PDA

View Full Version : sub gunner

Eaglez47
09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
well when people are making movies i see them shooting the side gunners, is there any way you could have an ai pilot and you could be the side gunner? I think this would be wicked awsome!

Eaglez47
09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
well when people are making movies i see them shooting the side gunners, is there any way you could have an ai pilot and you could be the side gunner? I think this would be wicked awsome!

Bearcat99
09-21-2005, 05:18 PM
On certain planes.. I hope we get a flyable Avenger and B-17 before it is all said and done..... Hey I can still dream...

Waldo.Pepper
09-21-2005, 05:22 PM
B25
He-111

-HH- Beebop
09-21-2005, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eaglez47:
well when people are making movies i see them shooting the side gunners, is there any way you could have an ai pilot and you could be the side gunner? I think this would be wicked awsome! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope. AI is AI. There are two reasons an AI plane is AI:
1. No cockpit made. This would also mean that other positions, such as gunners, were not modeled either.
2. Only a basic FM/DM developed. It's been my experience that when "flying" an AI plane from the 3rd person perspective, the FM is quite often arcade-ish. Although there are DM's for AI planes to resulting FM modeling for flying is not there.

None the less it would be fun to fly as a gunner in an AI plane. Well, wait a minute....seeing how the AI fly at times maybe I'll stay with the flyable planes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif