
11-01-2011, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kitlerc:
Frankly, I find $3 for a song way overpriced, considering for the same price in Rock Band you get to play keys, pro keys, vocals, harmonies, drums, pro drums, guitar, pro guitar, bass, and pro bass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rocksmith is a niche application, Rock Band was for the masses. I had no doubt Rocksmith DLC would cost more than Rock Band stuff.

My worry is not about price, but about quality and volume. If we only see a handful of songs a month, that's not good. That means you could be waiting years to see some of the songs you really, really want. If at all.

dnewland
11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
The $3 doesn't bother me much, which is odd, since on Rock Band paying the upgrade charge drove me crazy.

But I think that the difference is just what you are getting. Rock Band I could get a song, play it for 20 minutes, and have it down. On Rocksmith, it is going to take days (or longer) to get a new song anywhere near mastered. Seems like more for the money, not less.

Funk-n-Stein
11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amilan76:
I'm disappointed that they chose 3 dollars as the price point. I would be more willing to spend 2 dollars on a song. At 3 Iíll pick and choose what I want as I need new songs. At 2 I would buy everything. I would love to support Ubisoft & Rocksmith but I just canít justify the price and I don't want to encourage it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but why would you buy everything regardless of if you liked it or not just because it was a $1 cheaper? I have no problem with the price, but wouldn't buy EVERYTHING even if it was 50 cents/song.

Comment seems like a kid threatening to hold their breath if they don't get what they want.

amilan76
11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Funk-n-Stein:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amilan76:
I'm disappointed that they chose 3 dollars as the price point. I would be more willing to spend 2 dollars on a song. At 3 Iíll pick and choose what I want as I need new songs. At 2 I would buy everything. I would love to support Ubisoft & Rocksmith but I just canít justify the price and I don't want to encourage it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but why would you buy everything regardless of if you liked it or not just because it was a $1 cheaper? I have no problem with the price, but wouldn't buy EVERYTHING even if it was 50 cents/song.

Comment seems like a kid threatening to hold their breath if they don't get what they want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like a lot of different genres of music and would happily take a chance on a song at 2 dollars to support Rocksmith.

Insulting me because I do not agree with your view point doesnít seem childish. It is childish. I know some people feel that 3 is reasonable and will buy the dlc. I donít think any less of anyone does.

raynebc
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dnewland:
Rock Band I could get a song, play it for 20 minutes, and have it down. On Rocksmith, it is going to take days (or longer) to get a new song anywhere near mastered. Seems like more for the money, not less. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you aren't mastering the song in Rock Band. Remember, despite not being given in-game indications of where bends/etc. are, you can still play charts back in practice mode and play along with your real guitar. You won't get score/feedback, but you can slow the speed down in nice increments.

r1chard34
11-01-2011, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Funk-n-Stein:

Comment seems like a kid threatening to hold their breath if they don't get what they want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like a lot of different genres of music and would happily take a chance on a song at 2 dollars to support Rocksmith.

Insulting me because I do not agree with your view point doesnít seem childish. It is childish. I know some people feel that 3 is reasonable and will buy the dlc. I donít think any less of anyone does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now it's my turn to hold my breath till I get what I want.

$4.99 for a song on PS3!1!?1!

When the exact same song is $2.99 on Xbox?

I think not.

koakawe
11-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I just bought all 3 songs (xbox 360) to show my support, even though I already had the 2 pre-order songs.

I'll buy all of the 70's DLC on the 15th too.
Even if I never get a chance to learn them, it supports Ubi and Rocksmith.

A few dollars each is nothing compared to all of the money I've spent on guitar method and tab books over the years.
Heck, I've donated more money than that to justinguitar.com!

wasteoid
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I gotta say I was stoked for this game. It is pretty cool and fun to play, but the set list is crap. Most of the songs are not really songs you'd rock out to, or even wanna cover. Maybe it was a licensing issue, I dunno. But unless they come up with some better more rocking songs, this game is a thumbs down for me. I like about all of 5 of the songs I get to play, not gonna hold my attention for very long, once I've mastered them.

Actually hoping the Activision folks somehow get on board with this game idea, and make their own version of this game, Guitar Hero games always had the best songs in their games, and they were always way better than Rockband http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .