PDA

View Full Version : Question about adjusting Submarine speed and other aspecs

William66th
10-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Ok I know this has been addressed in other forums and I know that im not the first to ask the question however, I have not yet seen an answer to the question. Usually the post ends up of topic about why A person would want to mod the game. Well I'm simply looking to make a more powerfull sub and try and get it to more modern standards.

My question has to do with the .sim files in the game. I edited the CFG files for each sub and nothing happens however rumor has it the the actual submerged and surface speeds are controlled from inside the sim file for each sub. Now there was a person who managed to edit the file and get one of the subs to travel about 32knots submerged but yet it was only for one sub. the values that were used do not seem to work on the other subs. are the hex values for editing the same for each sub or does each sub have its own special numbers to edit.

If it is the second case can someone please post the hexadecimal address for each change on every submarine in the game.

also im a little rusty with the hex addresses so if someone could give a me a quick lesson on understanding the values again that would be great.

Happy Hunting
BILL

William66th
10-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Ok I know this has been addressed in other forums and I know that im not the first to ask the question however, I have not yet seen an answer to the question. Usually the post ends up of topic about why A person would want to mod the game. Well I'm simply looking to make a more powerfull sub and try and get it to more modern standards.

My question has to do with the .sim files in the game. I edited the CFG files for each sub and nothing happens however rumor has it the the actual submerged and surface speeds are controlled from inside the sim file for each sub. Now there was a person who managed to edit the file and get one of the subs to travel about 32knots submerged but yet it was only for one sub. the values that were used do not seem to work on the other subs. are the hex values for editing the same for each sub or does each sub have its own special numbers to edit.

If it is the second case can someone please post the hexadecimal address for each change on every submarine in the game.

also im a little rusty with the hex addresses so if someone could give a me a quick lesson on understanding the values again that would be great.

Happy Hunting
BILL

Wolfen_U232
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Hehe.. joo cheater... :P

Check out this link.. http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3.htm

It has everything you need

William66th
10-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Well the program looks perfect for what I want only problem is that when I go to download it and then unzip it it comes up as corrupt or missing file using xp winzip. Any ideas on why. I tried to view the contents of the folder but it says the folder is empty.

Thanks for the quick reply

Anywhere else I could get this?

BILL

Wolfen_U232
10-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Hehe no offence intended but your a computer noob arn't ya?

Redownload it again.. The go and download WINZIP (Do a google search)

Install winzip (Ignore the register or pay for option) and unpack the zip file using that.

Winblows zip utility sucks.. That and you posiably just got a bad link when downloading the file in the first place..

Have fun man. BTW.. You can CHANGE all kinds of things with that .. Hehe make your uboat into a dang 100knot speedster if you want.. Just a note .. Don't crank the speeds up to much because it takes a LOOONG time for you to slow down. :P