PDA

View Full Version : OT: Request Urgent Help With Sound Problem

IZT
03-24-2005, 05:37 AM
Im using this forums cause i post ehre quite often and i get good replies and help from you guys.

OK my sound card an Audigy 2 ZS i bought it a few months ago. It has been working great until now. Today while playing republic commando, suddenly, sound became louder on the right speaker. By the way i use a 2 speaker system with 1 subwoofer, Not digital. (ie. 2 not 2.1). So everything was fine until that incident. so i went to creative to download the latest drivers. However the problem still persisted. sound was always louder on one side of the speakers with lots of crackling. I checked the volume settings, and all the CREATIVE speaker settings etc, both sides are set to balanced and normal. Sound should be coming out equal on both sides. When i off and on the speakers, sound comes back o normal on both sides, but after a shile sound will go the the right side again. Is this a Speaker, subwoofer problem, or a driver problem, or some otehr problem?? Please help? Thanks!

IZT
03-24-2005, 05:37 AM
Im using this forums cause i post ehre quite often and i get good replies and help from you guys.

OK my sound card an Audigy 2 ZS i bought it a few months ago. It has been working great until now. Today while playing republic commando, suddenly, sound became louder on the right speaker. By the way i use a 2 speaker system with 1 subwoofer, Not digital. (ie. 2 not 2.1). So everything was fine until that incident. so i went to creative to download the latest drivers. However the problem still persisted. sound was always louder on one side of the speakers with lots of crackling. I checked the volume settings, and all the CREATIVE speaker settings etc, both sides are set to balanced and normal. Sound should be coming out equal on both sides. When i off and on the speakers, sound comes back o normal on both sides, but after a shile sound will go the the right side again. Is this a Speaker, subwoofer problem, or a driver problem, or some otehr problem?? Please help? Thanks!

x6BL_Brando
03-24-2005, 05:56 AM
You could try reversing the L/R speaker connections if that's possible. If the problem remains with the speaker then the speaker is faulty; if the problem remains with the channel (i.e. either speaker produces the same fault) then you have either a dodgy soundcard, or a problem in the subwoofer perhaps if that is where the speakers plug in.
Can you borrow another pair of speakers? That could eliminate the soundcard from the list, one way or the other.

AFSG_Bulldog
03-24-2005, 06:30 AM
Well I have never had much luck with Creative cards. I have an Audigy 2 5.1 card. They are great when they work. For some reason they just do whatever they like. If I do a "check disk" the card will quit working. Sometimes the setting change on their own. Like all of a sudden there will be a big echo included in the sound. When these things happen I have to un-install the creative program and delete the files it leaves behind. Then I re-install the program etc. from the install disk. After all of that the card works great for another 6 months.

I have heard some real horror stories on the proper way to upgrade the creative drivers so I have never upgraded them. As I understand it you have to uninstall every driver installed by creative and then re-install the new ones for an upgrade to work. They do not simply overwrite old driver files with the new ones. It took a friend of mine months to get an upgrade properly installed. And that involved many sessions with a creative tech to get it properly completed.

IZT
03-24-2005, 08:55 AM
ok right now update on the problem. the sound problem only arises when i play republic commando. When i play other games or listen to music, everything is FIne. So what problem could this be??

AFSG_Bulldog
03-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Well you may have to turn off the sound enhancements in the game. Or you may need to select a more safe or default sound setting in the game. Or you may need to turn your sound acceleration down a notch or two in DirectX. There could be many things going on. Try posting your dxdiag and maybe someone who actually knows how to read one of those things can make some suggestions.