PDA

View Full Version : Planes visibility

Pinker15
09-22-2005, 04:23 PM
I write here to ask why visibility of planes is so low especialy when U try B&Z them or when they are higher. I cant see white zeke 1000m below me when we fly over pacific or when he is higher than I (especially when sky is dark blue. Why at high alt why sky is so dark blue on so low altitudes like 4000m. Its total unrealistic. In real life planes are visible mutch better but here I can see that ground is shooting to me not plane on my 6 below. I play on 1024 x 768 32bit, Exelent settings. From my friends who they fly on greater res. and on perfect mode I know they have similar problems as I. Why planes dots on sky background are so dark. They should be light grey. Can this be corrected ?.

Pinker15
09-22-2005, 04:23 PM
I write here to ask why visibility of planes is so low especialy when U try B&Z them or when they are higher. I cant see white zeke 1000m below me when we fly over pacific or when he is higher than I (especially when sky is dark blue. Why at high alt why sky is so dark blue on so low altitudes like 4000m. Its total unrealistic. In real life planes are visible mutch better but here I can see that ground is shooting to me not plane on my 6 below. I play on 1024 x 768 32bit, Exelent settings. From my friends who they fly on greater res. and on perfect mode I know they have similar problems as I. Why planes dots on sky background are so dark. They should be light grey. Can this be corrected ?.

BaldieJr
09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Yes.

Keep upgrading your hardware and wait about 20 years.

Chuck_Older
09-22-2005, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pinker15:
I write here to ask why visibility of planes is so low especialy when U try B&Z them or when they are higher. I cant see white zeke 1000m below me when we fly over pacific or when he is higher than I (especially when sky is dark blue. Why at high alt why sky is so dark blue on so low altitudes like 4000m. Its total unrealistic. In real life planes are visible mutch better but here I can see that ground is shooting to me not plane on my 6 below. I play on 1024 x 768 32bit, Exelent settings. From my friends who they fly on greater res. and on perfect mode I know they have similar problems as I. Why planes dots on sky background are so dark. They should be light grey. Can this be corrected ?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, consider this:

In real life, camoflage is more effective than is usually experienced in this sim. So it's easier to spot the enemy in the sim. In real life, the sun glints off of things, and can give away a plane's position. We don't have that in the sim, but we do have these admittedly odd dots. that comparions is kind of a wash. On one hand it's too hard, but on the other it's too easy.

But, if you're fairly low and have the shadows on high, it can really give away the enemy's position

Again, though, it's too hard to look behind you in many planes, but you can hear them coming which you shouldn't

there's a lot of give and take with visibility in the sim. Start thinking about real disadvantages we don't have to worry about in addition to disadvantages of the way it's modelled and I think you'll see there are many pros and cons to both

Pinker15
09-22-2005, 04:34 PM
We can upgrade ours hardware but color of sky at mid and high alts or color of dots is not depending on us. No super hardware will help with that. I think its important because for me and many other peoples tactics like B&Z often is useless. This situation makes only crazy low alt turn & burn effecitve tactic. I understand well camoflaged plane is not so easy to see but when I cant spot WHITE zeke over blue pacific what is flying 1500m below me its a way too mutch. Sky gradient colour at mid and high alts is to dark as planes dots so.

BaldieJr
09-22-2005, 04:39 PM
It does depend on us. We have to keep buying the dream.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, I'm just teling you that technology has not reached the point were realistic lighting effects can be applied in real-time. Untill the time, we must endure render-tricks that don't always represent the real thing well.

So keep consuming video cards so ATI and Nvidia can keep perfecting thier magic.

Kuna15
09-22-2005, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
On one hand it's too hard, but on the other it's too easy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that sums it up really nice. On winter map I spot bandit 3k above him when he is flying on deck.
On the other hand on when he tries split S .60k away from me against summer map forest, I lose him if he continues to dive from manoeuver.

etc.

Again, point being that your sentence sums it up really good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif