PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice a huge effects improvment with the new patch?

Eraser_tr
11-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I installed today's new patch, and with no changes to the conf.ini, my effects look much nicer now. Smoke and flames look much more realistic and less generic like they used to be. I'm running with effects=2 but i had that before the patch.

Anyone else notice this?

BTW what happened to the planes we were supposed to get, I'm itching to fly against the tempest and try carrier landings in the f2a.

icrash
11-26-2004, 05:45 PM
I cut the effects off to run it a little faster & the patch seems to have negated this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif. But the water=1 went from kida junkie to nice. Ground textures in high setting seem nicer.

VW-IceFire
11-26-2004, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eraser_tr:
I installed today's new patch, and with no changes to the conf.ini, my effects look much nicer now. Smoke and flames look much more realistic and less generic like they used to be. I'm running with effects=2 but i had that before the patch.

Anyone else notice this?

BTW what happened to the planes we were supposed to get, I'm itching to fly against the tempest and try carrier landings in the f2a. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which patch? 3.01 or 3.02b? I hadn't noticed any changes to the visuals in 3.02b. BUT, 3.01 made some improvements from 3.0.

The new planes, as explained on the forums here and on the main page, took longer to complete so they are coming in the next patch. However, the "next patch" being 3.02 they still aren't with us yet because 3.02B is a BETA patch.

Eraser_tr
11-26-2004, 08:25 PM
yes I meant 3.02b.

That would explain it, i just expected the planes to be included in the beta also, we'll just have to wait "two weeks" then :P