PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting - Shame on You Ubisoft on Brotherhood

anagnoc
11-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Imagine releasing a game that has major bugs such as the notorious tunnel, poor voice synch and with a god damn awful white gradient effect. The expectation from the gaming community of such a high profile game is that it's released properly tested - not some sloppy, rushed through product of which we pay good money for. And please note: our memories are not that short - we haven't forgotten that previous Ubisoft debacle in regards to online gaming for PC users. We don't want to hear about your internal issues. I for one will be demanding a refund from the retailer I brought my game from and hopefully many gamers will follow suit - enough is enough!

anagnoc
11-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Imagine releasing a game that has major bugs such as the notorious tunnel, poor voice synch and with a god damn awful white gradient effect. The expectation from the gaming community of such a high profile game is that it's released properly tested - not some sloppy, rushed through product of which we pay good money for. And please note: our memories are not that short - we haven't forgotten that previous Ubisoft debacle in regards to online gaming for PC users. We don't want to hear about your internal issues. I for one will be demanding a refund from the retailer I brought my game from and hopefully many gamers will follow suit - enough is enough!

Mr_Shade
11-19-2010, 05:39 AM
Hi there,

Firstly let me apologise that you have run into so many bugs in the title.

Rest assured that the dev team are aware of the issues facing players at present, and they are working hard to correct these bugs in a patch.

I don't currently have an ETA on the patch, but as I said, they are working on it at present.

If you feel you need to return the game, then that is your right, and your retailer should be able to advise you how you go about that, should you have problems, then please do contact Ubisoft support.

On a personal note - I have not ran into any of those problems yet - I have only used tunnels when prompted by the story line, so it seems it's possible to avoid those issues should you wish to start a new game.

Not an ideal solution, but one people can try.

The White gradation seems related to items being unlocked from Uplay - did you do that?

While I know you may not feel like reporting those issues, I kindly ask that everyone does report any and all issues directly to Ubisoft Support, using the weblinkin my signature.

This is so they are fully aware of the amount of people affected.

I have reported the issues myself, and the devs are currently investigating.

anagnoc
11-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Dude - as I said - the gaming community does not want to hear excuses. Fix the problems and fix them quick! I beg to differ - just google all the problems I have outlined and you will find them in the hundreds of thousands in only just 2 days of release (not good). You should not rush through a release with such obvious glitches that should have been tested & as for the UPLAY gradient issues - again that is Ubi's problem - not mine as a customer. I have never ever had such problems from any other developers/studios like I have had with you guys!Just being really honest!

Ru1986
11-19-2010, 06:05 AM
I am not sure i get the argument AC games are ment to sell to console games e.g. Xbox and PS users they are not made to be played on a PC. They make the title for the PC too but thats cos they have too.

anagnoc
11-19-2010, 06:19 AM
There has been no argument about AC games meant to be selling to PC or Xbox or PS3....not sure what you are talking about. I'm talking about a major release from a major developer that has released a major game that millions have brought that has major bugs!

Mr_Shade
11-19-2010, 06:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagnoc:
There has been no argument about AC games meant to be selling to PC or Xbox or PS3....not sure what you are talking about. I'm talking about a major release from a major developer that has released a major game that millions have brought that has major bugs! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And I wanted to reassure you that all problems are being investigated as quickly as possible, and work has commenced.

So please allow them time to fix these issues.

Ru1986
11-19-2010, 06:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagnoc:
There has been no argument about AC games meant to be selling to PC or Xbox or PS3....not sure what you are talking about. I'm talking about a major release from a major developer that has released a major game that millions have brought that has major bugs! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh sorry i see your point i have herd there is lots of bugs not yet encountered any myself but are the bugs ubi's fault i ask cos i dont know not cos im trying to be cocky.

Blackglasswar
11-19-2010, 06:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
There has been no argument about AC games meant to be selling to PC or Xbox or PS3....not sure what you are talking about. I'm talking about a major release from a major developer that has released a major game that millions have brought that has major bugs! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And I wanted to reassure you that all problems are being investigated as quickly as possible, and work has commenced.

So please allow them time to fix these issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I for one am very happy to wait for the fix - AC is a marathon, not a sprint and as Ubi are now VERY aware of the situation I have faith that they will not rest until the worst offences (white bar, tunnels) are fixed and a patch is sent out. I'm a veteran gamer and can remember when any problems post-release were tough-luck! You could not get patches for consoles. Have patience... and Ubi will provide

BloodyMoon1
11-19-2010, 06:51 AM
I find all these glitches rather funny, because between AC 1,2, and Brotherhood, the only problem I've ever had was using the hidden daggers on people to quickly with 2 before they put patch out to fix it. Other then that I haven't even seen these numerous amount of glitches. But yea, they still need to be fixed, I'm not saying they shouldn't just cause I don't get them. But also keep in mind the game only came out what, 3 days ago? And yes, it might seem like this should have been an easy fix before it was released, but since I have no problems when I play, they probably didn't come across these issues as much until the game was out and being played on a wide scale, so instead of yelling at them, just try posting in there feedback so if you find something someone else missed, they can catch it and fix it. Getting mad isn't gonna make it get fixed any faster.

Blackglasswar
11-19-2010, 06:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Getting mad isn't gonna make it get fixed any faster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wish that people would realise that - ask nicely and people will do it more willingly! Used to work in Medical Insurance and people could EASILY have given themselves high blood pressure through their screaming at you!

anagnoc
11-19-2010, 07:04 AM
I haven't ever encountered problems on this scale before with any other new releases - sure there are the slight bugs with any new release from other developers, but there always seems to be major game killers with Ubi & it always seems to be because of very sloppy planning and testing. The strategy from Ubi always seems to be: release the game, apologise profusely for the bugs, then fix said problems weeks and weeks later. The gaming community has heard all this before. Just saying they need to have a real rethink about their customers and strategy!

Rakudaton
11-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Just saying they need to have a real rethink about their customers and strategy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you need to calm down, grow up, and consider having your console looked at. I have experienced no major glitches so far, and only very very minor ones. I can believe that other people may have had bigger glitches, but having searched the internet there really don't seem to be that many cases.

Stop having a go at Ubisoft. They didn't force you to buy what is probably the best video game ever made (well, second best IMHO).

Munktor
11-19-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm loving the game and haven't had any issues as of yet.

If you want to nerd-rage on the interwebz, that's your right - but in regards to them "re-thinking" their strategy LOLOL. They make money selling many titles and this is a popular franchise series for them.

Losing you won't matter in the long run as long as they continue to professionally conduct themselves and release patch fixes only the impatient will be lost sales.

The rest of the adult community understands often these issues occur in gaming in general. Technology and all that jazz isn't always perfect. Feel grateful you get to experience these things, not entitled.

bustyshrimp
11-19-2010, 09:44 AM
I have to agree on this issue. I just had the game ending bug and now I can't even enter the animus and get into the world Ezio is in. I'm stuck in Desmond's world. How exciting? I can do so many things in Desmond's world such as talking to Lucy and her two nerd friends. What else is there? Walking, jumping, running and thats about it. The Ubisoft development team should really get this fixed asap because its almost the weekend and I still can't play unless I start all over again and lose the 10 hours of gameplay that I had. Also for those who keep saying to calm down you guys won't understand what its like to not be able to continue your game unless you guys have encountered the bug yourself. I know some guys on here who encountered it day one and have not even touched their game since then. This is an issue that is something to be angry about.

Blackglasswar
11-19-2010, 10:05 AM
oka to be angry? - NO
okay to be annoyed? - YES

Okay - so you have spent money getting the game and it isn't working right, but don't rage about it... it isn't like the disc is on a timer and will discintegrate if it isn't RUSHED through and completed. Ubi will have a patch to fix this in no time I am sure! They did it with AC1 and AC2 so have faith!

BlueDog9
11-19-2010, 10:13 AM
At least some of you have seen the game play,... mine freezes at the same point every time i start,.. the only game play iv had is tapping (A) in the opening cinematic battle sequence... after that,... nothing !!!!! now that is disgusting,.. im a massive fan of AC and was looking forward so much to getting stuck into this one,... what a royal disappointment !

CourtJestGaming
11-19-2010, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Just saying they need to have a real rethink about their customers and strategy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you need to calm down, grow up, and consider having your console looked at. I have experienced no major glitches so far, and only very very minor ones. I can believe that other people may have had bigger glitches, but having searched the internet there really don't seem to be that many cases.

Stop having a go at Ubisoft. They didn't force you to buy what is probably the best video game ever made (well, second best IMHO). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a huge issue with the majority of the gaming population. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Alot of times, consumers fail to realize that sometimes issues they may have don't entirely stem from the game, but their console itself.

Such factors include poor ventilation, dirty game disc, dirty internal disc reader, animal hair (Very common) floating around gets inside the system, poor ventilation...The last can go on.

Only difference between the norm is some complain about it in a mature ways, while others (Most of the Gaming Population is the teen age) will simply gripe the moment something arises without putting any thought behind as to why etc

bustyshrimp
11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
@Blackglasswar

Angry is a strong word. I should have used the word "frustrated." Anyways how long did it take to patch AC1 and AC2? Also did those games have a game ending bug like the one in AC brotherhood where I couldn't even enter the animus into Ezio's world? If those games had a bug similar to the one in brotherhood then I can have a lot of faith (since it was patched). If not, I am definitely worried. Please keep in mind I have never played AC 1 and AC 2.

Rainie
11-19-2010, 10:26 AM
They already said they're working on it, throwing tantrums doesn't make the team work faster. It takes time to find out what's causing glitches and finding a way to fix them. As someone who's done programming before, sometimes the hardest thing to do is replicate a problem that someone is having, and if only a handful of people are experiencing it that makes it even harder to narrow down the cause of the problem. Yes it is frustrating to experience glitches in a game but whining about it on a public forum just makes you look childish. If you want help do what Mr. Shade said and email the support address so the devs are aware of it. No games these days are without glitches and any help we can give the devs is quite important, however insulting people never helps

BlueDog9
11-19-2010, 10:31 AM
i have to agree with this,... but in my case,.. i for one am certainly not in my teens,. (I WISH I COULD GO BACK),. and in this case it is most certainly not my console. but for what its worth your statement is very true. i must say that as annoyed as i am about the question in hand i am a relatively relaxed person and have the patience to wait for patches,.. i say patience, i mean other things to fill the time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

im sure ubisoft will come up trumps in the end.

XBOX 360

BobbyTHook
11-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I have never played an Ubisoft game that worked right. Every game they come out with is full of bugs that sometimes never get fixed.

The $2 I spent at RedBox to rent this POS was to much.

AubreyWilborn
11-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Speaking as a PC gamer and an AC fan-I must say that this is the ONLY benefit of being both of the above: there is time enough for Ubisoft to correct any bugs before YOUR version comes out!

Although, with as much time as they're taking to release the PC version, it better be 100% bug free, lol.

Windrius
11-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Well this is prolly the best thing about PC delay.
As I've seen youtube gameplay videos of ACB made by random users, there are so many bugs. In one mission a guard does not die. Just stands there are does nothing. The sounds are also horrible. If you attack and you get attacked, the sound of the attack that was interrupted still goes on(noticed that a few times)... And many more bugs I've seen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Anyway. Hope things will be fixed for the PC version :P

TAKE THAT CONSOLE GAMERS!

DARTH_W00KIE
11-19-2010, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobbyTHook:
I have never played an Ubisoft game that worked right. Every game they come out with is full of bugs that sometimes never get fixed.

The $2 I spent at RedBox to rent this POS was to much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another rant against Ubisoft lol, you have problems kid.

kiwi79
11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
just trollin.

lol at the raging kid. When he creates a better game he can complain at a few small bugs.

i thought the mods answer was plausable.

You want to play a bad game? Go buy Cod 7 its terrible treyarch have done 1000x worse of a job on cod than ubisoft [publisher?] / developers could on this

LCGuardian
11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:
Well this is prolly the best thing about PC delay.
As I've seen youtube gameplay videos of ACB made by random users, there are so many bugs. In one mission a guard does not die. Just stands there are does nothing. The sounds are also horrible. If you attack and you get attacked, the sound of the attack that was interrupted still goes on(noticed that a few times)... And many more bugs I've seen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Anyway. Hope things will be fixed for the PC version :P

TAKE THAT CONSOLE GAMERS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just thinking that. These bug reports don't look promising for the console players. Maybe this is a reflection of the constraints that a 1 year development cycle places on a game (I know the multiplayer has been in development longer than this). At least for the PC its more like a 1.5 year development cycle, which is a little closer to the industy norms. Of course, while I had a smooth and bug free experience with AC2 on PC, I saw the threads on this forum that suggested that release wasn't bug free even with the later release date.

It will be interesting to watch the Ubisoft response to the console issues for ACB though. Given their support post-release has been pretty average on some titles in the past (Splinter Cell Double Agent on PC is one example that comes to mind), they are going to face a test on ACB I think. I guess it can be contrasted with Fallout New Vegas, where the devs have seemed busy pushing out incremental patches until they can prepare a bigger patch for each platform. I wonder if Ubisoft has it in them (or in their budget) to do the same, or whether they will just dump the whole problem on public representatives like Shade, leaving them to make placating noises while not a lot gets done. Although I'm a PC gamer, I hope that the console versions do get quick and comprehensive fixes (not least because some of those would be applicable to the PC version out of the box in Q1 2011), but I'm not especially confident that it will happen.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I have only encountered one glitch and that was jumping into a building and couldn't get out till I jumped for a ledge lol. Honestly I guess I am lucky with no other misfortunes but I will wait for a patch. It hasn't ruined my experience though. I hope when the patch is made we are given details on what it consists of.

rupok93
11-19-2010, 02:35 PM
How much you want to bet that ubisoft is going to copy paste code from consoles (not literally) and PC gamers will have the same problems as consoles or worse? Even with the delay of months. I am tired of game companies that make a extremely buggy game and get away with it. Recent example is black ops and acb. I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD THE GAME IS! You people let these companies get away with stuff like this and they are gonna step all over you. Expect more and you will get more. Accept someone pushing you around, they will keep on pushing you around. Thats how it is. PLEASE people don't accept a punch in the face from ubisoft and other companies.

DARTH_W00KIE
11-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Dude - as I said - the gaming community does not want to hear excuses. Fix the problems and fix them quick! I beg to differ - just google all the problems I have outlined and you will find them in the hundreds of thousands in only just 2 days of release (not good). You should not rush through a release with such obvious glitches that should have been tested & as for the UPLAY gradient issues - again that is Ubi's problem - not mine as a customer. I have never ever had such problems from any other developers/studios like I have had with you guys!Just being really honest! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I the only person who hasn't run into any problems?

EDIT: Its only been two days man...

rutix
11-19-2010, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DARTH_W00KIE:
Dude - as I said - the gaming community does not want to hear excuses. Fix the problems and fix them quick! I beg to differ - just google all the problems I have outlined and you will find them in the hundreds of thousands in only just 2 days of release (not good). You should not rush through a release with such obvious glitches that should have been tested & as for the UPLAY gradient issues - again that is Ubi's problem - not mine as a customer. I have never ever had such problems from any other developers/studios like I have had with you guys!Just being really honest! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDIT: Its only been two days man... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you aren't. My friends and I haven't run in any except for 1 minor bug. This release was imo very good and refreshing after i played crappy bugged Black Ops

its_cheez
11-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Money Money Money.
There's the answer to all your concerns.
Having owned an xbox360 for a few years now, I've come to expect that not 1 single game will ever be released having been properly quality-checked.
As a gamer, I do get disappointed when games get delayed. However, if there aren't bugs, well, I'll be OK waiting.
The dev's don't care about that, however. It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$

BobbyTHook
12-03-2010, 12:26 AM
The last UBIsoft game I played was AMERICA'S ARMY. They just got around to fixing some huge bugs in that one and it came out a few years ago.

UBIsoft = not going to work right.

If your reading this and wondering if you want this game, wait a few years and then buy it. You can get it as a platinum hit.

As for the story line, I have no idea. I took it back to the RedBox, and no one else seems to be renting it because its always in the box and the good games are hard to get.

If UBIsoft kicks me for flaming them on poorly put together game packages, then so be it, but if they send me my $2 back for my RedBox rental, I'll do them a favor and never stop by here again, because I'll stay far away from there games. I have learned my lesson.

Dougout78
12-03-2010, 12:49 AM
All games and software have bugs. No one is perfect.

Keep in mind that all PCs are different and the programmers can't anticipate every hardware/software combination in the world when programming their game. Feel happy that they made a PC version at all because, no they don't have to make one. Console games are in some cases easier to program for because the hardware is pretty much standardized and has very little variation between hardware versions.

If you or anyone else is having problems with the PC titles, why don't you post the problems in the tech support forums or throught the tech support ticket system instead of ranting and raving on 3rd party forums that have nothing to do with Ubisoft at all. Maybe then Ubisoft would understand how widespread the problem actually is and maybe they would expedite proceedings and get a patch out quicker.

Oh and if you're reading all the forums and know about all the problems, then you have no reason to complain when you ignore those warnings and trigger the bugs anyway.

Most of the problems I have read about here in the forums are avoidable in one way or another, don't blame the software for pilot error.

ChaosxNetwork
12-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Please do not speak for me when you say "gaming community" as I have never run into any bugs yet with my game also have you ever made a game before do you know how hard it is to programe something as simple as Ezio? Ubisoft are fixing the problems and your response is terra le and I hope they give the update to everyone but you!

LadyGahan2010
12-03-2010, 09:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The dev's don't care about that, however. It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, let me tell you something. Spent 3 years majoring in Computer Science before switching to Information Systems where I spent 2.5 years, graduating in 2 weeks. Worked for a company who won't be mentioned here during the BP crisis in the Gulf this summer and was a part of developers team. It is not the developers who think of money money money. It's the big cheese here and there, who has not a slightest idea how the programming process should go, what is possible or not in such short time they give us. Sometimes developers work 16 hrs per day, with no weekends. Thats how I worked for most of the summer. I have all respect for the devs, and I can understand their situation.

I have not encountered any MAJOR glitches. Anyone considered bad disks, no? Oh well.

D173120T
12-03-2010, 10:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DARTH_W00KIE:

EDIT: Its only been two days man... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No,i havent had ANY of the glitches mentioned.I HAVENT downloaded any uplay stuff and didnt use the tunnels untill told to.So possibly this is where the issues are?Mind you i dont know why the moaners dont wait till the patch arrives and in the mean time practise in MP!

Razrback16
12-03-2010, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
Speaking as a PC gamer and an AC fan-I must say that this is the ONLY benefit of being both of the above: there is time enough for Ubisoft to correct any bugs before YOUR version comes out!

Although, with as much time as they're taking to release the PC version, it better be 100% bug free, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Yeah we can only hope things are better, but I doubt it. Ubi has made it very clear how they feel about PC gamers.

monkeyuncle8
12-03-2010, 12:53 PM
your argument is a little unfounded, ubisoft does some great work on Assassins creed and there are hardly any bugs, and really with the need of an internet connection, do people these days not have one?

if you are going to complain about one thing about Ubisoft is that they are a money grubbing company, but does makes excellent games

DGLee12
12-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Bunch of primadonnas. I have played the game through completely and have had no glitches. You wanna play on the 3shi*ty, then yeah, you're gonna have problems. It's a worthless piece of crap and should be wiped from the annals of history. All games have bugs, and all companies are prepared to sort these problems as soon as they are made aware of these problems.

As for getting your money back, I work at Gamestop and I'd laugh in your face if you asked for a refund.

rocketxsurgeon
12-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Well I for one have not experienced any glitches in this game. To be honest I think its pretty glitch free. In regards to the OP, it might be your individual disk or console that may be the problem.

You could always trade the game and get another copy, and see if that helps. If it's not that then it will be your console.

As many people have stated previously, these glitches your listing are not of common occurrence, so I'm going to assume it's an individual problem.

Also, bear in mind that the game has only be released for 2 weeks and so far I'm not seeing any problems with it.

Matt_156
12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I've encountered just about every bug in the series since AC1's release day. I'm a little irritated at Ubi's tendency to release buggy games, but I keep coming back for more because the core AC experience is always fantastic.

However, to everybody saying "look at your console," it's not the console's fault if a game doesn't run smoothly. This is made even more obvious by the fact that the sort of bugs associated with the AC franchise tend to carry over from one title to the next. All the little graphical glitches that I experienced in AC2 are still in Brotherhood (obviously, because it's the same Engine and doesn't appear to have been tweaked at all). Unless you keep your PS3 next to a radiator and under a pile of soggy laundry, 99% of the time a buggy game is a buggy game, not a faulty console.

rocketxsurgeon
12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt_156:
I've encountered just about every bug in the series since AC1's release day. I'm a little irritated at Ubi's tendency to release buggy games, but I keep coming back for more because the core AC experience is always fantastic.

However, to everybody saying "look at your console," it's not the console's fault if a game doesn't run smoothly. This is made even more obvious by the fact that the sort of bugs associated with the AC franchise tend to carry over from one title to the next. All the little graphical glitches that I experienced in AC2 are still in Brotherhood (obviously, because it's the same Engine and doesn't appear to have been tweaked at all). Unless you keep your PS3 next to a radiator and under a pile of soggy laundry, 99% of the time a buggy game is a buggy game, not a faulty console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its unlikely that the game is at fault. A brand new game is more than likely fine. For example, only a small handful of people are experiencing this bug, or any bugs. (And those experiencing the bugs, are unique cases). I for one have not experienced any bugs. Therefore the only variable is the console. And obviously every PS3 has had a different life, perhaps your PS3 has a problem with AC's type of disk.

Think of it as someone becoming allergic to a certain fruit. It may not be the disk, but it could be your PS3's ability to read it.

Matt_156
12-03-2010, 01:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt_156:

However, to everybody saying "look at your console," it's not the console's fault if a game doesn't run smoothly. This is made even more obvious by the fact that the sort of bugs associated with the AC franchise tend to carry over from one title to the next. All the little graphical glitches that I experienced in AC2 are still in Brotherhood (obviously, because it's the same Engine and doesn't appear to have been tweaked at all). Unless you keep your PS3 next to a radiator and under a pile of soggy laundry, 99% of the time a buggy game is a buggy game, not a faulty console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its unlikely that the game is at fault. A brand new game is more than likely fine. For example, only a small handful of people are experiencing this bug, or any bugs. (And those experiencing the bugs, are unique cases). I for one have not experienced any bugs. Therefore the only variable is the console. And obviously every PS3 has had a different life, perhaps your PS3 has a problem with AC's type of disk.

Think of it as someone becoming allergic to a certain fruit. It may not be the disk, but it could be your PS3's ability to read it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The PS3 isn't the variable; it's the constant. Everybody's PS3 has the same hardware. This is why console games tend to be less buggy than PC games. Because coding for a PC, a developer has to take into account any number of different hardware configurations. Whereas with the PS3, there is only one hardware config. The reason that not everybody is experiencing the glitchs isn't because they aren't present in your disc's coding: they are. Every copy of AC:B is made of the same code. It's simply (bad) luck of the draw that triggers a glitch. Faulty code can lie dormant forever and you may never hit the glitch - or, two incompatible circumstances may occur simultaneously in your game, and there it is.

And just because a "small handful" of people have reported the bug, doesn't mean that a small handful of people are the only ones experiencing it. I'm sorry, but my PS3 isn't "allergic" to any specific game. It's the game itself. Like I said, it's almost always the game itself.

rocketxsurgeon
12-03-2010, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:

Think of it as someone becoming allergic to a certain fruit. It may not be the disk, but it could be your PS3's ability to read it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The PS3 isn't the variable; it's the constant. Everybody's PS3 has the same hardware. This is why console games tend to be less buggy than PC games. Because coding for a PC, a developer has to take into account any number of different hardware configurations. Whereas with the PS3, there is only one hardware config. The reason that not everybody is experiencing the glitchs isn't because they aren't present in your discs coding: they are. Every copy of AC:B is made of the same code. <span class="ev_code_RED">It's simply (bad) luck of the draw</span> that triggers a glitch. <span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Poorly written code can lie dormant forever and you may never hit the glitch</span> - or, two incompatible circumstances may occur simultaneously in your game, and there it is.

And just because a "small handful" of people have reported the bug, doesn't mean that a small handful of people are the only ones experiencing it. I'm sorry, but my PS3 isn't "allergic" to any specific game. It's the game itself. Like I said, it's almost always the game itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not experiencing any of the bugs, so I don't know the specifics. My game has lagged once and that was when I was riding a horse, but that is understandable due to the large maps.

The thing that I can't wrap my head around is that if the PS3 is the constant and you are saying that it is in fact the disk at fault, Then surely everybody should be experiencing these problems.

You mentioned in your previous post that you had experienced bugs with the rest of the AC games? Obviously every game engine is different to others, and it seems like your console doesn't want to play AC.

In reference to the section I highlighted in violet; if the poorly written code can lie dormant, then why is it that you have experienced bugs in all of these games and I haven't? If what you said is true then I am just as likely to get the bugs that you are getting, and the percentage of me getting no bugs and you getting all the bugs is extremely low. So the likelyness of this scenario being down to <span class="ev_code_RED">luck</span> is highly unlikely. In addition, many people who have reported bugs, have done so in conjunction with the previous games also.

The only variable is the console.

Of course, neither of us can say for sure, it could be one or the other or even a combination of both. We can only speculate.

