PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about map

xbelier
02-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi all.

My first post here as I purchased game yesterday. I've been playing for a while and I've found a problem with map. When I press M and it appears on upper right side corner, it reflects the movement of the plane, but it doesn't moves with it. This way it disappears from map and i can't follow mission path. I've read full manual and I've checked keys functions, and I couldn't find a clue of what to do to move map.
What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

xbelier
02-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi all.

My first post here as I purchased game yesterday. I've been playing for a while and I've found a problem with map. When I press M and it appears on upper right side corner, it reflects the movement of the plane, but it doesn't moves with it. This way it disappears from map and i can't follow mission path. I've read full manual and I've checked keys functions, and I couldn't find a clue of what to do to move map.
What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

papaboon
02-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Press the "M" key again and the map will center itself over your plane icon.
Place your cursor over the map screen and click the right mouse button to zoom in and out.
Click the left mouse buttom and hold it over the map screen to "grab" the map and move it around for a better view!

xbelier
02-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi, thanks for fast answer.

I tried to hide and popup menu again to see if it recentered but no luck.
I'll do what you say to drag it with mouse.

Thanks a lot

LEXX_Luthor
02-09-2005, 09:56 AM
mmm, if you are flying near the edge of the map, relative to the map zoom, the plane icon will not center inside the map. The map will not scroll to let you see beyond the map edge. What map are you flying?

Wellcome to Forgotten Board

Skycat_2
02-09-2005, 07:36 PM
You can't do very much to customize the map (IE, resize the borders to make the screen larger) but one thing you can do is zoom in or out to see a larger area of coverage. Try right-clicking with your mouse.

xbelier
02-10-2005, 01:18 AM
Hi.

Thanks both for the answer. The map I was flying was a single japanese mission map where I had to attack some ships on Pearl Harbour. I wasn't able to follow the path to the objective. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

PS: I think I will post frequently here, my simulator skill are really rusty...

prop-head
02-10-2005, 04:23 PM
xbelier,
In case you're not seeing waypoint paths on your in-flight map, be sure to look at the "No Minimap Paths" switch in the difficulty settings screen. And in the same vein, there's a setting for map icons, too.

Spitf_ACE
02-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I've been playing since the IL2 demo, and my plane icon is only centred on the map first time I turn it on. After that I have to scroll around the map to keep my plane in view. I do also tend to zoom the map out so I can see my whole flight path, so I don't have to scroll to much.

One other function you can perform on the map, which hasn't been mentioned yet, is that you can move the map around the screen by holding down both mouse buttons. But I never use this, because everything in this sim is perfect already. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif