PDA

View Full Version : How do i make my own dedicated server for il2?

FE_pilot
02-11-2007, 01:47 PM
How can i make my own server in il2 4.08m that shows up in hyperlobby and i can run it from my computer?

What software do i need to make it work?

FE_pilot
02-11-2007, 01:47 PM
How can i make my own server in il2 4.08m that shows up in hyperlobby and i can run it from my computer?

What software do i need to make it work?

rnzoli
02-11-2007, 02:11 PM
You will need the free dedicated server software and of course, HL. You can find a detailed description in an old thread by crazyivan, much of it is still valid, try to find it by the forum search engine.

BTW, do you know exactly why you want to run your own server?

Bearcat99
02-11-2007, 03:05 PM
With 16 posts I have to ask.. (Please don't be insulted I am just thinking you are a newcomer and don't know.. that's why you are asking...)do you mean hosting your own server.... or setting up a dedicated server because they are two different things. Hosting your own server is easy... just find a vacant room and oocupy the top slot. If it is a DF room then you can just launch and whomever wants to can join in... if it is a coop server then it is better to wait for some live pilots to fill it up then lanuch.

Now if you actually do mean a dedicated server that is different. A dedicated server is a seperate PC that is set up to run continuously cycling missions whether you are there or not. Like Warclouds or Z vs WC to name a few.

FE_pilot
02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I just want to host my own server on hl from my pc. I find a vacant room and ocupy the top slot and when i setup everything like # of players but im not able to click the "Start the Game", i dont know why.

Bearcat99
02-11-2007, 07:49 PM
That is weird... Start should be highlighted.. Try reinstalling HL and redirecting it to the sim.
Are you sure you are in the FB room? I once went into EAW I think it was or some other room.. not paying attention .... and was wondering why I couldn't do anything. I figured it out in about 10 seconds.

FE_pilot
02-11-2007, 08:17 PM
I went into the forgotten battles room and still nothing.

Here is a pic of what is going on, i still cant the option to start the game.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m234/sfsniper_2006/aa.jpg

Bearcat99
02-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Try clicking save info.. then go back into it again.

FE_pilot
02-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the reply Bearcat but what u suggested did not work.

TopGunBkk
02-12-2007, 01:26 AM
so your saying theres no equipment or dedicated server to buy???

Talk about being confused.
One post someone said that had bought a server
hardware he atatched to his computer I looked at some web sites
wanting anywhere from 100-400 per month

Taylortony
02-12-2007, 02:29 PM
its not a firewall issue is it?