AssassinVenice
12-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Imagine releasing a game that has major bugs such as the notorious tunnel, poor voice synch and with a god damn awful white gradient effect. The expectation from the gaming community of such a high profile game is that it's released properly tested - not some sloppy, rushed through product of which we pay good money for. And please note: our memories are not that short - we haven't forgotten that previous Ubisoft debacle in regards to online gaming for PC users. We don't want to hear about your internal issues. I for one will be demanding a refund from the retailer I brought my game from and hopefully many gamers will follow suit - enough is enough! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As far as i know testers are only 10 to 20 but the entire world are about millions and millions of custumers that find themselves in trouble and that is why they don't test them well cuz others will report them and the companies will fix them.
Don't blame Ubisoft cuz i saw worse! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Matt_156
12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not experiencing any of the bugs, so I don't know the specifics. My game has lagged once and that was when I was riding a horse, but that is understandable due to the large maps.

The thing that I can't wrap my head around is that if the PS3 is the constant and you are saying that it is in fact the disk at fault, Then surely everybody should be experiencing these problems.

You mentioned in your previous post that you had experienced bugs with the rest of the AC games? Obviously every game engine is different to others, and it seems like your console doesn't want to play AC.

In reference to the section I highlighted in violet; if the poorly written code can lie dormant, then why is it that you have experienced bugs in all of these games and I haven't? If what you said is true then I am just as likely to get the bugs that you are getting, and the percentage of me getting no bugs and you getting all the bugs is extremely low.

Of course, neither of us can say for sure, it could be one or the other or even a combination of both. We can only speculate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the code that's at fault, not the disc, not the console. The reason that we don't all experience the same glitch at the same time is because, for the most part, the coding works as intended. But take the tunnel glitch, for example. To my knowledge, players are only experiencing it when trying to enter the tunnels before Machiavelli introduces Ezio to the quest. Imagine that I hit the tunnel glitch before Ubi determined the cause. I assume that entering the tunnels causes the game to break - what's called a 'game-breaking' glitch. Now imagine that you enter the tunnels after speaking with Machiavelli, and they work just fine for you. It looks to you like I'm experiencing a problem that isn't on your game. If, however, you'd gone into the tunnels first, like I did, you'd have hit the same exact glitch.

Other glitchs in the game world may be triggered by some remote sequence of events that one player initiates and another player doesn't. For instance, I just witnessed an entire group of wandering Roman pedestrians disappear (true story, I'm playing the game right now). There's no telling why this happened, but I guarantee that the same thing -could- happen to you, even if it never does.

You have to remember that the entire game is one intricate piece of writing. If I accidentally read a paragraph from Chapter 3 before I finish Chapter 1, it's not going to make any sense to me. That analogy translates loosely into the game-world, as well. Except it's more like being in the Matrix. We can't see anything that goes on behind the scenes, but there's a LOT happening there; such that it's not always user-interaction that causes a glitch. Sometimes broken code just emerges for one player and not for another. Why that happens I can't say, but it certainly does happen - been happening since the dawn of Gaming (which I am old enough to remember).

Dougout78
12-03-2010, 02:44 PM

The PS3 isn't the variable; it's the constant. Everybody's PS3 has the same hardware. This is why console games tend to be less buggy than PC games. Because coding for a PC, a developer has to take into account any number of different hardware configurations. Whereas with the PS3, there is only one hardware config. The reason that not everybody is experiencing the glitchs isn't because they aren't present in your disc's coding: they are. Every copy of AC:B is made of the same code. It's simply (bad) luck of the draw that triggers a glitch. Faulty code can lie dormant forever and you may never hit the glitch - or, two incompatible circumstances may occur simultaneously in your game, and there it is.

And just because a "small handful" of people have reported the bug, doesn't mean that a small handful of people are the only ones experiencing it. I'm sorry, but my PS3 isn't "allergic" to any specific game. It's the game itself. Like I said, it's almost always the game itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt, there have been at least 5 different versions of the PS3 hardware since it's release. I won't list them all, but the original release of the PS3 had 2 different versions of hardware. And NO, i'm not just talking about harddrive sizes.

Each generation of each gaming console has different hardware than the previous generation. Programmers are given a set of guidelines to follow from the console manufaturers as to what is "proper" interfacing between software and console operating system, and it's up to the programmers to test as much as they can based on the hardware they have available to them. Some assumptions have to be made during that process like what percentage of the population has which version of hardware, and firmware running. I'm sure there are some people who have never connected their PS3 to the internet and who have never updated their firmware as a result.

When you expand the hardware/software issue to PCs it gets infinitly more complex because no two computers are exactly alike. And some hardware combinations are inherently unstable to begin with.

It's next to impossible to anticipate every scenario out there, Devs do their best, but some things do slip through the cracks.

rocketxsurgeon
12-03-2010, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not experiencing any of the bugs, so I don't know the specifics. My game has lagged once and that was when I was riding a horse, but that is understandable due to the large maps.

In reference to the section I highlighted in violet; if the poorly written code can lie dormant, then why is it that you have experienced bugs in all of these games and I haven't? If what you said is true then I am just as likely to get the bugs that you are getting, and the percentage of me getting no bugs and you getting all the bugs is extremely low.

Of course, neither of us can say for sure, it could be one or the other or even a combination of both. We can only speculate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the code that's at fault, not the disc, not the console. The reason that we don't all experience the same glitch at the same time is because, for the most part, the coding works as intended. But take the tunnel glitch, for example. To my knowledge, players are only experiencing it when trying to enter the tunnels before Machiavelli introduces Ezio to the quest. Imagine that I hit the tunnel glitch before Ubi determined the cause. I assume that entering the tunnels causes the game to break - what's called a 'game-breaking' glitch. Now imagine that you enter the tunnels after speaking with Machiavelli, and they work just fine for you. It looks to you like I'm experiencing a problem that isn't on your game. If, however, you'd gone into the tunnels first, like I did, you'd have hit the same exact glitch.

Other glitchs in the game world may be triggered by some remote sequence of events that one player initiates and another player doesn't. For instance, <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I just witnessed an entire group of wandering Roman pedestrians disappear</span> (true story, I'm playing the game right now). There's no telling why this happened, but I guarantee that the same thing -could- happen to you, even if it never does.

You have to remember that the entire game is one intricate piece of writing. If I accidentally read a paragraph from Chapter 3 before I finish Chapter 1, it's not going to make any sense to me. That analogy translates loosely into the game-world, as well. Except it's more like being in the Matrix. We can't see anything that goes on behind the scenes, but there's a LOT happening there; such that it's not always user-interaction that causes a glitch. Sometimes broken code just emerges for one player and not for another. Why that happens I can't say, but it certainly does happen - been happening since the dawn of Gaming (which I am old enough to remember). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps this particular group of pedestrians were magic? lol.
I'm assuming that you are talking about SP and not multiplayer there?

To this date, i have not experienced bugs in SP (maybe a little lag when i play for a bit too long).
Multiplayer is a different story. But that's a whole other discussion.

Matt_156
12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
@ Dougout - Yes, I know there are 5 or 6 or whatever single-digit number of different PS3 hardware configs - all of which are similar enough for it to be a non-issue. My point was that, compared to the infinite number of different PC hardware configurations, the PS3 is (virtually) a static configuration and that's why bugs and glitches are a lot less frequent on console games. But that point was itself tangential to my main point, which is/was that bugs and glitchs in a console game are almost always the result of faulty coding, not a faulty console.

@ Rocket - Yeah, Single Player. I tend to play games like AC for long periods of time over the course of many months - I have over 100 hours logged into AC2 - so if there are any glitches in the software, I usually encounter them. Oh and by the way, I'm not advocating the "disgusting, shame on you Ubisoft" attitude that is this thread's OP. I'm obviously a big fan of the series, but I'm not shy about calling out bugs when I see them - and I don't want some poor fool to run out and buy a new PS3 because AC:B is glitching up his system. Like I said earlier, unless you store your PS3 under a pile of soggy laundry, it's probably the game, not the console.

Rencor2k
09-07-2011, 08:42 PM
@Anagnoc hahah and here we are almost a year after this threat and still no freaking patch for the white gradient.......... i mean are u guys doing.. fix it it!! just completed ac 1 and 2 and now to brotherhood.... yeah almost makes me quit. so annoying!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

xCr0wnedNorris
09-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the Forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

It appears this thread has been...
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z470/xCr0wnedNorris/th_Necroed-1.jpg

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Lol. And what's the white gradient? I downloaded Brotherhood straight from Xbox Live, and I haven't encountered any problems.

Black_Widow9
09-08-2011, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rencor2k:
@Anagnoc hahah and here we are almost a year after this threat and still no freaking patch for the white gradient.......... i mean are u guys doing.. fix it it!! just completed ac 1 and 2 and now to brotherhood.... yeah almost makes me quit. so annoying!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do not resurrect old Threads. I see you posted it here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/3011069998) so I'm going to close this.